• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can Sheik chaingrab?

rty1001

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to pick up Sheik as a secondary, as long with Dr.Mario, wondering who Sheik can chaingrab since I see it as one of her big points.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
She can chaingrab these characters also Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Link, Ness, and Sheik

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Also, you can tech chase Fox Falco and Falcon and chaingrab them at higher percents (but that's mostly useless)

So that only leaves Marth, Peach, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Samus, Luigi, Mario, Zelda, Mewtwo, and Kirby as unchaingrabable. You can even regrab a few of the aforementioned characters if they have bad DI.

rty1001

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the helpful replies, and yeah after watching some Sheik plays it's a bit harder to do a successful chaingrab on fox and falco, if not impossible to a CG constantly on them.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the helpful replies, and yeah after watching some Sheik plays it's a bit harder to do a successful chaingrab on fox and falco, if not impossible to a CG constantly on them.
Do you mean techchase? Chaingrab is when they have no way out, techchase is trying to regrab after their tech or lack of tech.

Raize

Smash Cadet
You can chaingrab spacies at after 100% although it's basically useless to do so

Also, why is it necessary for spacies to tech after being down throwed? Can't they just do getup attack?

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
You can chaingrab spacies at after 100% although it's basically useless to do so

Also, why is it necessary for spacies to tech after being down throwed? Can't they just do getup attack?
Lack of tech can be punished in a variety of ways (I like using upsmash to fair) that can lead to death if the sheik has a good punish game. Or the sheik can even just shield grab the getup attack.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Please try to go through all stickied threads before making new posts. It helps keep the boards clean, and I promise you will find more information you didn't even know you needed than you will asking questions as they come up. Good luck!

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I chain grabbed foxes all the time with upthrow same thing as down throw but up and more limited
I tried it out in the lab and I wasn't getting anything close to a chain. The DI was too stronk and the end lag prevented a follow up.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to chaingrab Marth at low percents? I've done it to multiple Marths in tournament but I think it was just bad DI.
Only until like 20%. But after that, you have a free followup with any aerial, and that lasts until long after they should be dead.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
She can chaingrab these characters also Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Link, Ness, and Sheik
-Yoshi
Yoshi can DJC nair out after just one grav from 0 as amsa demonstrated to m2k

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
The anti-Yoshi chaingrab takes specific knowledge but does work until like 27%

The Pikachu and probably Pichu chaingrabs are super hard on ambiguous DI too

I don't know anything about G&W, YL, Ness, or Roy, but I bet at least one of those chaingrabs isn't real

Top Bottom