• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Could the Possible Five Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I know this has been discussed in several different threads, but as far as I know, there isn't a thread specifically about this. As we all know, the leaked roster leaves room for five more characters. There is some speculation as to whether or not it is the final roster or if the five remaining spots will be for DLC or whatever. But, just for the fun of speculation, let's say that there are five more characters to be in the game.

So, here's the leaked roster as made in Roster Maker:

If I were to rearrange them so that all of the retro characters are on the bottom row with the third party characters, it would look like this:

Now, this is assuming that the final roster would move characters around, like what happened in Brawl, and I think Melee a little bit, too. Maybe they could be rearranged differently, feel free to make your own mock-up of how it could look, but given the way that I did it, it looks as though there could be 1 more Mario character; another Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem or Kirby character; two more Starfox and / or Pokémon characters, and one more single rep / clone character.

I did try rearranging them so that the clone characters would be with their respective series, but Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are in the same row and there is only one spot left in that row, so in order to put the clones with their respective series, it would actually take quite a bit of rearranging. Again, feel free to make your own mock-up here of how it could be done.

So, the first row leaves an open space for a Mario series character. I really don't want to see another Mario character since there are so many already. The first thing I think of is Paper Mario, but given that we already have Dr. Mario, 3 Marios would definitely be an excess. So I have no idea who yet another Mario rep could be. I would like to see Daisy, but there are just other characters that I would like to see before her. (Hint: Look at my signature.)

The second row is full. If Dixie were to join the battle, the CSS would have to be rearranged even more. Samus and ZSS would probably move somewhere else, since they only have two characters in their series.

The third row has one open space which could be for Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem or Kirby. I think Fire Emblem has enough characters at this point, and Sakurai has a personal relationship with both Kirby and Kid Icarus, so I'm going to wager that one of those two series would get another rep before Fire Emblem at this point. And, quite honestly, I would even say that Kid Icarus would probably have a higher chance, seeing as how much Kid Icarus stuff is in this game already, considering that the series only has three games in it... I haven't played all the way through Uprising yet (not really my kind of game, I'd much rather play the first two) so I'm not sure who the best possible new Kid Icarus rep would be.

Fourth row is Starfox and Pokémon with two open spaces. Wolf and Mewtwo. I'd love for it to be Krystal, but I think Wolf is a more realistic guess.

And finally, the fifth row has one open space. The fifth row appears to be for series with only one rep and clones. So, it's either a character who represents his character alone, or another clone character. Some people might guess Ness, but I think the fact that Ness is in this row indicated that he will be the lone rep for the Earthbound series this time. I also think that Lucas will probably just be an alt for Ness, but we'll see. So, if text leaks are anything to be believed, then I guess Chorus Kids / Marshal would be a good guess since they / he will be representing their series alone.

There's also the possibility, however, that they may even actually add another column to the css, which would then give us 11 more possible characters. So, if you want to go with 11 instead of 5, feel free.

So, what do you guys think about this analysis and who do you think the 5 (or 11) remaining spaces could be for?

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I keep hearing this "5 characters left" thing, and I see where it's coming from seeing the CSS. But do we have any proof? I don't understand why the leaked roster isn't the final thing.

I absolutely want more characters, I'm not against anybody's inclusion, I just think it could possibly be a lot of hype and build-up for disappointment.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What a lot of people want: Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Ridley, and Mewtwo. (Doubt this will happen)

I keep hearing this "5 characters left" thing, and I see where it's coming from seeing the CSS. But do we have any proof? I don't understand why the leaked roster isn't the final thing.

I absolutely want more characters, I'm not against anybody's inclusion, I just think it could possibly be a lot of hype and build-up for disappointment.
The leaker did say there was more

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I really doubt there are five unrevealed characters. Maybe a few so that the CSS lines up, but there's no reason to expect the whole screen to be filled.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean

No, we don't have any proof. I said this thread is just for the fun of speculation. If you do not want to speculate or are afraid of getting yourself hyped up, then I suppose this thread isn't for you.

What a lot of people want: Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Ridley, and Mewtwo. (Doubt this will happen)
Hmm... Yes, even if there were five more characters, I doubt it would be those specific five, although I, too, would like that. Except maybe one... :troll:

I really doubt there are five unrevealed characters. Maybe a few so that the CSS lines up, but there's no reason to expect the whole screen to be filled.
Just to play Devil's advocate here, if the screen were not to be filled up, wouldn't there be some sort of fancy background where the empty spaces are? It would make sense to not put background there at all if it's all just going to be covered up.

The only real leaker was the ESRB photos and videos. Everything else was text posts with nothing backing them up.
There was the lock on the all-stars screenshot. I know that's debatable, but why take a picture of the locked All-Stars mode and then put in the "unlock everything" code to show the CSS? Woudn't they just have everything unlocked at first if they could?

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What I think will happen:

Bandana Dee (iffy on his chances, but really hopeful)
Ridley (don't really care for him, but he has a good chance)
Mewtwo (Nuff sed)
Dixie Kong
RH rep / weird character like Mach rider

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well, to quote myself on the 6 other threads that asked this.
1. Ice Climbers
2. Lucas
3. Wolf
4. Doesn't matter
5. Not important

To be honest I'll be fine with just the top 3.

