• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Which controller do you use?

EBS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majoras-Mask8897
Gamecube, gamepad, wii u pro, wiimote and nunchuk? And why

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gamecube, and 3DS. gamecube:Used it for years,
3DS: Because I don't have Wii U, yet.

Roast Grief

Smash Rookie
I use the Gamepad, mainly because I wasn't able to get my hands on a Gamecube Controller Adapter. It's not that bad of a controller, though.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
GameCube Controller.

I grew up with Melee, so it's pretty much the only controller I'm comfortable playing Smash with.

AnotherDerp

Smash Rookie
3DS XL: Just got used to it when the 3DS ver. came out. I like it as well because of the easy access to AXBY buttons because of my thumb size and don't like it because of the Circle Pad.

Last edited:

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
GameCube Controller 4 Life.
Beside using it since Melee, IMO it's the best designed one for Smash.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Pro for sm4sh for until i can nab either an official adapter or just settle on mayflash.

Will convert once i get it tho, lol

D

Deleted member

Game Cube Controller. I used to play casual Melee over a year ago with it, so why not play Smash 4 with it now? If it wasn't for me getting lucky and snagging a GCC adaptor though, I would've probably settled for the Pro controller.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Only the GameCube controller feels right to me, no matter how many times I attempt anything else.

SleepyJ

Smash Rookie
Wii classic controller small in the hands and feels really good.

I grew up only playing smash 64 and only my friends had melee so I am not really that used to the GC controller.

Sylverblack

Smash Rookie
GC-Controller. Played Melee with it, played Brawl with it, play Sm4sh with it. Matter of habit. I'd like to test the Wii U Pro-Controller though.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I use the Pro Controller but only because I haven't got around to getting a Gamecube adapter. I know many say people who use the Gamecube controller just need to adapt, but I've been playing the game this way since Christmas and I still don't feel comfortable with it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I use a Wired Fight Pad (Gamecube-shaped Classic Controller). Because I don't just want to use it for Smash, it's the layout I prefer on any game that I can get away with it.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Wii classic controller. I've been using it since brawl and I find it more comfortable than the GC-controller.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Gamepad- it's that, or wiichuck for me, and hey- it's a good controller.

D

Deleted member

I use the classic controller but that's because I don't have a gamecube adapter but when and if I get one I'll switch to the gamecube controller.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Either Wii U Pro or GameCube, depends how I'm feeling. Perfect pivots and other advanced movement is easier with Wii U Pro for me but tilts and finer attack combos tend to be easier with GameCube. So whichever I want more practice for.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I've played on the GameCube controller for years since melee so I will always use it when I can. However, because I don't have a TV where I'm currently living I am forced to use the gamepad any time I want to play.

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
I use the Falcon Punch iPhone 9. The way all competitive Sm4sh players should play.

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
I'd use the GC controller if I had an adapter. But the Gamepad is fine, too.

Manta

Smash Cadet
Pro controller, don't want to spend over $60 to get a GC adapter + controller. Especially since there isn't an advantage of using the GC over the Pro.

TheMainVaporeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drawinglizard5
3DS FC
2449-6002-4096
The yoshi wired fight pad. I mostly wanted it because I couldn't get my hands on a gamecube controller adapter and the wired fight pad is probably the next best thing. Plus, if Yoshi's on it, I'm gonna get it. Lol

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Gamepad, mostly because I played the hell out of the 3DS version to the point of it being second nature for Smash. That, and adapters are pretty much extinct here in SoCal.

Top Bottom