• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which colour would you prefer be R.O.B.s default colour?

Which one?

• Famicom Red

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • NES Grey

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Which colour do you think should be default?

IMO, It was a horrible mistake to change it. Famicom R.O.B. looks so much better then the Grey one, and since it was the default in Brawl, it should've been the default again.
They grey one is just to dull, and honestly ugly compared to the Red one (especially on the 3DS).

But what do you think? Did Nintendo make a mistake when localizing these games?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
it literally does not matter lol, idk why his default color is such a huge discussion these days
Well the fact that ROB's main skin is region-specific is one of ROB's distinctions from the other characters.

Also, I regret to inform all of you that from all the footage from gameXplain, and from many other youtubers, who have the English version of the game. Just watch a few of the videos, ROB is always grey, while all of the other characters use the default skin. The conclusion: ROB's grey skin is default in the English copies of the game.

Of coarse the logic might not be as sound as deduction, but is highly plausible and is exactly what I expect when I get to play the game myself.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
It's not. I guess some people don't like fighting NES ROB. And I have to agree, it is somewhat absurd.

Besides, the 1080p graphics make all the character's alts look very nice, so I won't be upset when NES ROB appears in a battle.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention the game remembers the alt color used last. So often you wont even have to press a button.
Only on 3DS.

Also, I'm more annoyed that both colours are default depending on region, it makes neither of them worth using. It's fun using a palette that's different from normal, it adds to the customization aspect just enough, but there are people that always use default palettes I'll never agree with.

Top Bottom