• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who complements mewtwo

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Basically i don't really play m2 seriously..but i have a friend who mains him..he's getting a little behind because m2 well he sucks..and honestly vs top tier has no chance in hell unless you're taj.

anyways, i'm looking for advice on two things...people who complement m2's bad matchups? preferably in top 3 tiers.

and also, who is easy to learn for someone who plays m2..who do you think has similar styles? because i'm trying to get him to learn some other char but he's resistant..he's sorta picking up zelda a little..gah why couldn't it be sheik.

anyways, i'm a top tier ***** so i don't really know what advice to give him except for the best advice ever...ie don't play anyone except falco fox sheik and marth

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
But like all of Mewtwo's matchups are bad...

I'd say Sheik plays... kinda similar to Mewtwo. Or Marth, for the spacing training.

Smasher87

Smash Rookie
Idrk any characters who compliment Mewtwo all that well but I might be able to help with your second question. If he want's to get better with Mewtwo I say just play with Mewtwo. It's the only way to get used to his awkward playing style. However I do recomend he uses Bowser or Ganondorf for a time when he practices L-Canceling becuase, if he was anything like me, you can't see if you do it right becuase there's nothing that noticable. Bowser isn't like that, not at all.

Hope this helps

quak

Smash Champion
well, if ur talking about doubles, i have no idea

but i would suggest him to instead of trying to pick up someone similar, seeing how there aren't any similar characters to mewtwo, to try and pick up someone completely differant

i would suggest c.falcon, he's really fun, and has alot of potential

once you learn to moonwalk, oh man, so much fun

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Ok, he's asking 1) Which other character will cover M2's bad matchups (basically everything higher than low tier)
and 2) who has similar playing styles as M2...

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I guess someone like Ness or Peach could help compliment Mewtwo but it depends on your friend. No one has a style like Mewtwo, because Ness is rushdown like and Peach relies on high priority attacks and Mewtwo doesn't have any of that.

Personally I play with around half the cast, including Mewtwo. Others may get more success with using Mewtwo and one other character (I say this because no one is going to survive using Mewtwo only for long. Mookie started using Marth, Taj uses Fox, and Mow I have no clue)

quak

Smash Champion
oh okay, not doubles

um, yeah, pick some one high to top tier, as mewtwo's matchups are all at best 'even'

the end

Top Bottom