• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can Star KO in Target Smash?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Here is a fun little challenge I used to propose back in the Smash 64 days:

Which characters can you Star KO in Break the Targets level 1? Then try in levels 2, 3, 4, and 5 to see who can also self-KO by the same means. Basically you must KO your character off the top of the screen within the 2 minute limit that you would normally have in Classic mode. You can go directly there via Stadium if you prefer, but you must abide by the 2 minute rule, and you are not allowed to use a 2nd character. Otherwise, this would be way too easy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its impossible to kill yourself off the top. You can go above the blaztzone willingingly cause the games thinks you as recovering. If you are hit though then you die instantly.

Probably the only person who can do it is Snake, Link would take too long.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Incorrect. Many can.

^

Actually, a bunch of characters can do this. Certain levels lend themselves well do so. Try it; you may be surprised at just how many can.

Edit: As a hint, look around in the levels. Some have great tools to assist in your attempts. Weird stuff happens at the top of some of them....

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Level 1: Land on top of that huge wall on the left

Level 2: Use the Smart Bomb on yourself at the top of the level

Level 3: Smart Bomb again

Level 4: Land on top of the roof

Level 5: Land on the spikes with enough damage and good DI

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Very good start

^

Yep, you are on the right track. Now the trick is determining which characters are capable per level. Some levels will have vastly more capable than others.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Answers to come

If nobody posts soon, I'll reveal my answers. I'll just say I'm 100% confident about two of the stages, but one stage in particular is still a work in progress.

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
>.> I would have never thought to try this ...

Sounds like fun though! Guess I may as well start working on compliling a list ...

Thnx for the idea ;D

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sorry for the delay

I have been away long enough that I nearly forgot I created this thread. Sorry about that. Anyway to partially reveal some of the answers, everyone can star KO in levels 2 and 3, thanks to the smart bomb. Additionally via a glitch on level 2, Pikachu and Sonic can Up+B into the poison mushroom while carrying the deku nut for yet another hilarious method. I saved some replays using this very method if anyone is interested.

On all stages, Wario can star KO just barely within the 2 minute mark on all stages by charging his Down+B obviously. On the other end of the spectrum, Jigglypuff can star KO the fastest of all characters on all stages merely by breaking her shield. Snake, Link, and Toon Link can easily bomb themselves enough to star KO on all stages as well. Peach theoretically could as well if she pulls up a bob-omb, but I have not yet been able to confirm this.

On level 1, try to see how many characters you can get on top of the tall wall on the left. It's tricky with some, but you may be surprised at who can do this. There are at least a few more capable in addition to the ones mentioned previously.

On level 4, try to get on top of the ice. All the characters that could star KO in level 1 can do so in level 4, plus several others.

On level 5, it seems like all characters should be able to in theory by using a comination of the spikes and the cracker launcher (as strange as that sounds.) Unfortunately I have only been able to confirm it with so many characters.

D

Deleted member

I know Jigglypuff can. Just let the shield break and she'll fly past the top

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
It's easy to do in level 2 and 3. Just use a smart bomb when you're close to the top blast line. Snake, Jigglypuff, Link and Toon Link can do this with no problems. Snake can Star K.O his temmate in co-op with no trouble.

Top Bottom