• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your mains so far... how do you feel about the characters?

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
I'm definitely maining metaknight. I like a lot of the characters but he's always been one of my favorite video game characters, on top of the fact that he may be the best 1v1 character in the game, IMO. He's just amazing.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who really really can't decide. I literally like playing as about 15 different characters, I'm going crazy seeing who I'm best at, especially when Wi-Fi isn't so swell yet.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lucas and Toon Link as I planned.

Characters are so far great. The worst characters in this game are definitely Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, though, sadly.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Man, i love the variety in this thread!!
I still can't call anyone a "main" this early, but man ROB is just way too fun to play as! ALL his moves are good. Every single one has a use. His Tilts have insane reach and are really fast, his Fsmash is way too quick for how strong it is, his Dsmash is insane for rolling behind and punishing, All his airs are good, fair for WoPs, bair and nair for KOs and uair for racking damage! His recovery is insane if done right, his gyro kills very well, his neutral B is awesome for way off the stage edgeguarding and his side b racks damage and reflects projectiles!! Oh, and did I forget to mention he is heavy as hell too? EVERYTHING ABOUT ROB OWNS!!

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Man I have a lot...

Lucas just feels awesome in general. Game & Watch is a lot better than in Melee, which is good(No I didn't just wait till Brawl I mained G&W in Melee too.) Pikachu and R.O.B. both feel pretty good too. R.O.B. was really easy to get the hang of. Did I get everybody? I think sooo...

Ichida

Smash Ace
After clearing the entire final maze of the SSE with nobody but Peach, I'm seriously considering this mistress of aerial combat for my main. :p

CM90

Smash Rookie
My mains so far are Dedede, Captain Falcon, and Olimar. Lucario is fun to play on the side.

I used to be a Link junkie, but I decided to try something different with Brawl.

MariosInferno

Smash Rookie
Hey guys..new here....

Olimar has been it for me so far. He's been a challenge and I'd love to master him...I see tons of upside for anyone that gets a good handle on him.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Same guys I picked before I had the game:

Diddy/Luigi/Wolf/Sonic/Olimar are my main characters.

Other new characters I tried and enjoyed:

Toon Link/Wario/Pit.

schmete

Smash Rookie
G&W got a tremendous upgrade, which places him with some of the best. Also, Sonic is a pretty big threat if the person controlling him can handle the ridiculous speed. Lucas is my main, but I wouldn't say he's the best (but he's far from the worst).

For the lower list, I'd say Diddy Kong is pretty bad. He has an awful UpB and he really isn't too strong. Oh, and his Final Smash is a total waste.

This is all IMO, not fact.

Now to Snake. Snake I'd say is somewhere in the middle. He may seem terrible to someone who is used to the traditional way of smashing. Snake is all about setting traps, not beating the buhjeezuhs put of your opponent (but he's pretty capable of doing that too).

StephDaSquirtle

Smash Rookie
Squirtle may be small....but it can REALLY throw people in the air...
And it is also good for hitting people in-air and it's VERY quick....and can jump high.....and is cute.....

lol

Point is
I use Squirtle..

Either him or like....Yoshi...Olimar....Wario is pretty good too

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the heavyweights (3D, Ike, G-dorf, Snake) and the ICs, which I think are better than in melee

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I've been having trouble deciding who I really want my main to be, but so far I really like Luigi and Snake.

DogsWithJobs

Smash Rookie
So far it seems like it will be Pit, I love his variety of moves(reflect, shoot, slash, fly) but I also really like zero suit samus since she is quick and has decent range on her smashes. I also surprisingly enjoy wario, not just because he is funny to watch but because his moves feel pretty good to me, although his down smash goes for a little too long imo. I mained peach in melee but she is just too different now for my tastes, guess I am doomed to change mains each new smash to come out, first kirby then peach.

Mexican Brawler

Smash Cadet
Olimar, Peach, Squirtle a DK.... a think or i feel that Dk is better in Brawl than in Melee is faster i think... i dont know, i just like him... but and dont unlock Jiggly, Toon Link and Wolf.... so i think i need to wait a little, cause i want to main Wolf

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I am loving all the characters! The gams is much more balanced then before, which is awesome. Me and all of my friends all play as different characters, and some characters I play as feel really good even if I don't play as them. So far, I like playing as GW, Snake, Lucas, and Ike (in that order). I have a friend who mostly likes PT, my brother likes R.O.B. the most, one friend who plays pikachu, and another friend likes pit. All of the characters, except C.Falcon, DK, and Yoshi, are all contenders. I'm really satisfied with the game so far, lightyears better then melee.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
Right now I'm still using Peach and Pikachu, my mains from Melee and N64 respectively. I'm still adjusting to Peach's changes, but I'm already doing well against my friends online, so I'm happy, and I'm definately doing better with Pikachu than in Melee, he seems to be better now, if only I could get better at controlling his final smash. I still need to play around with the new characters to see who I'm best with. I have a few candidates after finishing SSE, but no clear winner yet.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
After putting around 60 hours into it, I think I've got my main(s). I really love playing as Lucas, he's really fun to use. And when I want to dominate, I use Toon Link. I think I have 2 mains as of now.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
After putting around 60 hours into it, I think I've got my main(s). I really love playing as Lucas, he's really fun to use. And when I want to dominate, I use Toon Link. I think I have 2 mains as of now.
Freaky. I play the same two characters. I like those two the most, but I really enjoy playing as pretty much all the characters now. They all seem so equally cool :chuckle:.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Other than Dedede I'm not really sure. I like a lot of the characters in this game. Dedede is definitely my main man though.

