• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who actually mains Kirby?

Dodger

Smash Ace
I main Kirby. And I don't even have any secondaries. I used to second as Falcon, but lack of practice has rendered my falcon utterly worthless. Of course, I'm not that good with Kirby either, but he's by far my best char.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I main Kirby. I picked him up because he was a really fun guy and initially as a joke character but I stuck to him because he was fun.

i never thought i'd ever see people that mained kirby. wow. that utterly shocks me. Just a quick question, who is kirby's worst matchup? i'd have to say falco or marth. juggle him!
I'd say a smart Fox is Kirby's worst matchup, but that's probably because that's what gives me the most problems.

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Yes I think marth was the reason I put kriby as my secondary but when I play Woz's fox I cry

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Marth. I can deal with Fox, but even a Marth that's worse than I am annoys me at times. His range is too much.
Range for me isn't a problem, as Kirby (surprisingly) isn't too low on range himself; it may not be Marth's range, but it still has its qualities. The range is beatable.

But what is the use of range when every single one of your moves gets out-prioritized by Fox? It's actually still useful when done right, but it's still annoying.

foxmccloud233

Smash Cadet
i liked kirby in the original N64 then i tried in SSMB didnt realli like him he was too slow for me i guess and his B down wasnt as good or all my friends were juss better now i main as fox and kirby can b prolly good if u master it

Impp

Smash Ace
I main Kirby. Despite his weaknesses I think he's capable... Except against a good Marth, or even a Roy... I just don't know what to do against them, so I switch to Young Link for those matches.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I main Kirby. Despite his weaknesses I think he's capable... Except against a good Marth, or even a Roy... I just don't know what to do against them, so I switch to Young Link for those matches.
Note: Marth is not a bad match-up for Kirby. It's not a great match-up, but it's not a terrible one, either.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
"Not I" said Shade. Kirby was at his prime in Smash 64. In Melee, he's lost his "mojo" for some reason if ya know what I'm sayin.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
i main kirby :D

but when kirby is ones main, a few backups is only natural :p
and you need to have some realy good auto-ownage chars to back him up with. thats why i also play bowser and pichu as well.

crazy norwegians, mehehe.

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
I do pretty well with Kirby as my main but It's been my main since Smash 64 so I think i'm going to change for Meta-Knight when he arrives.

He's got not too bad wavedashing and some awesome crouching that a wizard's kick doesn't hit often. It's sad they made him pack less punch than he had in Smash 64. One question i've had for a long time is why are his back and front toss so easy to get out of while doing no more damage than the two others ? Anyway one thing I like is fast falling and air jumping a couple of times when getting back on stage so people who guard the edges can't even hit me. Swallo-cide is pretty fun especially if the enemy wants to get out at all costs (did you notice that if you spit the opponent you go down and he goes up but if he breaks the swallow HE goes down and propels you up so you dont even die ?)

Most of the time though I dont concentrate on winning. I just try stuff like "Oh i'm gonna juggle Samus no matter what !" So i'm not a brilliant player unless I work a bit on concentrating. It's less fun don't you think ?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I used to main only kirby but added Falco and Marth to use when im up against sword users, although usually only if the person using a sword user is really skilled. Their range makes it too dangerous to use kirby because he cant get through the defensive/offensive shield that is a sword.

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
Pink reaper said: Their range makes it too dangerous to use kirby because he cant get through the defensive/offensive shield that is a sword.
In fact if you want to get through the sword you have many choices unless your goal is to absolutely never take the risk of possibly getting a single damage of your life. Yeah it CAN be dangerous to approach but if you study the swordsme closely you may see that they tend to hit slower because of the instrument. Besides, swallowing is a good alternative if you want to approach the less as possible ( you could also use final cutter). As they hit slowly you can dodge to sneak behind while marth is trying his very time wasting smash and then smash him up. Once in the air a sword-wielding character will most likely have trouble while Kirby is very aerial. With practice you could juggle the easily. And if not enough well borrow the blade ! Your Kirby after all...

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
Of course but you can keep in mind that the tip of his blade is way stronger than the rest so if you stay real close to him you might manage to do something if you make taking some damage for the purpose of winning part of your strategy. You can also put the character in a situation where the best suitable attack for this situation is one you you is slow if you dodge it at the right time. Besides, Marth is relatively light (no pichu but no bowser either) and tends to pack not much punch in his attacks and still aerials are very weak (way weaker than Link's) and slow.

Top Bottom