• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which router are you using to connect with Brawl?

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Well, I just found out my router isn't compatible with the Wii, and I REALLY want to play online Brawl. So which routers are you guys using? What're the prices like?

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I have had this one router for all my PCs and DS and PS3 and wii online games...it's a linksys.

I purposefully bought it for fast speed cause wifi tends to be slower than hard cable so it coasted like $70 but it was the best thing out at the time.

Niblet

Smash Cadet
Linksys Wrt64GL running Tomato firmware. As of now I'm on my 54th day of uptime. It has very strong QoS functionality.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I have linksys as well and my Wii runs the internet just as well as my compy does. 'Course that could be because of the fact that my router is like less than 5 feet away. :)

Speaking of which, if my Wii runs the internet just fine, can I safely be considered more than set for Wi-Fi Brawl?

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I have linksys as well and my Wii runs the internet just as well as my compy does. 'Course that could be because of the fact that my router is like less than 5 feet away. :)

Speaking of which, if my Wii runs the internet just fine, can I safely be considered more than set for Wi-Fi Brawl?
You can just check your internet speed , anything over 10000 kbps is perfect.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I use a Zoom ADSL router. And with the Wii I use the Lan adapter. Want to make sure I get the best online experience possible.

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
I am using a Linksys wireless N the there is N series G series and one other forget but the N is best for wireless cost me 95$ but is a great router with good speed!

Top Bottom