• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which past stage is the best canidate for DLC?

Which of these stages would be the best DLC addition?

• Dream Land 64

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Hyrule Castle

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • Fountain of Dreams

Votes: 70 59.3%
  • Yoshi's Story

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Fourside

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Mute City (Melee)

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Summit

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pirate Ship

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Hi, please stop bumping threads that don't need to be bumped. I created a thread that has no replies, and useless threads like this are burying it. Please stop!
Your thread is probably just as "useless" as this one. In fact, probably more useless. This one is for sharing ideas and opinions and that's an important thing on forums.

Spirst

Enough. Keep it relevant to the thread and stop flinging insults or face the wrath of the banhammer.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
EDIT: Alright. May I ask if anything I said was in particular insulting? Because I don't recall any sort of thing.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
EDIT: Alright.
Just ignore him. Don't let his opinion bother you.

Anyways, BACK TO THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD, whenever I played Smash with friends and family, Corneria was one of our favorite stages to play. I'm kinda sad that it's a 3DS exclusive. I would love to play that on the Wii U.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hi, please stop bumping threads that don't need to be bumped. I created a thread that has no replies, and useless threads like this are burying it. Please stop!
That's not how things work at all, FYI. If there's already a thread that covers the matter, you're not "supposed" to make a new/duplicate thread, much less go and call the other threads useless.

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
So, as a question to everyone here. If you could pick 3 stages from each Smash game to bring back for a new one, and it could have any improvements needed to make it a competitively viable stage, which would you want? Don't have to list how you'd change it, but go ahead if you wanna. This doesn't include BF and FD.
N64: Peach's Castle, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island
Melee: Brinstar, Fourside, Mute City
Brawl: Pirate Ship, Halberd, WarioWare, Inc.
3DS: Paper Mario, Magicant, Arena Ferox
Wii U: Wuhu Island, Orbital Gate Assault, Jungle Hijinxs

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
N64: Peach's Castle, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island
Melee: Brinstar, Fourside, Mute City
Brawl: Pirate Ship, Halberd, WarioWare, Inc.
3DS: Paper Mario, Magicant, Arena Ferox
Wii U: Wuhu Island, Orbital Gate Assault, Jungle Hijinxs
That's not what this thread is about anymore. Please Stop!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS! I'd throw all of the money at it all day. Love that stage and was very dissapointed at it failing to return again. also pokemon stadium 1 as a second choice i guess because i despise ps2's transformations with a burning passion.(seriously, those bloody flying and electric stages)

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Same on the stadium 1 business. Hate like.. 2/3rds of the transformations on that stage. whilst 1's transformation i felt all lead to some really interesting gameplay and felt like there was.. well... more thought put into them with the layouts and flavour and stuff rather than "HERP DERP, EVERYBODY IN THE AIR BECAUSE ITS FLYING TYPE NOW. OK NOW THE FLOOR IS MOVING REALLY FAST EVERYWHERE BECAUSE REASONS"

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
To be very realistic, Pirate Ship may be a DLC stage, since we don't have a stage for Toon Link in the WiiU version. Though, it may be unlikely considering the Great Sea Remix is on Skyloft now. Fourside may also be a possible candidate.

But personally, I want both of those, and Fountain of Dreams. Mostly for the music and competitive aspect.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
They should have done a hybrid ala Flatzone X, if anything.
This. I really liked what they did with Flatzone X.

Also, I have a slightly-related tangent. What if Nintendo had a contest for best stage built via stage builder and then gave the winner's stage out as DLC?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I would like Saffron City from the 64 back.

...And Magicant on Wii U.

Brinstar Depths. I love the stage; not everyone does, but there's nothing else like it.

Poké Floats is another good one, though I'd just as well like an updated version with different Pokémon balloons.

Edit - I have no particular reasons why these are good candidates for DLC other than the fact that I like them. If we were looking at it from a business angle, probably Great Bay to coincide with Majora's Mask 3D.

Last edited:

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Fourside please more earthbound stages <3

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I predict Saffron City or Pokefloats (Melee or a completely new one) coming out in Spring. I am fairly certain of it.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Fourside literally popped into my head when I noticed this thread. Pretty good serendipity huh lol

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmm... no Poke Floats, Brinstar Depths, or Spear Pillar?
Seriously, though, out of the options provided, I'd most like to see Fourside, Mute City, and Fountain of Dreams return, if only for nostalgia's sake and for the high definition.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Imagine they not only brought PokeFloats back, but made a PokeFloats 2 with the newer Pokemon as well? I think that would be awesome!

D

Deleted member

Like some people in here, I'd go for a Fountain of Dreams DLC. That stage was great in Melee.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Mute City (F-Zero stage), Fourside (I love city stages), and Fountain of Dreams (great music and for competitive play).

Saffron City would also be interesting to have return in HD.

Top Bottom