• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the other 3?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yes. Potential for another trainer? Who knows.

He could use a flying type to get on the stage or something if he had the other 3 or so.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
But the three starters are the essentials. They represent the Pokemon Trainer best, because no matter what, EVERY player of Blue/Red/Fire Red/Leaf Green had one of them.

There isn't really a democratic way of picking the other three, since none of the other pokemon are as specific to PT as the three we've seen.

EDIT: That said, I could very easily envision him hopping on a pidgeotto/pidgeot to either enter the stage or fly around on a moving stage in the background. I don't see anything odd about him only having three pokemon in total with him though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
But the three starters are the essentials. They represent the Pokemon Trainer best, because no matter what, EVERY player of Blue/Red/Fire Red/Leaf Green had one of them.

There isn't really a democratic way of picking the other three, since none of the other pokemon are as specific to PT as the three we've seen.

EDIT: That said, I could very easily envision him hoping on a pidgeotto/pidgeot to either enter the stage or fly around on a moving stage in the background. I don't see anything odd about him only having three pokemon in total with him though.
True but Im just saying, what if he had another or a few that could help him? Like the flying pokemon gets him on the stage?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
True but Im just saying, what if he had another or a few that could help him? Like the flying pokemon gets him on the stage?
I see your point. But since there isn't really a quintessential flying pokemon that the trainer uses (I think many would say something in the Pidgey family due to how soon you're able to acquire one, but under that principle, every trainer should probably have a Ratatta too. . . .), it's not really possible to think of a flying pokemon that would work best. This wouldn't really end up being speculation, it would pretty much be people shouting out their favorite flying pokemon.

"Pidgeot, because you can get that one earliest!"

"No way! Aerodactyle should be his flying pokemon. It's badass!"

". . . ARTICUNOOOOOOOOO!!!"

There's just no real rhyme or reason to it. Plus, a flying pokemon has practical uses. What would the other two pokemon (presumably not also flying pokemon, since that would be redundant) be used for?

EDIT: Plus, technically, Charizard flies. >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you have played Pokemon Gold/ Silver you would know they are Pikachu, Snorlax and Eevee/ Espeon

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If you have played Pokemon Gold/ Silver you would know they are Pikachu, Snorlax and Eevee/ Espeon
Well, they are by the time 3 years have passed. I'm sure he had other pokemon in those slots before he caught them (though he could've caught the Pikachu pretty early on. Or, arguably, Pikachu could be Red's starter if we were to look at it from a Yellow stand point, but if that were the case, then the Red we see in Brawl should already have one. And I doubt he does for obvious reasons).

Besides, the Red we see in Gold/Silver has a Venasaur and a Blastoise. Technically, we could consider the Red we see in Brawl to be a younger version since those pokemon haven't evolved completely yet. So it's reasonable to think his other pokemon could and probably would be different now then they will be in the future.

Just to be nit-picky about it. . . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, they are by the time 3 years have passed. I'm sure he had other pokemon in those slots before he caught them (though he could've caught the Pikachu pretty early on).

Besides, the Red we see in Gold/Silver has a Venasaur and a Blastoise. Technically, we could consider the Red we see in Brawl to be a younger version since those pokemon haven't evolved completely yet. So it's reasonable to think his other pokemon could and probably would be different now then they will be in the future.

Just to be nit-picky about it. . . .
Yeah, I assumed it was younger Pokemon Trainer...

The Pikachu is probably from Yellow (I think it's suppose to represent) and that very well have been his starter.

Snorlax is easy to catch and eevee is just given to you. Nothing too hard to find

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yeah, I assumed it was younger Pokemon Trainer...

The Pikachu is probably from Yellow (I think it's suppose to represent) and that very well have been his starter.

Snorlax is easy to catch and eevee is just given to you. Nothing too hard to find
Eh, Snorlax is easy to catch, but going out of the way to get a Pokeflute is a little. . . well, out of the way. But with Eevee you have a point.