I've played a Samus alt ever since SSB64 so that probably won't change.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
umm..

Mains: Marth/Luigi
Secondaries: Sheik/Pikachu/Metaknight

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Ike for heavyweight, Lucario for a fast character, and Wolf for how cool he is :3

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
Luigi/Sonic...although it might change...Luigi moveset doesn't knockback as much as melee so it might be easier to string attacks...sonic is speedy and his aerials are pretty good just kinda hard to control on the ground

Flake

Smash Cadet
currently i'm sticking with meta knight and pit
i can't play often, i haven't got falco yet, who i used in melee, i don't know how he plays in brawl
half the characters i haven't even tried yet =|

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
wow, OP says hes played link since 64 and melee.. you must have not even been semi-decent if you think hes been nerfed in brawl. The only people crying that link was nerfed are the Ub spammers, i wont say noob up b spammers since proffesionals sometimes use up b... but the HUGE majority of up b spammers are noobs....

Main: My main from melee, Zelda, love what they did to her in Brawl, I wanted to do the rack up dmg with sheik n switch to zelda for the kill, but I think zelda racks up dmg pretty good by herself :psycho: and i don't like sheiks playstyle ( i was a shiek main in melee when i was going up against fox or something :p )

2ndarys: Link, looks much better in Brawl, despite what the noobs say, Snake, too awsome

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I originally mained Falco and Fox in Melee. I used marth as a second. Now, I dislike both Fox and Falco. Fox is just to weak, to light, and his reflector just isn't as useful as it was in melee. At least in my opinion, that is.

Marth, he is my go to guy right now. He is still relatively unchanged. I might use wolf as a second though. But only time will tell...

I could end up maining PT years later.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Luigi, Marth, Wolf and Sonic.

Sonic is a lot better than I expected. And Wolf is a really good character that fits my fighting style.

=S-A=

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda, although she's hell to play with online. The lag makes a lot of her moves almost useless. Most of her moves need tire timing to pull off, and a lot of the time I can't pull them off because Of the lag.

Regardless, i still love playing as her, and I have no problem with her out of online xD

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Ike - This character has a magnificent feel for me. I enjoy using him and may take him to tournament level, he screams awesome and fits my style of playing.

Diddy Kong - Who I originally planned on maining, I still use him very frequently and he'll definitely remain a submain.

King Dedede - A whole lot better than I'd originally thought. A heavyweight with multiple jumps was enough to convince me to play him before I tried out the game, and now that I've played, I like him even more.

Race

Smash Lord
Toon link and Lucas

I was a great fan of ness in the 1st and 2nd smash, but since they toned him down for melee I couldn't really fully enjoy him, but I loved his play style. Lucas fixes a bunch of his problems I think and also puts a diffrent twist to ness-like gameplay.

For toon link, I was a link main back in melee so I tried to pick him up again. while link has changed to be a little better (My opinion) I like what too link brings to the table, he's not like young link but has qualitys of the older link plus some marth-like aerials. to me thats just great

Rampage

vx
Falco- my best character imo. I use him for most match ups seeing as I have the most control over him
Fox - Just a side character atm for me. I want to use him more but all I end up doing is Drill -> Utilt/shine
Sonic - My second best I think. I've found ways to cut lag off some of his air attacks so that's always fun.

5ive Star General

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong
Wolf

Im OK with Snake as well... but I REALLY like Diddy and Wolf and im pretty darn good with them both (especially with Wolf, i need to learn how to incorporate the bananas with Diddy

Im also pretty good with Squirtle, but I have yet to do any good with the other two Pokemon so untill I get better with all three I would not consider him a main

My main will probably be the character that is least used by others (out of the ones I just listed). I hate using the same character that everyone else uses.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
So far Pikachu is still my best character. I love everything about the guy, especially how they increased the killing power of so many of his moves. But I still can't get his final smash to cooperate with me :(

Mario seems like he's a little bit improved from Melee, but I've been ignoring his FLUDD because it seems pretty ineffective.

I'm really liking Ike as well, and his final smash is awesome. I could see myself getting really good with Ike.

Same for Pokemon Trainer. I really love Ivysaur, and Squirtle isn't bad, but I have to practice with Charizard. I also don't like how you start the battle with a random pokemon.

Top Bottom