• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters do you think have the most potential in the doubles format?

micahclay

Smash Rookie
From what you've seen/experienced, who are the best characters in your opinion for the doubles format?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Villager is god tier in doubles. Ness is also great. Most of the high tiers are good there as well, though some are a bit overrepresented because the best players mostly just pick their singles mains and can win on pure skill. There's a lot of characters who can do well in doubles, though Villager and the high tiers seem to overshadow a lot of the other stuff right now based on what I've seen so far.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
:4kirby: and :4shulk: as a team, just so Kirby can copy the monado and become a God.

Kirby, Game & Watch, Villager all have niches imo. Diddy and Sheik too, just because of their raw awesomeness. Really, in a perfectly synched team, I'd even say Little Mac could be good to eliminate foes early, but I imagine the chaos often hurts him if he gets KO'd too quickly.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Villager is god tier in doubles. Ness is also great. Most of the high tiers are good there as well, though some are a bit overrepresented because the best players mostly just pick their singles mains and can win on pure skill. There's a lot of characters who can do well in doubles, though Villager and the high tiers seem to overshadow a lot of the other stuff right now based on what I've seen so far.
Ness and Villager combined is a force to be reckoned with.

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Villager, and on some unknown degree, mr. Game and watch.

Imber

Smash Cadet
:4kirby: and :4shulk: as a team, just so Kirby can copy the monado and become a God.

Kirby, Game & Watch, Villager all have niches imo. Diddy and Sheik too, just because of their raw awesomeness. Really, in a perfectly synched team, I'd even say Little Mac could be good to eliminate foes early, but I imagine the chaos often hurts him if he gets KO'd too quickly.
Kirby can also take villager's pocket ability for some projectile passing shenanigans. Pretty much any character with a good neutral b move will work well with him really, though I agree Shulk's is probably the best if you know how to use it.

After watching Nairo's ZSS i think her paralyzer gun/dsmash brings a lot to any team and could make for some really cool team combos. Her super early kills off the top of the stage can be a huge game changer as well.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Ness with any good projectile user makes a good team because of PK magnet.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
1. Zelda + Villager.
2. Pocket fully charged phantom.
3. Release
4. ????
5. Profit

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Mii Brawler is stupid good in doubles when you have a partner to help you set up an inescapable helicopter kick that drags your opponent to the blast zone.

Top Bottom