• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the best PM Ice Climbers?

Drugfreechu

Smash Rookie
Hylian is probably the best Ice Climbers as of now, even though he doesn't main them ;)

Other than him, there is Chu Dat (who really never uses them) and Nintendude also used them at some point...

What other Ice Climbers could qualify for maybe top five ICs?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
No one plays them right now and the few that do and or did, are not good.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I main IC's atm. I got 5th at my last tournament only winning matches with IC's.
Who are the notable players you beat? Who beat you? How many people came out and where the videos? Haven't seen you posting any videos, here or the top player thread.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who are the notable players you beat? Who beat you? How many people came out and where the videos? Haven't seen you posting any videos, here or the top player thread.
IIRC I got double eliminated by darkatma, don't remember who I beat lol. I don't post videos because it will be pointless until 3.5 as I'm not taking 3.02 seriously with IC's. This was the first tournament I went all ICs at just to see how I would do. I guess here are some random videos from two tournaments ago if you want to see some gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca_0bHBuljU&t=3m37s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbrSsZoreKQ&t=4m6s

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I know about dark, but if you don't remember who you beat and things of the like, I can't say you getting 5th is really a big deal. Not trying to bash the placing... Those videos >_> those players seemed weak to me..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know about dark, but if you don't remember who you beat and things of the like, I can't say you getting 5th is really a big deal. Not trying to bash the placing... Those videos >_> those players seemed weak to me..
I'm not trying to claim anything though, just saying I'm playing IC's a lot now since you said no one was playing them. I agree, the players were weak which is why I don't go around posting the videos without being prompted. I do beat good players but it rarely gets recorded or people just don't know who those players are. I'm not worried about it till 3.5 when I actually plan on attending tournaments more consistently again.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Yea, you seem to have missed the part where I said, "the few." As in a small amount of people play them.

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
I think that Drugfreechu is one of the best Ice Climber Players out there. From what I've seen, he's the most consistent in his play, he places fairly well everywhere he goes, and he's overall just a cool dude.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I have no idea who Drugfreechu is or where he's from, but to my knowledge the best IC players in 3.02 are Hylian (MO) and Fumbles (OH).

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
I've seen both of them and they really are phenomenal players. Drugfreechu is from IL. He is really good. He was at my weekly and bodied people with IC's. He's also a friend of mine.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've seen both of them and they really are phenomenal players. Drugfreechu is from IL. He is really good. He was at my weekly and bodied people with IC's. He's also a friend of mine.
Drugfreechu is pretty good yeah. He was actually at a tournament I went to recently, he lost to metroid in winners and then lost to my roommate in losers(both of which have tons of IC experience from me lol).

Ya Boy GP

Smash Apprentice
I honestly have pretty decent ICs, it's just that I enjoy winning so I don't play them in tournament as of now. Maybe in 3.5 I'll look at them a bit more seriously. I'm in the same boat as Hylian in that I don't have any footage of me beating anyone good with my ICs, but I have done it. I played ICs one set on stream but it never got uploaded to youtube and got lost in the twitch archives so I can't prove anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom