• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who counter's Pit's Counters?

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
So, as the topic suggests, I'd like to know the counter to Pit's counters. I was thinking that I wanted to start learning how to play a new character, but I wasn't sure who. There are plenty of characters I like, but as I was thinking about it, I had an idea. If I'm going to spend all that time learning a new character, why not pick one that counter's Pit's counters! Of course, it might be unrealistic to think that one character counter's all of Pit's counterpicks (Metaknight doesn't count!) I figure that at least one of them will be the right one for me.

Also, I could probably incorporate some of that stuff into my Pit playstyle, and counter characters without switching from Pit! Even if it doesn't work that way, it can't hurt to learn something new, right?

Afropony

Smash Lord
If you're not including Metaknight in this at all then i think Snake is a good option for countering Pit's counters.

He's good against Game & Watch and Marth which are the two characters Pit has trouble with.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Snake has a vastly different playing style from Pit. I actually switch between Meta Knight and Pit as my secondaries, as I find their playing styles are quite similar- for me at least. The Marth boards came to a conclusion that Meta Knight is at least a 35:65 match-up disadvantage for Marth, making him really the only solid disadvantage for Marth. Snake is considered to be 45:55, so he's not exactly a counter per se. Meta Knight also counters Mr. Game & Watch more than Snake, I believe. It's at least 60:40 in Meta Knight's favor.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Snake has a vastly different playing style from Pit. I actually switch between Meta Knight and Pit as my secondaries, as I find their playing styles are quite similar- for me at least. The Marth boards came to a conclusion that Meta Knight is at least a 35:65 match-up disadvantage for Marth, making him really the only solid disadvantage for Marth. Snake is considered to be 45:55, so he's not exactly a counter per se. Meta Knight also counters Mr. Game & Watch more than Snake, I believe. It's at least 60:40 in Meta Knight's favor.
He said not including Metaknight so i thought (even if his playing style is different) Snake would be the next best option.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Metaknight and G&W have very similar weights. Meaning they both fall victim to the Ice Climbers' chaingrabs in the same fashion. ^_^ But against Metaknight it's still a terribly uphill battle.

Top Bottom