• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Counters Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Fat4U

Smash Rookie
So im a Peach main and when I play agaisny Pikachu I notice some of Peaches moves can miss since Pikachu is a pretty short character. I also noticed that Peach struggles getting combos on Pikachu. So I want to pick up a secondary that has a good match up agaisnt Pikachu. Do any of you guys have any suggestions? Thanks

1FC0

Smash Lord
I do not think that R.O.B. is particularly good against Pikachu but he is awesome so I suggest that you use him against Pikachu and all other characters that you play against.

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
I am speaking for no customs. Luigi is Pikachu's worst matchup. Sheik beats Pikachu. Ness assuredly does well against him, but players of the characters are not sure how well. The debate generally concludes to be in Ness' favor due to his higher kill potential, especially at lower percents, mixing poorly with Pikachu's weight class. The Yoshi matchup is debatably in his favor and the Fox matchup debate seems to come to player opinion. Everyone else on the roster is either even or loses handily.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I am speaking for no customs. Luigi is Pikachu's worst matchup. Sheik beats Pikachu. Ness assuredly does well against him, but players of the characters are not sure how well. The debate generally concludes to be in Ness' favor due to his higher kill potential, especially at lower percents, mixing poorly with Pikachu's weight class. The Yoshi matchup is debatably in his favor and the Fox matchup debate seems to come to player opinion. Everyone else on the roster is either even or loses handily.

I would say the Pika vs Fox MU is probably around 60:40 Pika, I'm afraid. It's pretty even and maybe even our favour before we get knocked off stage and just die for it.

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
I would say the Pika vs Fox MU is probably around 60:40 Pika, I'm afraid. It's pretty even and maybe even our favour before we get knocked off stage and just die for it.
Indeed. There's a discussion pages long on the Pika board. The counter argument for your point is that Fox is able to vary his recovery sufficiently enough for gimping not to be a major issue.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Indeed. There's a discussion pages long on the Pika board. The counter argument for your point is that Fox is able to vary his recovery sufficiently enough for gimping not to be a major issue.
This is actually something I don't see us Fox mains exploiting enough. While recovering, we can use the Shine to stall our momentum and change direction, and the Foxcopter still buys us more time off stage with its hovering effect, and we still have both of our Illusion/Firefox available to us at that point (there's also a Firefox landing cancel but you know).

Our recovery does kind of suck still, but we can mix it up a lot to get back safely. If this was explored more you could probably make a case for Fox having an even MU with Pika.

2Fat4U

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. I'll try luigi although in the past I haven't been too good with him. I'll give him another try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom