• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who actually plays as Ice Climbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I love the ice climbers, I main them I after i use jigglypuff and pichu, there are really strong and quite interesting and diffrent. I also know something that I'm not sure any one else does, there side special can be used as a recovery move. If you press B repetively really fast they go up like a helicopter, They get real hight when done with both, but when alone it is a very good replacement than the dodge recovery as it goes, far. With that they are proabably one of the best.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Man i had a whole different perspective on ice climbers..i thought they were the one of the most corny characters on melee..thought they were horrible..and i didnt even want them to be in brawl..until i saw the videos they have posted of some dude called Chudat or watever playin with them..omg dude..my whole idea of the ice climbers changed after the day i saw them videos..im so glad they are in brawl now..cant wait to play as them..as for melee i play as them more tryin to master them lol cause they are seriously fun to play as!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^^^^^

I also underestimated the climbers at first! When I actually picked them and was surprised to see that almost all of their attacks had strong knockback, and were powerful!

But what really sparked my interest in maining them was Chudat. :D Honestly, that guy IS the inspiration to every aspiring Ice Climbers user. ^_^

I have som L-Canceling deadly combos, some desyncing skills. But the inescapable chaingrab is something I have not yet achieved... But really... they are a LOT of fun to use. XD

Don't you just love it when your opponent grabs Nana instead of you? Or when he completely ignores Nana and tries to get YOU and then Nana smash attacks him in the back, and he goes like "That b*tch!"

lol XD it's priceless.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I play as Ice Climbers. They were hard to keep track, and it was difficult to keep them together. But, that sense of difficulty is what makes me enjoy using them.

They're my mains along with Pikachu and Link.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers are one of the main characters I play. I did think they sucked before I learned to desync and add advanced techniques along with my game. After improving technically, its all about molding your approaches and play to different situations, which is what I'm working on.

A lot more people main them than you think.

prinnykurtis

Smash Rookie
I've main the ics from the beginning. They're a good counter pick against fox and falco. And yea its a great feeling when you beat someone who first thinks the ics suck. In fact I've used to get me friend upset every time i beat him, because he still refused to believe that the ics were good.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
I've main the ics from the beginning. They're a good counter pick against fox and falco. And yea its a great feeling when you beat someone who first thinks the ics suck. In fact I've used to get me friend upset every time i beat him, because he still refused to believe that the ics were good.
So True...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Today I won another round in the local "final" SSBM tournament.

Moving up from round 2, to round 3 now, which will take place sometime next week probably...

This time I defeated a Mario user.. Not too shabby, but he spammed the cape a whole lot... (not THAT useful against IC if you ask me)

Anyway... I guess that's another victory for the IC mainers? :)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I actually main ICs. I was so relieved when they got their confirmation, like, I was more excited about seeing them as a veteran than seeing sonic and dedede combined.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I laughed at the people who thought they'd be out, and at the people who thought their update was the worst.

I posted "In your face!" at least a good 20 times before I was satisfied. (I actually rubbed it in everyone's faces. Strangely enough, I didn't act the same way when Sonic was confirmed. :p )

Jerichi

Smash Rookie
I've mained as these two great characters since the day I played the demo at Comp USA.

While I'm not one to use Advanced Techniques since I'm not enough of a gamer for Tourneys, I do like everything else that the ICs offer the casual gamer, like a new and refreshing playing style and a good balance of power and speed, along with the additional trick or six.

Not sure why there's so much hatin'. I guess it's because everyone's still so caught up on Fox and Sheik that they can't stop for 2 seconds to consider other characters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. This shouldn't be in the BRawl IC room.

2. This really shoudn't even be in the normal IC room. Take a look there, see who posts there, that's who plays as IC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom