• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which controller will u use?

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
there are 4 controller schemes, classic,GC,wiimote and wiimote with nunchuck. i will probly try anything but the gamecube, beacause i need a wireless controller.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube, I have 2 wavebirds (wireless) and spent long enough getting the hang of melee, I'd rather not relearn another control scheme. Better to spend the time getting good at the game itself.

Enyo

Smash Rookie
I think I'll stick around with my GCN controller for now... using anything else just seems awkward. >>

§leepy God

Smash Master
So far I've played and will stick with the Classic Controller and Wii Remote & Nuchuku. I don't like playing the GC one and the Wii Remote alone doesn't have enough buttons for me. But I belive theres a topic for this though.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
classic wired purple controller...rumble feature cannot be beaten, plus no lag unlike wave birds when they run low on batteries

6uardianAngel

Smash Rookie
If you really want to be technical the wavebird controller isn't the best of choices since the signal it uses isn't all that fast. If you notice, it has a bit of lag and thats especially bad in fighters.

The classic controller is the best bet in my opinion.

Wii Remote + Nunchuck doesn't look that bad either.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Apparently having all the buttons at access so you don't have to move your fingers is a big plus. In addition, the B button doesn't need to be modded like the GC's L and R.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Apparently having all the buttons at access so you don't have to move your fingers is a big plus. In addition, the B button doesn't need to be modded like the GC's L and R.
Sounds interesting. I'm going to try all three controllers, plus mod a GC controller to see how that feels.

David the Great

Smash Rookie
Wii Remote + Nunchuk. Never liked GC controller in the first place, plus with Wii Remote + Nunchuk everything is at your finger tip and from what I have heard the shake to smash works better than most expected.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
If you really want to be technical the wavebird controller isn't the best of choices since the signal it uses isn't all that fast. If you notice, it has a bit of lag and thats especially bad in fighters.
Really?

Anyway, I'll probably use a GameCube controller, but if I have a Classic Controller, maybe I'll give that a try. :) Last night, I saw a topic on VGChartz that contained reviews of "Brawl's" control methods, and the following basically sums up what the original post said:

Wiimote + Nunchuck = DO NOT USE!!

Wiimote only = Only use it if you have nothing else to play "Brawl" with.

Classic Controller = Very good, and actually smoother than the GCN controller, but the fact that Throw is assigned by the game to the Z Buttons holds it back. (Personally, I should mention that in his "Brawl" review in "Nintendo Power", Chris Slate said the Classic Controller's good if you remap the Throw command to a face button.)

GCN Controller = Best overall, despite a couple minor hiccups.

Original topic: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17296

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
These other controls stink like yesterday's old cabbage. GC controller FTW!!!!!

Zevox

Smash Lord
Wiimote + Nunchuk with some customizations. I find it more comfortable than older controller styles in general, it has enough buttons to accommodate everything comfortably (unlike the Wiimote alone), so I've no reason to use anything else.

Zevox

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
ya use the crappy laggy buttonsticking batterysucking POS called a wavebird. ill be pwning u online using mote+chuck

Top Bottom