• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Kirby side A is more effective?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I hope this isn't answered already, tried searching.

Well, as many of you probably know, Kirby has 3 forward tilts: (Fox and maybe some others have it too)
(I'll assume facing to the right, North is Up, and look at the 8 grooves in the Control Stick)
-East Tilt: the most commonly use, just completely horizontal kick
-North East Tilt: a slightly 45 degree angle kick upwards
-South East Tilt: a slightly 45 degree angle kick downwards

In most combo videos I mostly see (or only) the East Tilt being used.

I guess that has the best push back but the North East Tilt is almost as good as a up tilt but North East Tilt is forward.

I don't remember how effective the South East Tilt for, a mini sweep? Iono.

My Question:
Whats the most effective and what are the best uses of each tilt?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Kirby's upward Ftilt is only really useful for hitting opponents you cant hit with a regular Ftilt >_>

For the most part the angles themselves dont really matter, the power and knockback will always be the same its just that an up angled Ftilit will hit a jumping opponent and a down angled Ftilt will hit a crouching opponent(although, wit kirby being so short a normal ftilt will usually hit too)

I will say this though, when I combo from a Dair, I generally go for an up angled Ftilt as the last hit of the Dair can knock opponents up slightly and you CAN miss with an unangled ftilt.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Up-angled F-tilts knock the opponent at a higher trajectory (easier to recover from) but deals more damage. It's good for catching an airborne opponent, such as one who has just jumped, one who is approaching with an aerial, or one who is recovering at slightly-higher-than-Kirby-height (such as Fox using a Up Special when he thinks he's far enough from the ledge for you to hit but really isn't).

Down-angled F-tilts knock the opponent away at a lower trajectory which makes it slightly harder to return to the stage, but it deals less damage and has a relatively shorter reach (since most opponents won't be below you). It's useful when striking at an opponent that is close enough that the angle won't cause the attack to miss, or to hit an opponent coming at you from below, such as when edge-guarding or if they're jumping up through a platform.

A regular F-tilt has it's full reach in front of Kirby. It's easiest to use when someone is obviously right in front of you. The advantage of this tilt is obviously the fact that your opponent will usually be straight ahead when you need to use a tilt.

Honorable mention to the D-tilt for striking in front, too. The advantage to this tilt is it's awesome range and the fact that Kirby is in a more defensive position when striking with this tilt. The drawback is the low sweep will miss someone who jumps, it deals significantly less damage, and the knockback is not as good as any of the f-tilt angles.

Top Bottom