• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which solution would be best for fixing my custom music issues?

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
Some of my custom brstms have been sounding distorted in Project M lately. Which would work better, defragging or formatting my sd card? Does defragging harm the sd card in any way? I use the sd card for snapshots in Smash Wii U, so I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

Narpas_sword

format.

when you change music, dont do it by replacing the file. delete the old one then put the new one on.

Or do it all on your PC HDD, and drag the whole build to your sd card once youre done.

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
format.

when you change music, dont do it by replacing the file. delete the old one then put the new one on.

Or do it all on your PC HDD, and drag the whole build to your sd card once youre done.
Sorry for the extremely late reply, as I just got to doing this today. I formatted my SD card & reinstalled Project M, & put the music files back into the strm folder (I made sure I didn't replace any files). Once I got PM to boot up, I couldn't get to anything after I passed the title screen and the brawl intro. All I did was put the music back on the strm folder, so I'm not sure what I could've done wrong.

Last edited:

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I really still wanna play PM, so could somebody give me an answer on why this is happening please?

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
Well, it did before I redownloaded it (I got the Hackless zip from the official site). I made sure the card was formatted to FAT32 too.

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
Yep, I'm still getting stuck at a black screen after I skip the intro/title screen.

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
Do you mean I need to run PM without any modifications first for it to work? I did add my custom music files back. Other than that, I downloaded the hackless zip off the official site with no issues.

Narpas_sword

I'm still trying to figure out what you're doing, let alone what you're doing wrong.

Does pm, with a formatted card and default build with none of your own modifications work?

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I'll try that and let you know if it works. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Tried it out without custom music, and it worked! Now I'm just going to test it with the custom music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom