• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is worse

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
temple is waay better than NPC the only thing NPC has is the music thats about it, the stage is just a wreck.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
New Pork FAILS. FAILS FAILS FAILS FAILS FAILS. FAILS. FA-you get the idea. I hate everything about it except the music. When I play there as Lucario, I have to keep a fully charged Aura Sphere on me at all times just so I can see where I am. The Chimera is easy to avoid, unless it spawns on top of you. Nevertheless it blocks off entire sections of the stage. People can survive Rest, Falcon Punch, Donkey Punch, Warlock Punch, and even Marth's Final Smash at 999% in the lower area. Temple was actually my favorite Melee stage and is one of my favorite Brawl stages.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Temple is better. New Pork City is so freakin confusing, and there is no Chimera on Temple that can cause near to a 1 hit KO...plus I just really liked Temple from Melee. New Pork City...just isn't fun for me.

Anciant2

Smash Cadet
NewPorkCity stinks, they probly ran out of ideas so just put a bunch of random platforms together and called it newporkcity.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
New Port City & 75m, you get freaking barrels constantly shooting across the stage and knocking you out and its a pain trying to avoid them whilst fighting.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
NPC doesnt even have decent terrain cover, and the music is horrible
definitely temple, its amazing what u can do with chars that can go off the top edge and still reach the bottom edge.

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
I like New Pork City and I love 75m! The pikmin stage is kinda boring so thats the worst stage in my opinion.

PKflashfreeze

Smash Rookie
New Pork City is worse. In Hyrule Temple, the camera zooms in closer if everyone's in the same area, so it's not so bad. The temple also has a better design.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can't believe anyone is arguing in favor of the Temple here. To start, both stages are unplayable, but New Pork City is relatively obviously much better. It has less long, relatively flat ground which makes running forever somewhat harder (though still definitely possible), and teching forever is far less of a concern. New Pork City also has better music (way more of it, much of it good whereas Temple has one good track and one bad one) and looks way cooler; it's a perfect recreation of New Pork City from Mother 3 whereas Temple is a random area vaguely in the spirit of a dungeon from Zelda 2.

Neither level is good for free for alls either. The best level for free for alls is probably Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 since it least rewards strategies of avoiding combat.

Xona

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter, last place, 2nd last, and 3rd last have already been claimed by final destination, wario ware inc. and bridge of eldin. (the order may vary)

peeup

Smash Lord
The only things in new pork that aren't fail are the music and the pink thing. Camera and stage design phail epicly.

Top Bottom