• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters do you never see online?

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I'm at 900 matches and have only seen 2 :4metaknight:, 2 :4zelda:, and 1 :4olimar:.

Everyone else I see quite regularly.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Meta knight is still a killing character, a good combo is to grab them, do down throw, when they launch up in the air, either attack them with the sword in the air, or use your double attack recovery to hit them, rinse and repeat, dimensional cape is almost like a counter with the lack of actually controlling it, when a character comes close to you, do your cape to evade it and go on the other side, I use this on little macs and they were confused, then I just dodge them behind them and grab them then like I said, rinse and repeat,

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Pretty much every character except mac, bowser, shiek, mario, greninja, zss just plain dont exist for me. Once in a blue moon i'll face someone else and i will THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY FOR A CHANGE! lol.
In all seriousness, i see macs so much i just started leaving the matches. Get sick and tired of that ratfink, even if i win most of the time.

And recently i finally faced a Wario that WASNT someone mirroring mine (and playing horribly). Threw me a curveball since he played totally different than i did lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've never seen a Mewtwo player. :troll:

I haven't been playing much, but it seems like "changed" characters like Falco, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and Luigi don't get played often along with characters who were low-tier in past games don't get played often like Ganondorf since there's probably a preconception that Ganondorf is still crap - Bowser taking the spotlight of being improved didn't help as Ganondorf never made an appearance before the game was released aside from an "Oops". Or "weird" characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar/Alph & Pikmin, Megaman, and Duck Hunt which is ironic since Rosalina & Luma fit that category of a "weird" character.

For a definition, "weird" refers to characters with a very different playstyle compared to rushdown characters like Shiek, rangers like Samus, footsie, spacers like SSB4 Falco, and punishers like SSB4 Ganondorf and Ike who hit like trucks when you screw up. WFT has "strange" hitboxes, Olimar/Alph work as a team with their Pikmin, Rosalina is a puppeteer with Luma being the adorable puppet, Duck Hunt works like a trapper, and Megaman is kind of like a Street Fighter character in terms of playstyle now that I think of it.

That leaves tried and true characters along with easy to pick up characters like Little Mac, Bowser, Fox, Link, Sheik, Captain Falcon who's making a comeback, Marth/Lucina, and Zero Suit Samus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

A lot of the most often seen characters I'm not really very surprised with, they are all characters with relatively strong performance even when utilizing a low amount of proweress with the character. People will choose what is easiet for them and even sometimes decide their main that way. A vast majority of the people who play Smash 4 likely don't even know that Smashboards exists, so you take that in to account too.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I haven't seen :wolf: or:lucas::crying:
I've never seen a Mewtwo player. :troll:
What are you talking about I've seen Mewtwo some guy named Spring 2015 plays as him, however he always does nothing its as if he's not working properly, huh well he does look cool at least just hovering there.
:troll:

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hmm...

I kinda stopped playing it online recently because I hate wifi and will end up mainly utilizing online on the Wii U so I can have ethernet.

But when I did play before..

I didn't see Olimar very often at all. King Dedede or Meta Knight also were rare.

I agree, I didn't see much of Jr or the Koopalings... But I mainly played them online myself so I liked that.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Falco online. I faced off a really good Zelda that showed me what the character is capable of in the right hands in this game... Whew.

ROB is also rare. Everyone else... seems regular in the rotation.

Rosalina is becoming less common too. Probably because people are realizing that she's not as good as originally estimated. I dunno

Last edited:

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
The rarest of all.:4olimar:
Probably will see more when a conquest with Olimar vs a not so popular character comes up.

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
Koopalings are a bit rare too.

Last edited:

gamecrazy94

Smash Rookie
NNID
gamecrazy94
3DS FC
2320-6128-1064
The number of Little Mac's have been decreasing a little bit for me.

I've seen very little Ike, Marth, Duck Hunt, Pac Man, Mega Man, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Jiggilypuff, Charizard, Falco, MK, D3, Pit, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, DK, Game and Watch, Wario, Bowser Jr, Peach, and Luigi.

Most people use the same characters from what I see.

Spirst

I just saw an Olimar player about an hour ago. Now, as for GOOD Olimar players, I have never seen one.

Top Bottom