• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Mega Man character would you like as a second Mega Man rep?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I vote Proto Man as semi-clone of Mega Man.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Ah I don't know why they didn't think of adding another one.

I think it would be someone like metal man, or wood man. I just don't know what all their other moves would be because they only really have one in the game.

Roager

Smash Ace
I would've liked X the first time around, but as a second it's too much overlap. Zero's been in (specifically crossover) fighting games before, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK, and I think Onimusha Blade Warriors. So he could work. And I would enjoy it.

I love Tron, but it would be kind of bittersweet after what happened to Legends 3.

Protoman would also be pretty neat. You could get some use out of the shield in the moveset, and probably have overall more close-range focus than Megamans.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Tough choice... i would like Bass, i mean, Protoman is the textbook definition of cool but i think he could be just an alternate costume, and Zero has too much exposure already.

He could have the MM treatment and have his buster as a jab/f-tilt/nair, the weapons from Megaman & Bass for the rest. But personally, i don't think he is as iconic as MM, and his final smash would probably be another transformation one, with him fusing with Treble XD.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Definitely Zero, more specifically his Zero series incarnation. There's so much that the developers could utilize with him!
Plus, that version of Zero needs some love too!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Definitely Zero, more specifically his Zero series incarnation. There's so much that the developers could utilize with him!
What are the chances of a villain rep?

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Zero! who else? Zero is my favorite Megaman character. who better to match the blue bomber than dr wilys own ultimate weapon? sure he became the deuteragonist of the x series and was finished after wilys time, but still. if wily can build reprogram megaman (and rename him quint) from the future to be evil then send him back in time to fight megaman, whats to stop zero and megaman having a little death battle in smash?

was thinking classic zero be the default outfit but z series zero could be an alt costume (8 colors for each, a la little mac, or zero series zero could be main while classic zero and black zero are alt costumes, a la zss)
also omega zero HAS to be an alt skin for zero.

also. with zero he doesn't HAVE to be a clone of megaman. he could rely on his excellent swordsman skills (and maybe the z buster for his b neutral) and for his final smash would be something like omega zeros seven blade combo!

Last edited:

Just a Random Guy

Smash Cadet
I'm up with this guy: zero series zero (...) has more moveset potential since he has so many direferent weapons. actually I made some moveset for our red guy.

Jab: 3 slash combo (this one was pretty obvious)

Ftilt: Triple rod on the second attack range (could work as a spacing tool)

Dtilt: A downward slash pretty much like ike/shulk's one

Utilt: Upward slash (from MMz 2)

Dash attack: rolling slash (working like the top spin) or the dash slash

Nair: rolling slash

Fair: The air slash from the games

Bair: Recoil rod ( little damage but has high knockback)

Uair: Triple rod on the third attack range

Dair: Falling stab (Like Tink's one)

neutral B: Z buster (the more you charge, the bigger and more powerfull it is)

Custom 1: triple shot Ice chip (The MMz 2 one)

Custom 2: Thunder chip.

Side B: Dash, working as a hybrid between the illusions and quick draw ( travels a set distance but stops upon contact)

Custom 1: Sengatotsu

Custom 2: Z nuckle

Down B: IceBlade, dealing multiple hits, the more you charge it; the farther it travels.

Custom 1: Shield boomerang (standard version)

Custom 2: Shield boomerang (Grounded version, deflects proyectiles)

Up B: Rising slash

Custom 1: The thunder variation from MMX 5 ( Stronger but travels a shorter distance)

Custom 2: Teleport (woking like zelda/Plautena Recovery, But just pushes away enemies intead of hitting them)

Usmash: Recoil Rod ( Again Little damage but High knockback and priority)

Fsmash: Z saber charged attack

Dsmash: Maybe the energy palm thing? I haven't decided this one yet

Grab: Chain Rod

Edit: I guess we all know third party companies are only allowed 1 chracter and Sakurai already said he wants to give classic megaman all the focus...... so yeah

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
If we could mod the game, I'd add Cut Man with the following moveset:

