• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Who can't go because of school?

Fyrelore

Smash Rookie
I could probably go, New Jersey ain't too far. Only have one class that Friday, just gotta hope there's no tests! Knowing my professor there probably will be -.-

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would... skip? it's a once a year event lol

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I would... skip? it's a once a year event lol
If I could I would. However I do not have a car (hell I live in NY i can't drive on my own without some adult in the car lol) and I know no one who'd be willing to drive me.

Also I don't make the rules unfortunately... Parent struggle is real

PerryGriffith

Smash Rookie
I would have to skip school and have to endure a pretty long car ride. I have some friends who I am sure would be willing to go, but unfortunately I can't afford to miss a day of AP Econ or calc... too many notes.

Fyrelore

Smash Rookie
I would have to skip school and have to endure a pretty long car ride. I have some friends who I am sure would be willing to go, but unfortunately I can't afford to miss a day of AP Econ or calc... too many notes.
Oooh, yea, don't skip an AP class. Had strep throat once and had to miss an AP class, missed soooo much. If it wasn't for the risk of getting others sick, I would've just gone to class instead of staying in bed.

Tony Montana

Smash Rookie
If I could I would. However I do not have a car (hell I live in NY i can't drive on my own without some adult in the car lol) and I know no one who'd be willing to drive me.

Hi-jack a car and go to it, it is worth getting in trouble for I bet you.

Thor

Smash Champion
College in another state. I think Apex technically occurs while on break but I don't have funds (and live in the Midwest) so sort of?? If I had gone to college in NJ though, I'd have made time to go, but as is I probably can't.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I consider that no matter how much you lose in one class, you can't really be missing out that much, can you? I mean, how long does the class last? And the Apex is an event that's totally worthy of missing out a few classes which you can somehow (although hard) recover. Exams are a bigger problem, but I'm sure that if you talk to your professor about wanting to miss a day of school for an event, you guys can come to a deal.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Just go after school. You'd probably only miss a few pools matches for maybe two titles. I don't know what the schedule's gonna be like but it'd definitely be worth seeing the rest of it in person.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Aye, thats me, can't go because of school, I will probably watch the post stream stuff when posted

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My college has a winter session coming up and I need to take two classes during it in order to complete my transfer units. This semester takes place from January to Febuary which falls into Apex. I e-mailed my professors just about last week and notified them that I'll be out for 4 class days. I told them that I would meet any arraignments they had in order to cover for those missing days. Both of them e-mailed me back the same day and told me it was fine and that we would work something out when the semester started.

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
lel AP classes... Go to IB and then we can talk!

I don't know how it works for you but I can simply go to my school website, log in and call in sick. Don't you have some kind of system like this? Sure, it might seem a bit idiotic to abuse the system but unless you do it like every week it should be fine.

CupofT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3738-0810-2101
Schedule isn't out yet. No idea if I will have early midterms. Could be my first major if school's not bad.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Even if there was no school that day I still couldn't go, live to far away.

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
Unfortunately, New Jersey's a long ways away, and I'd have to deal with my parents to go, which ain't happening.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to have enough fun for both tournaments at next year's Evo.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I have school that day too! I probably wouldn't miss that much since I have no AP classes (still a freshman, you can't have them first year), but my parents wouldn't let me skip.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I can't go because I live on a different continent... :(
Well I feel you but that doesn't exactly have anything to do with the way they scheduled it...

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
work is the problem for me.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I can't go because money.

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
Both my friend and I have 4-5 AP classes in our daily schedule but we both are going to make the commitment to miss school and go to Apex. As ignorant of a decision as it is we decided that the this kind of event will only happen once a year and this very well may be the only time we would get to watch, play and meet professional players. Not to mention it could be one of the only times to publicly spend time with a community thats full of pretty cool people that share the same interests. I would urge anyone to at least try to figure out a a way to go. A week or so of stressful catching up in school is way better than a years worth of missed opportunity and experience.

S0 B00sted

Smash Cadet
Premium
I don't have the funds to attend. But if I did have the funds to attend, I still couldn't because I have class (though I would probably just skip).

IsaiahC1999

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kingdomhearts156
Well sorry I can't go because of how far away it is(I live in Arizona)and funds and I got AP Clssses (can't miss them)but question will there be a stream of it?

Last edited:

CASHMONEYDOLLABILLS

Smash Cadet

Tell your parents you are a freeloader and that video games are the only important aspect of life. Then promptly find/steal the nearest bike and bike to the tournament. This is sound advice, I promise you.
Well sorry I can't go because of how far away it is(I live in Arizona)and funds and I got AP Clssses (can't miss them)but question will there be a stream of it?
it's apex so yeah of course

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I need money, I'm too far away (Ohio) and I can't drive and my parents aren't driving me...CURSE MY AGE OF 12!!!!!!

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
Ok... Apex 2015 starts in Janurary 31st~ Feburary 1st.
and my school winter break ends in January 15th.
And I'm living Outside of USA.

+ What time does Apex starts. I need to watch even during the Bio, Eng and Alg2 class. :p

Last edited:

fizzleDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
fizzleDX
3DS FC
4141-4080-3072
I'm in MD and my dad is letting me go, even thought I'll have to miss school that Friday. And I'll probably be so freaking tired on that Monday.

TheFuture

Smash Rookie
LOL just checked my middle school schedule and i have professional development day on friday!

Oldbag

Smash Cadet
As much as I can miss a day, I'm sure my parents wouldn't let me play video games instead of go to school lmao

Top Bottom