• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whistle

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about taunts the other day, and I realized that Olimar's DownB would actually be better as a taunt. Kirby has a taunt that ties into his unique style of playing, why not Olimar? So what's the point of this thread? I don't know. Just a random thought to share. Although we could do things like debate which taunt the Whistle could replace, create a petition for SSB4 (please make another one, Sakurai!), or think up other moves that could have replaced his DownB if it were a taunt.

Did I just contradict myself?

Mistah Raze

Smash Rookie
A taunt doesn't have to be the 3 preset ones that are programmed into the game. Just look at Dedede's down animation. If you want to use it as a taunt, go ahead, but I think it may mess up the pikmin order if you have it in a specific one; while on the other hand, it could just rearrange your pikmin to the order you want.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I know that Olimar can still taunt without the need of using an "official" taunt. Heck, nunchucking someone and saying "You got gimped!" is much more effective. But it probably would be better for Olimar to get a slightly more useful (yes, I know that it is arguably one of his best attacks) DownB. If Kirby has his Cancel Ability taunt, why not Olimar with a whistle taunt?

But then again, Olimar is already very good of a character...besides recovery, and a new DownB may hurt his loyalty to his true self...what am I talking about....Ganondorf is nowhere near loyal to his self!

Awex

Smash Lord
ummm... Considering the Pikmin games, the whistle is pretty much necessary as part of Olimar's moveset. Regardless of effect or usefulness. They wouldn't just make it a taunt cause really; what else can you take from Pikmin for use in a FIGHTING game? o_O

Also.. Why would you ever need more taunts when you have down tilt?

OwL

Smash Cadet
Being able to call pikmin back only while being on ground?

ARE YOU INSANE? D:

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Being able to call pikmin back only while being on ground?

ARE YOU INSANE? D:
You have a point.
A very good point.
A point so pointy that it could go through a Staryu's eye...

Yes, I know Staryu doesn't have an eye...or so we think. It's called exagerration people.

Now this makes me think...why not have taunts that you can do in the air?...but that's a different thread.:psycho:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
itd b worth messing up ur pikmin for the taunt lol. just get all fire ones anyway and u wont hav that problem

Top Bottom