• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Nintendo franchise would you like Monolith making a new game?

D

Deleted member

As now a First-Party studio, Monolith Soft has made new IPs for Nintendo such as Xenoblade and Disaster, as well as it helped some EAD teams during developments of games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pikmin 3.

However, what if the Retro Studios' scenario happens to Monolith, and the latter has to make a new entry of an already established Nintendo franchise ?

For my part, I risk to appear a bit repetitive here, but I would be interested to see them making a new Metroid game.

With their sci-fi approach they adopted with Xenoblade and its upcoming sequel, I would really like to see them making a Metroid with why not adding some open-world elements.

It would even be greater if they team up with Intelligent Systems, as they have some aknowledgments about the franchise as they co-developped Super Metroid.

I would also accept Yoshio Sakamoto as a supervisor. Also for making the scenario if, and only if, someone else co-write it with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think if ant other devoloper should make a LOZ it should be Monolith

Edit: pokemon would be neat to see too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think that Sakurai will be working on future installments of the Kid Icarus franchise, so I want to see Monolith Soft make their own Kid Icarus game. Whether it's new gameplay or the gameplay in Uprising, I just want to see the series evolve more. It would be a shame if the series just gets abandoned again after one revival...

I would also like to see them make a new F-Zero. Imagine the graphics and amount of content that they would put into that title!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I know a lot of people who would like to see them make a Zelda game. It helps that they're pretty much the only first party subsidiary Nintendo has allowed to so much as touch the franchise in the past. They helped develop Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds, and lets face it, if the E3 footage is anything to go by, they're more involved with Zelda Wii U than ever before. The large open worlds of Xenoblade Chronicles and XCX would fit perfectly into a Zelda title. I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard that the Bionis Leg alone is larger than the entirety of Twilight Princess's world map!

Then I've also seen some people suggest they team up with Camelot to make a new Golden Sun title.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Cool thread. Hopefully they'll stay with RPGs for a few more years before branching into other genres. What if they only stick with Xenoblade though and just keep making more every few years or so?

I'd like if they created a new IP centered around platforming with a unique gimmick with vast worlds and lots of exploration. I'm just saying platformer since that's my favorite genre besides RPG.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I personally want them to continue making games they're used to create. If the Retro Studios-scenario did happen to Monolith Soft, then Tetsuya Takahashi would most likely leave Nintendo since he needs all the freedom he can get to achieve his creativity and ambition. Back then, Final Fantasy was Square Soft's priority for game development, but Takahashi wanted to make games he envisioned from himself, so he left that company to form Monolith Soft. There are other members that can direct other games, but out of all them, Takahashi really is the most proficient developer, and I wouldn't want to see him leave.

Regardless, they could collaborate with Camelot to make a big Golden Sun game. I figure that if they make a game that's not a RPG, then it might cause development hell. See Disaster: Day of Crisis. :<

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I definitely would want them to stick to the Xeno franchise, but if they had to make another Nintendo franchise, then, as others have said, they'd do VERY well with Zelda.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather they do what they do best instead of being forced to work on one of Nintendo's 'legacy' franchises, which is not in Monolithsoft/Takahashi's interests. The same goes with Golden Sun: if Takahashi was forced to make a Golden Sun game (which is something that's even worth thinking about) then Takahashi would be out of the door in seconds.

I know they're a first-party dev, but they're in a much different position then Retro or Intel.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It would be pretty cool to see them handle a Zelda project.
But I'd prefer if they just stick to Xeno and their own franchises, kind of like how Intelligent Systems does Fire Emblem. Or something like that.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I personally want them to continue making games they're used to create. If the Retro Studios-scenario did happen to Monolith Soft, then Tetsuya Takahashi would most likely leave Nintendo since he needs all the freedom he can get to achieve his creativity and ambition. Back then, Final Fantasy was Square Soft's priority for game development, but Takahashi wanted to make games he envisioned from himself, so he left that company to form Monolith Soft. There are other members that can direct other games, but out of all them, Takahashi really is the most proficient developer, and I wouldn't want to see him leave.

Regardless, they could collaborate with Camelot to make a big Golden Sun game. I figure that if they make a game that's not a RPG, then it might cause development hell. See Disaster: Day of Crisis. :<
Yes!!!!!! A new Golden Sun game would totally be something I awesome and Monolith Soft could assist Camelot in doing so. A Golden Sun on Wii U! Instant buy! As long as they don't mess around with the gameplay mechanics too much and keep it honest to its roots but with much better graphics and perhaps some complex 3D puzzles, I am all game!

As long as they are not forced to do it. That would seriously dampen their spirit and the final product won't be as amazing as it could be! I would want them to assist in a Golden Sun game by their own.

Or any other awesome RPG game they want to work on. After all that is their specialty. If they can incorporate open world elements to an existing franchise without downplaying its original strengths, then that's great as well!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't think that Sakurai will be working on future installments of the Kid Icarus franchise, so I want to see Monolith Soft make their own Kid Icarus game. Whether it's new gameplay or the gameplay in Uprising, I just want to see the series evolve more. It would be a shame if the series just gets abandoned again after one revival...

I would also like to see them make a new F-Zero. Imagine the graphics and amount of content that they would put into that title!
With how epic KIU was, it'd be a waste to see the series getting dropped again, we need KI Wii U.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Easy....a new Super Mario RPG HD. Complete with Mario Swimming shorts and Bowser mechons and the entire story taking place on Rosalina's head.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If you'll notice, Monolith gets listed in the credits of many Nintendo games. Animal Crossing CF and NL, Mario Kart I believe, and a little gem called Super Smash Bros.

Not entirely sure of what they did for those projects, but it's pretty clear they get around.

Anyway, Metroid would be nice if they decided to stray from the RPG format, but I think a Kid Icarus sequel as an RPG by them would be amazing. KI is a series I can see radically changing every time.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Funnily enough Kamiya is not working on the Star Fox game, the director of Bayonetta 2 is...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
F-ZERO

/thread

Seriously though, I guess at Golden Sun revival in collaboration with Camelot sounds neat.

Quillion

Smash Hero
None. Monolith always makes their own things. They've always done so even when they were with Namco, and the key staff always did when they were with Square (before they formed the company proper).

finalark

SNORLAX
None. Monolith always makes their own things. They've always done so even when they were with Namco, and the key staff always did when they were with Square (before they formed the company proper).
Actually, they have done work with IPs they didn't come up with. After all, they made one of the best DBZ games of all time.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Actually, they have done work with IPs they didn't come up with. After all, they made one of the best DBZ games of all time.

And I also forgot Chrono Cross (even if it's In Name Only in several ways).

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I prefer to see the bandai namco's Tales studio collaborate and make Golden Sun... or FE

But a new Golden Sun sounds great!

Top Bottom