• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which wave 2 amiibos are rare?

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
So today I opened my presents, and opened a mail package. Inside, was Diddy Kong. I love my mom so much, and I saw while he isn't the rarest, he is kind of rare. I also got Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Samus (I only asked for a couple things, so "amiibo" was one of them.

Anyways, I heard Captain Falcon is the rarest right now, but I don't know about the rest. Which are the rare ones?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon and Little Mac seem to be rarest overall, but there's no way to tell if it's the same everywhere.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac seem to be the rarest this wave. Luigi and Zelda are pretty common and often in stock on most online retailers, and Diddy Kong's availability can fluctuate from location to location.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little Mac is the rarest over here in Ireland. Can't find him anywhere.

Second rarest is Kirby over here. Not too hard to get, but in a lot of places, they have to order him in and he takes a while. Still waiting on one.

Captain Falcon and Pit are also a little scarce compared to others, but it's actually not too bad.

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
Little Mac, Link and Zelda seem to be rare here in Puerto Rico. I got extremely lucky to even get Link for Christmas.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It seems to be directly related to the likelihood of a character appearing in another game.

The Punch-out!! series is the only Nintendo franchise I can think of that's outright ended, Sakurai has no plans to make a sequel to KI:U, and need I even say it about Captain Falcon?

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Captain Falcon and Pit from people I've talked to.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Captain Falcon was in stock on gamestop.com for a while today. He went down about an hour ago. I made sure to purchase one. Will update when he comes in the mail.

Globe

I only care for waifus
my local gamestop didn't even get the wave 2 ship to them lol. Looking online and in stores it seems to be Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Pit. I have a Zelda and ordered another one (keep in the packaging).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Captain Falcon was in stock on gamestop.com for a while today. He went down about an hour ago. I made sure to purchase one. Will update when he comes in the mail.
I got one too o:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Tip: Amiibos aren't region locked and look/function just like their other counterparts. So Amiibos are aplenty. Even WFT. Sure you will spend 10 bucks more... But that includes shipping.

The only reason to NOT want a non-native Amiibo is if you keep the box and Japanese letters rustle your jimmies. The figures have the same language as your game, and they all look the same. Minus seldom factory defects of course.

Lil Mac is currently the rarest. His Amiibo is of great quality and he is played a lot. I mean, who WOULDN'T want a heavily muscled boxing Italian on their shelf? I only have 4, tho.

Certain Amiibos like Zelda will be in high supply because she specifically unlocks stuff in Hyrule Warriors, so more are made/will be made just to be sure people get her... But nobody actually uses her in Sm4sh and her Amiibo quality is 7/10. Don't worry about her becoming rare. lol

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Really Rare: Little Mac, Pit, Falcon
Rare: Diddy Kong
Uncommon: Luigi
Common: Zelda

Literally every store I go to there's always a full shelf of Zelda amiibo lol.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Luigi - Common
Diddy Kong - Common
Zelda - Kinda rare
Captain Falcon - Rare
Little Mac - Rarest

Top Bottom