• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which spacie has a good balance of offense and defense?

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I have been playing fox and Faldo after losing interest in falcon for a while now. I need to decide which spacie best suits me, so I can focus on him more. Any thoughts on the question?????

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Both spaceys have good offense. Both spaceys get comboed hard but have good oos/ledgeoptions Falcos up b is shorter and his side b is faster. It's more of a question of do you like being fast or do you like the threat of lasers/bigger hitboxes.

Squid Kid

Smash Rookie
I feel like Falco has better offense/defense than Fox does, but that's not to say they both don't have tools to play either way.

Falco plays defensively with lasers, and offensively with pillars. Fox on the other hand plays a bit more free-form and executes his options differently. If you're looking for a character for helping you pick up when to play offensively and defensively, play Falco. He's overall easier to execute options with and his offensive/defensive game has been broken down into simple parts, unlike Fox (for the most part).

saef

Smash Rookie
falco is a god of neutral but his defense has always, in my eyes, been considerably worse than fox's. generally, he's slower. so his defensive options, by extension, are slower. i consider defense to be efficiency in resetting the game back to a neutral state; maneuvering out of your limited position; whatever terminology you want to use. fox is so fast and so good at turning the tides of battle. it's easy to get a hit on him, and it's easy to continue those hits, but to keep him in a limited state of the game takes a lotttttt... and i mean A LOT of work. falco has to put in more work than fox does to rset the game so neutral, so i say without a doubt fox's defense is better.

if you like having a phenomenal offense and a solid defense, play falco.
if you like having a solid offense and a phenomenal defense, play armada.

examples? pp's falco, armada's fox.

Top Bottom