Jab: A simple punch.
Jab Combo: Rapid fury of punches, similar to punches that would be performed in Kung Fu. (Think of quick, stationary Fei Long rekkas)
F-Tilt: A dragon kick, another Kung-Fu move.
D-Tilt: A sweep, kind of like what Ryu/Ken would do. (Yes, I know Ryu/Ken represent karate and not kung fu)
U-Tilt: Cut Man stands completely straight and shuts his blades, damages opponent on contact and has super-armor
F-Smash: Cut Man pulls out a rolling blade and throws it. The longer the charge, the more range, damage, and knockback it has.
D-Smash: Cut Man stomps the floor and creates an extremely powerful shockwave capable of killing. (Another Kung Fu tactic, albeit exaggerated for the purpose of satire)
U-Smash: Cut Man does an extremely high kick, similar to that of Ganondorf's U-Smash.
Nair: Sex kick
Fair: Cut Man does a knee kick that is capable of sweetspotting, although is much weaker than Falcon's knee. Has less landing lag.
Bair: Cut Man turns his head and shuts his blades which damages the opponent
Uair: Jumps at his opponent and slashes at them with his blade
Dair: Cut Man does a flip, the sweetspot is the blade that surrounds him during the flip
Neutral B: Command grab, takes down an opponent and stabs them for high damage. 2nd custom charges at opponent but doesn't kill and has less knockback, 3rd custom is an extremely powerful but slow kill move that doesn't grab.
Side B: Throws out his rolling blade which homes on opponents temporarily before returning. Needs to resharpen after returning for 5 seconds, and all moves involving the blade are weaker when thrown out or dull. 2nd custom makes it work as a Link Boomerang and 3rd custom makes the blade revolve around Cut Man while also limiting his options.
Up B: Creates a dotted line which indicates where Cut Man will be. Cut Man cuts through these lines as a means of travel. 2nd custom doesn't reach as far but does not indicate direction. 3rd custom travels farther but has extreme landing lag and does no damage.
Down B: Does the Snake kung fu move. A counter. Custom 2 is out for longer but weaker, Custom 3 has less frames but is stronger.
Grab: Picks up opponent normally, unlike Mega Man who has to use Guts Man's power
Pummel: Cuts opponent.
F-Throw: Throws opponent upwards and punches them
B-Throw: Throws opponent backwards and jumps at them with his blade
D-Throw: Throws opponent downwards and stomps on them
U-Throw: Throws opponent directly upwards

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
It'd obviously be Zero, Protoman or Bass, where I consider Protoman to be the likeliest, then Zero, then Bass. Maybe they'd even do X because of the model already made for megaman's FS. They probably want to keep the same proportions as the ingame megaman so I dont really think they wanna do the X games... Protoman would be awesome as a more close combat oriented megaman semiclone!

No chance of more 3rd party reps tho I think. Although you really have no way of knowing right now. Nintendo might very well want to milk smash 4 for years to come and maybe they'd go pick Snake back up and then more 3rd party chars from other 3rd party franchises already represented.

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Well, Protoman and Zero are obvious choices (btw there's a custom Zero mod in brawl and it's seriously amazing go play it if you can mod brawl) I want to be a special snowflake and suggest someone new:

Barrett from the now-defunct Legends 3. Even if he's just an assist trophy, I think it would be awesome to see him in action at least once. Could even throw in Aero during a final smash or something. And a stage that involves battling on a platform as servbots finish building Roll and Tron's rocket before blasting off to the moon.

I just want some closure dammit is that too much to ask?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I dunno, can't really think of other good reps if they were to add another MM character. Maybe Roll or Proto Man, but no one else really cool comes to my mind (Roll is too cute to pass up though).

But instead of ElecMan, you know who would've made a cooler assist trophy?

My personal favorite Robot Master, also would've loved to have his stage theme remixed.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Proto Man unquestionably. Given that MM uses nothing from 9+10 in his standard moveset, Proto could float a fully unique moveset just using the 16(+3) powers from those games. His final smash could either be a Break Man power up transformation or he could summon the MM3 or 5 Robot Masters for assistance, given his heavy involvement in this games. Or it could just be the big bang burst from MM&B, WHO KNOWS. It'll never happen though, sadly. I doubt we'll ever even get a Proto Man alt costume.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I was being biased, I'd say Mega Man X. He's my personal favorite of the Mega Man incarnations, with the original as a very, very close second. But to be slightly more realistic, I'd go and say Zero. He offers more potential than Protoman and Bass.

Though even then, Protoman would make for a decent semi-clone.

Last edited:

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
Roll. She could use the rollbuster for spacing. Her broom could be used for smash attacks. She's a household robot. Imagine getting meteor-smashed by a bar of soap(a move that works like hard knuckle but with a throwing animation). Rock already uses Rush and Beat in this game so she could have Eddie and Tango. Eddie's items could work like Pac Man's, but it'd be dangerous, taking longer because of the teleport in, and if she got far enough in the cycle, she could get a health pellet. She'd be so cool in doubles with Rock and just imagine her alt costumes. She's soooo cute.

Ignore that last one...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
After Zero, I would definitely want Roll to be the other Mega Man rep. I can imagine her be a semi-clone of some sort or have her own full-out moveset involving her Broom and whatnot.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
if they ever bring another, which i would find surprising being guest-party type stuff and not nintendo, it would either be Roll just to complete the oldschool combo, since in MvC shes actually got quite a good moveset, or Zero for obvious reasons.

I'd vote Zero personally. Make him his X4 version with all the moves and he's be pretty baller. Burning effect on the uppercut (upb), freeze on downb, either dash-slash or the tesla-type attack for side-b, and i guess neutral-b would either z-buster or a harder z-sabre strike/Marth ripoff attack.

Top Bottom