• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters do you feel sorry for when you face them 1v1?

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Crappy Bowser Jr. players.... they think i'm disrespecting them by trying to beat him with their own main... except I main Jr. as well... ;)

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for Ness when I'm Rosalina and I completely nullify their attempt to recover with gravitational pull. The match up is in Rosalina's favor a lot, and you're basically asking for death if you pick Ness against her. I also don't feel too good when I completely destroy players that are new to the game or the match up is very one sided, like Rosalina VS Donkey Kong or Ganondorf

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
Pretty much any of the slower characters who lack solid answers to zoning with Arcfire or Thoron. I mean, if you can't beat the slowest character under reasonable circumstances, you've got it bad.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I feel bad for luigi and Kirby. Luigi is so slow in the air and mega mans pellets just don't allow him to approach on the ground. It is a tough battle for luigi.

Same for Kirby he has no projectiles and has trouble getting in. And Uair just slows down his rock so it makes it relatively useless

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I don't feel bad for people; I just seek to destroy them. If I was a person to pity my opponents, I would probably pity the DK players I face in FG every once in a while who just get eaten up by my Monado Buster D-throw combos. Anywhere between 9-47%, if I grab him, he's going to be eating 35% damage (d-throw -> F-smash). 0-8% will be D-throw -> F-tilt for 28%.
(I'm Shulk)

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm a DK main and when I ever enter for glory or face off against ppl in friendlies I hate facing off against Lucina, Marth, and Ike the most, because they have absolutely no chance of ever winning. Lucina and marth are just bad, and Ike's horizontal recovery against DK never works, guaranteeing death. Ever since I started playing in late December I always knew marth and Lucina were the lowest tier with Ike also being low tier, and I'm playing a mid to low tier character in DK so it was just obvious. I mean I respect their willingness to choose playing those characters and try to make them usable,
and I did find some great Marths from time to time, but the odds are stacked against them so much that I can't help but feel sorry for them and wish they would leave so I don't destroy their confidence.
Edit: actually shulk is above even those characters, i rediscovered. My baby brother plays him and he knows how to use him against me, but many ppl on FG, including many good to great shulks, simply do not know how to use his counter,which is his most powerful move by far. Shulk is such a cool character and that along with a combination of it being my baby bros character makes me want to actually teach the shulks how to face me, I actually have tags that tell them to use counter, use it in the air, etc, and to "trust me", no kidding.

How about you guys? I'm sure some of you zss players feel sorry for Dk players? Don't forget to mention who you play as if it's applicable.
Just wait. One day you'll get your dong whipped by a good Marth player and change your mind.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Just wait. One day you'll get your dong whipped by a good Marth player and change your mind.
I did face a GREAT marth once, he won more than I would have liked but I attributed my losses to me simply not playing where I could have been. We only played about 10 games and he won half of them.

It's telling though that you didn't say anything about Ike or Lucina o.o

I don't feel bad for people; I just seek to destroy them. If I was a person to pity my opponents, I would probably pity the DK players I face in FG every once in a while who just get eaten up by my Monado Buster D-throw combos. Anywhere between 9-47%, if I grab him, he's going to be eating 35% damage (d-throw -> F-smash). 0-8% will be D-throw -> F-tilt for 28%.
(Shulk)
And you shouldn't be feeling sorry...for all those that play shulk, you know he needs all the help he can get.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Delete plz
I put (Shulk) at the end to remind what character I'm maining. I understand how that can be seen differently than I intended... I shall edit that. (also, you might want to watch the double posts :p)

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Yeah I fixed it the moment I posted it, bad habit from other forums, and it's not easy watching that when posting from my phone. Anyway read my post again, I simply incorrectly said what I wanted to say.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I seem to be a pretty awesome :4charizard:

It makes it fun to think they are under-estimating me because of how underrated he is.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
I don't feel bad fighting against someone. I more or less go tryhard if fighting certain characters, though, even if there skill is way higher or lower then me.