Servine

Smash Cadet
The way your roster is set up makes a ton of sense, now that I think about it.
In the first row, I think Mr. Game and Watch will just stay there rather than move down all the way to the bottom of the roster.
Third row, I don't think we'll get any more FE or KI reps, so I'm thinking Bandana Dee would arguably be the best choice.
The fourth row, I'm thinking we'll get Mewtwo and Wolf if they fit in.
In the fifth row, I'm thinking the Ice Climbers or a solo series rep will fill the spot.
Now, if my idea of keeping G&W in the first row is true, I'd think that the Mii fighters would fit in the last slot before Random when customizations are turned on.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Dixie is who I expect, want, and hope for. The others, hmmm, could be eternal or newcomers so it's hard to say. I really hope Ice Climbers return but that doesn't seem likely.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Feraligatr (Pokémon Gold/Silver), Fi (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword), Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Funky Kong (Donkey Kong Country), and Fiora (Xenoblade: Chronicles). The Possible Five.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I knew there would be five more characters yet to be revealed. Part of me wonders if it's just for DLC, or if they characters are still in-game, waiting to be unlocked (I hope it's the latter, and also that we might still get some DLC).

As for who they might be, well, there WAS that rumor that the final characters are Ridley, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and Impa. As far as those choices are concerned, I'd feel satisfied... but then there's be no Rhythm Heaven character. I'm not big on the Chorus Men/Choir Boys specifically, but I want some form of Rhythm Heaven character to be playable, particularly Marshel, since his design is basic enough to incoporate a variety of different Rhythm Heaven games, as opposed to a character who's specifically known for one thing (that being singing).

As to who of the five previously mentioned characters I'd remove in favor of a Rhythm Heaven character... Gosh, this is hard. I'd like to see Dixie Kong, since I want a little more DK representation, but I'd also like Impa because I feel like The Legend of Zelda deserves at least one more newcomer this time around. The Mach Rider is a unique choice, plus Sakurai's favorite (if I recall correctly, though I don't know where I read it), and Ridley and Mewtwo don't really need a reason behind them at this point...

...Honestly, I'd got with Dixie Kong, not that I don't want her, but I find her the most expendable of the five, plus next time, where she'd be paired with King K. Rool, would be a perfect time to introduce her to the series!

...So yeah, I'm going to guess Ridley, Mewtwo, Rhythm Heaven character(Chorus Men, Marshal, whatever), Mach Rider, and Impa. Here'd hoping...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Dr. Dark Pink Gold Metal Baby Luigi

needs to be in it.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Only thing I'd say about the retros is we don't know they'll move to the bottom row, they could end up along the rightmost column or not move much at all.

I keep going back and forth on the whole 5 more characters thing. I think I've settled on the idea that what we saw could have been outdated or intentionally incomplete but we have no way of knowing until next week.

Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Marshall
Isaac
??? (Another clone or somebody random)

That's what I'm feeling right now.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa/Lucas, and RH character/Wolf

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think the single rep could be Isaac from Golden Sun. His series was important in the GBA era plus he has been demanded since quite a long time and has quite a unique moveset.

Then I think we could get a DK rep like Dixie Kong or K. Rool, Mewtwo for Pokemon, and one from Star Fox. Krystal might be possible or Wolf could be returning. Although recently Zipzo saw a Wolf colour palette for Fox so can't say much about that.

As long as Isaac is there I am satisfied. Then the other large fanbases should get their reps as well.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
EDIT 2: Okay, I got it.

Yeah, I can add Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and Chorus Men to the Roster and make it fit via franchise/groupings

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I think it's quite obvious. Metal Mario, for one. He was important in the N64 era and has been a pretty big boss throughout the entire Smash series. Makes sense to have him in. You couldn't make Master Hand into a playable character.

The second would be Goku from the Famicom Disk game, Yūyūki. Why? Because people have been asking for him quite a lot. Pretty surprising for such an obscure character, but I get the love for him. We need characters we don't remember from games we've never played.

I would imagine Young Link is one of them. People loved him in Melee and it makes a lot of sense. He wouldn't be a total clone either. His boomerang could do like, 10% more or less damage than Toon Link's. He could have ice arrows or something, too. Maybe if he's slightly hunched over, it'll make him less of a clone.

Zekrom from Pokemon White/Black would make a lot of sense. He's a bit big, I will admit. But scale him down, no problem. There's no 5th gen Pokemon in, so I think it makes his chances even greater. It would complete the generation gap between 4 and 6 as well. We all know Sakurai cares about that sort of stuff.

Of course, this one seems like a no-brainer. EVERYONE has been clamoring for a certain purple dragon and I think it's time that Masahiro Sakurai honors those requests. That's right. Spyro the Dragon! Spyro was arguably the face of 3D platformers back in the day. Along with Crash Bandicoot, he had a series of 3 quality games on the PlayStation 1. But with all this talk of PlayStation and Sony, where does Nintendo fall into this? Well, he has quite a resume. 14 games on Nintendo consoles, ranging from the GameCube to the Wii U. Although he unfortunately hasn't starred in a quality game in quite some time, I bet he's ready to step in the spotlight again to take on Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic and Mega Man. Truly necrophiliac stuff if Sakurai does this. *** Activision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom