• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which one would be better to get, Pro Controller or GC Controller?

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
The biggest con to gamecube controllers is how the triggers are designed, it definitely detracts from how fast you can shield. Depending on your hand size they might mot be ergonomically comfortable but not too many people have that problem with gc controllers.

Aemuli

Smash Cadet
So, if these results are correct (and if we also ignore what people are talking about the ProController having less input lag than the GC Controller for some reason, and using this result as totally true), the difference between the Pro Controller and the GC Controller is, visually, something around half of a frame, and maybe you will lose one frame sometimes. This maybe can impactate a person playing in a tournament, but for anyone else playing in their houses with their friends or over the intenet... I don't see any advantage in change a wireless controller with a lot more features for a wired gamecube controller. For me is more a cost-benefit function, and lose 1 frame to have better confort while playing is fine for me.

I understand that, but the A button being already my default position where I rest my finger anyway, it doesnt change anything if it's bigger.
I agree, the differences are very slim between the controller options, it all really comes down to preference. However, if this person is statistically looking the for the best controller in terms of input latency, I gave him the data that has been found. I will put the approximate averages for input lag for each one so everyone does not have to read all the calculated numbers:

Pro Controller (Wireless): 105.67ms
Joycon: 103.33ms
GCN (side-ports): 100.14ms
GCN (Hub): 98.31ms

Last edited:
Top Bottom