• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which controller?

Which Controller?

• Total voters

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Which controller should I use? I have a black Wii, so no GC Controller. Although I recently got my hands on a Classic Controller, I've played with a Nunchuk since I got the game.

link2702

Smash Champion
classic controller.

GCN controller is still the best option, but since you've got a newer model wii you can't use it unless you buy some adapter.

and then you gotta find a working GCN controller on top of that.....

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I would suggest investing in a GC controller adapter, it's well worth your time. Otherwise, the second best would be classic.

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
I ordered this along with the adapter recommended for it. I think it's the MayFlash adapter. I'll let you know how it plays when it arrives. I tried weening myself off the GC controller since the Wii U has no GC ports. But let me tell you it sucks. The classic controller just can't hold a candle to the GC controller. I highly recommend getting the above items.

WMSC_Dot

Smash Rookie
I play with the classic controller since I have one of the later wii consoles, it's great. I can still set my c stick to a "b stick" when I want to goof off and be a technical Lucas.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I made the transition from the gamecube controller to the wii classic controller pro. So far it's working great for me!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Just like everybody else, I prefer playing Smash Bros. games with the GameCube controller although I often play Brawl with my Classic Controller Pro. The only downside for me is that the CCP doesn't include a rumble feature but aside from that it's a good alternative.

Top Bottom