So I guess if there are three pokemon that make the most sense for PT given game history, they would be Snorlax, Pikachu and Eevee (doubt it would be an Espeon yet. Just 'cause I do).

Still, I don't see what function they'd serve. I guess he could just release Eevee once in a while throughout a battle and just watch it run around, but that sounds like poor battling on his part.

He could use a flying type to get on the stage or something if he had the other 3 or so.
Another trainer means six additional Pokémon...your logic doesn't work. Not only that, but the idea of a second Pokémon Trainer is a terrible one.

And this thread is utterly pointless.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I bet the PT's entrance will be him Flying onto the stage, but it'll just be the silhouette of a bird Pokemon, like in the more recent Pokemon games. Then he'll throw the pokeball out and Squirtle will pop out.

I wonder if you can do a Sheik-like button press thing to choose which pokemon you wish to start the match with...

I bet the PT's entrance will be him Flying onto the stage, but it'll just be the silhouette of a bird Pokemon, like in the more recent Pokemon games. Then he'll throw the pokeball out and Squirtle will pop out.
I don't know. The entrances are very quick. My guess is that the Pokémon Trainer will already be in position, and he'll toss out Squirtle. Squirtle is the actual player, so it's his/its entrance.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I think the other three are his traveling Pokemon, by which I mean they help PKMN Trainer move alongside the Pokemon.

Like so:

PT at Rumble Falls would most likely be riding a Pidgeot, or another larger flying Pokemon, because of the rising stage.

Or for the Ice Climber's stage, he may have a Lapras for the sea area.

And for the last...

Maybe for Lylat Cruise, he could be atop a Porygon.

How would Pokemon Trainer survive in space?

He'd be wearing an Olimar helmet.

DECONFIRM'D!!!

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. The entrances are very quick. My guess is that the Pokémon Trainer will already be in position, and he'll toss out Squirtle. Squirtle is the actual player, so it's his/its entrance.
Well he's got like 3 seconds, right? The Flying part would be very quick, just like in the games. He could even throw the ball as he's falling to the ground, to save time. Then the pokeball opens and the pokemon does a little roar or something, and that's the entrance.

I think there's enough time for that.

And for the last...

Maybe for Lylat Cruise, he could be atop a Porygon.

How would Pokemon Trainer survive in space?

He'd be wearing an Olimar helmet.

DECONFIRM'D!!!
Wait what? Logically, Samus should be the only one surviving that stage, but that never stopped any of the other characters.

Well he's got like 3 seconds, right? The Flying part would be very quick, just like in the games. He could even throw the ball as he's falling to the ground, to save time. Then the pokeball opens and the pokemon does a little roar or something, and that's the entrance.

I think there's enough time for that.
Yea, I could see it going either way. The flying Pokémon idea sounds impressive.

And as for the whole topic that this useless thread was based on... Apparently someone forgot that six Pokémon is the limit, but not the minimum. The Pokémon Trainer can carry only three Pokémon if he **** well pleases.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Butterfree was pretty popular with Ash Ketchum, but I guess PT isn't supposed to represent Ash exactly...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the Pokemon Trainer is just a generic trainer with a lot of Red's physical appearances in him. I don't think there are 3 other Pokemon. He only carries Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard for the sake of being in Brawl.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Butterfree was pretty popular with Ash Ketchum, but I guess PT isn't supposed to represent Ash exactly...
Your ways are bad and you should feel bad. Do not compare Red to Ash.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I declare the other three pokemon are...Jigglypuff(DECONFIRMED) Mewtwo (DECOMFIRMED) and...Ganandorf (DECONFIRMED)...they never stood a chance...

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
You know the game won't think that far into it, and make him 'magically' alive in space, especially in Norfair when the lava comes...the pokemon will get potential of KOed but not the trainer, he has the sphere of protection around him..

there isn't other 3, he's a trainer who wishes he could have gotten 3 more but realized the starters were good enough and traded a Snorlax, Bonsly, and Mew lets say to ensure he had the starters and just trains them for his farm in Peru

Top Bottom