• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters does the AI main?

wodan46

Smash Cadet
One thing I've noticed about the AI in brawl is that the Lvl 9 AIs are not only tougher, but the degree of toughness varies from character to character.

When I'm playing one of my Mains, I can defeat many Lvl 9 AIs, but certain ones are able to kick my *** with surprising ease.

The most prominent AI character I've observed is Pit, who I can't beat in a 1v1 at all if the Pit is Lvl 9.

So what other characters is the AI really dangerous with? Is Pit its best?

Knowing this will be handy, as picking the better characters makes the AI that much tougher without giving it a handicap, thus increasing the effective maximum toughness that you can get out of an AI.

CPU Mains (no particular order)
1. Pit
2. Wolf

Darth Ace

Smash Rookie
That's a good question. Ike can pretty powerful too if you're not careful during a fight with him.

Nigy

Smash Rookie
Well, the CPU i have had a lot of trouble with is Olimar, and Pit is really good too.

optimusprimm

Smash Rookie
Any of the combo-type characters (Pit, Star Fox characters, G&W) seem to do well, probably because the CPU is simply able to calculate how to best perform the combos.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
For some reason I find a lvl 9 Ganondorf hard to kill in a 1V1 with Zelda.

Meta Knight is extremely hard for me also. =/

All others are pretty simple.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I've never had a hard time with a level 9 yet, I just make some really stupid mistakes and that makes me lose.

I use Wolf and Mario btw.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I've found that it is really dependent on what character you are using. For example:

- I choose Sonic.
- My opponent is a Level 9 Toon Link.
- I have a lot of trouble, and I eventually lose.

- I choose Bowser.
- I fight Toon Link again.
- Toon Link gets his butt handed to him on a silver platter.

It could just be that, through all of my experimentation, choosing a character I'm not entirely familiar with is yielding me poor results. Whereas picking Bowser, a character that I know like the back of my hand, makes it much easier to take down harder computer opponents.

Regardless, as Bowser, I rarely have any trouble at all defeating CPU opponents (especially in 1v1), but using anyone else usually results in a specific character or two giving me a difficult time.

I've found that the only character that consistently gives me problems (spanning several characters) is Snake, but that may just be due to his unorthodox style of fighting.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I agree Pit is probably the hardest. The exceptional way they use his bow drives me insane. It makes getting back to th edge a freaking workout. Wolf was also pretty hard but I beat him a couple times.

It seems as though the computer is just like a person in the sense that it has an easier time using easier characters to get down to win than the ones that take more strategy. For example, Snake gets ***** every time I face him as a level nine, and so does Captain Falcon. I have no idea why Nintendo has him attempting Falcon Punches still.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Wolf. My friend plays as Wolf and spams Up B and Smash A-> all the time, and it is annoying. The CPU lvl nine Wolf, a whole different story. Very hard, but almost every CPU lvl 9 is hard for me, as I play as Ganondorf.

Top Bottom