• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which video grabber should I buy?

Månadens_Konsult

Smash Rookie
I've been looking at different video grabbers but has no experience using one. What brand/model is the most preferred in the community?

ClassicPaul64

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0001-3414-9668
For my 3DS, I went with Katsukity. I'm not sure what type of capture device would work for the WiiU though, I'd imagine an ElGato or Black Magic would work best. :)

Månadens_Konsult

Smash Rookie
Yeah I meant capture card. I didn't know that "video grabber" was not a commonly used term. I remember one of my old Elgato devices was called "video grabber" so I thought it was a standard term.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Hope it is ok I piggy back on this thread... didn't seem like it was worth it to make a new one.

Friends and I do a video game get together frequently. We have casually talked about recording stuff and putting it on youtube. This is for our own benefit... the rest of the world can watch if they want but we aren't trying to get famous or make how to videos. (because we aren't good enough to be worth copying). Wanting to study our own tactics and see where improvements can be made.

We tried pointing a camera at the screen... which worked but also got our background noise... which we don't want uploaded to the world wide web.

I have experimented with different lighting and such on replays but the flicker of the screen gives me a headache when I go to edit them together. Other times the reflection of us and stuff in the room on the tv happened and I don't want to post that.

So... said all that to say sense we don't care about live streaming, can get by with 480p, etc... what is the cheapest thing we can buy to get the audi video off the system? I'd prefer not needing a computer I have a desktop, not a laptop... but that probably gets pricy and I could ask people to bring there stuff.

Top Bottom