• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which N64 game should I get?

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I have 1000 points left over from Super Smash Bros., and I want another N64 game.

The ones I'm considering are Star Fox 64, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Please place your opinions below!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you enjoy Zelda games, I highly recommend Majora's Mask. It's got a different spin on the experience with the three-day cycle and all, and it's definitely a "darker" game than most other Zeldas (which can be a positive or a negative depending on what you enjoy), but it's my favorite Zelda game and one of my favorite games of all time. The main quest in and of itself is immensely fun and the dungeons and bosses are unique and interesting, but the sidequests really give life to the game and have some of the most real-feeling characters in the Zelda franchise.

That said, all of the games you're looking at are great ones and you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I have 1000 points left over from Super Smash Bros., and I want another N64 game.

The ones I'm considering are Star Fox 64, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Please place your opinions below!
If you already own the VC version of Ocarina of Time then you gotta get Majora's Mask.

Here are my favorite N64 era Virtual Console games:

1) Super Smash Bros.
2) Mario Kart 64
3) Wave Race 64
4) F-Zero X
5) Mario Golf

Yeah, I'm really in to multiplayer games and all of these look fantastic when played on an HDTV in progressive scan.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I already have OoT on my 3DS. But thanks for the suggestions!

finalark

SNORLAX
Majora's Mask is pretty good, on the short side but if you dig side-content then you'll probably be able to put a ton of hours into it.

Star Fox 64 is one of the handful of games from that era that's actually aged really well if you're into arcade style games.

Yoshi's Story is really easy and you'll probably be able to steamroll it in a few hours, not worth $10 IMO.

And I agree with Grizz, you should get your hands on F-Zero X if you like racing games. Horribly underrated IMO, way better than most of the "greats" of the N64.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
@ KRBAY KRBAY : Given your name and avatar, wouldn't Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards be the appropriate choice? I've got the original N64 cartridge version of that game but I still haven't gotten around to actually playing it.

Top Bottom