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
I'm a DK main and when I ever enter for glory or face off against ppl in friendlies I hate facing off against Lucina, Marth, and Ike the most, because they have absolutely no chance of ever winning. Lucina and marth are just bad, and Ike's horizontal recovery against DK never works, guaranteeing death. Ever since I started playing in late December I always knew marth and Lucina were the lowest tier with Ike also being low tier, and I'm playing a mid to low tier character in DK so it was just obvious. I mean I respect their willingness to choose playing those characters and try to make them usable,
and I did find some great Marths from time to time, but the odds are stacked against them so much that I can't help but feel sorry for them and wish they would leave so I don't destroy their confidence.
Edit: actually shulk is above even those characters, i rediscovered. My baby brother plays him and he knows how to use him against me, but many ppl on FG, including many good to great shulks, simply do not know how to use his counter,which is his most powerful move by far. Shulk is such a cool character and that along with a combination of it being my baby bros character makes me want to actually teach the shulks how to face me, I actually have tags that tell them to use counter, use it in the air, etc, and to "trust me", no kidding.

How about you guys? I'm sure some of you zss players feel sorry for Dk players? Don't forget to mention who you play as if it's applicable.

Reading this thread, I realize the purpose is to talk about how you feel bad about being on the fortunate side of a bad match up, so I guess to contribute I'll mention I feel bad playing a projectile character into a big slow character like Ganon.

However, I feel that you're slightly mislead DaRKKaWs, and I feel compelled to be 'That Guy' and post something about it. I don't like how you've worded some of your responses, and I believe it to be slightly toxic. While uneven match ups occur, no one in this game is Melee Kirby and you shouldn't feel as though someone should play a different character in order to not have their confidence crushed by you or their chance at glory reduced to nothing. You say that Marth, Lucina, and Ike are low tier, and you're playing DK which is Mid Tier (which I disagree with but is besides the point), meaning you are going to win. That is simply not the case. You mention that you have been bested by Marth and that you attribute your loses to you not playing where you could have been, which is absolutely it, not the characters position on any tier list. The victor will for the majority of matches come down to skill, and not your choice at the character select screen. I've seen great Charizards and Falcos do incredibly well against competent high tier players for example. I can hold my own against the common Diddy using Zelda. There's no reason to think because you're playing Donkey Kong that you have the ultimate advantage over Marths, Lucinas, and Ikes specifically. They may or may not have a bad match up, but the better player will win. Tier position does not guarantee outcome. An incredibly good Ganondorf main can work around a Duck Hunt.

I will never go so far as to say tiers do not exist, but they do not dictate the game.

Ike's recovery is predictable and can be gimped, yes, but that doesn't mean you're going to win the majority of the time. Other characters have this same issue. Ike's punish and spacing game is great. I honestly believe Ike is a much better character than DK.

I don't agree that Marth and Lucina are the lowest tier. Bottom 20? Yeah, probably. Bottom 10 or bottom 5? No way. The nerfs to Marth haven't been kind, his shortened sword has taken a toll on him, but he can still come out on top with smart play. As much as I wish it did, Ken style Marth does not work well in this game. However, a smart defensive player mindful of their spacing and offstage game will make Marth do some disrespectful things. Lucina is in the same bag, however she has a slightly lower reward ceiling than Marth due to the lack of tipper. I believe she is only slightly worse than Marth overall, but slightly better in situations where you can't concentrate on perfect spacing. Marth and Lucina do not deserve to be bottom 5, they are solid characters without any glaring flaw.

Shulk is a great character, I'm glad you've decided he's at least better than Marth and Lucina. I feel like his play style is comparable to melee Marth with his exceptional range and the added benefits of the Monado arts. However telling anyone to ever "Use counter more" is counterproductive advice. Counter moves, especially Shulk's, are very risky. They should not be seen as "This is my most powerful move." as you suggest. They should be seen as "This is my most powerful punish in certain situations." Instead of telling someone to use their counter more often, you should be suggesting that they work on their fundamentals, so that they can judge when using a counter is worth the risk.

If you tell players that they need to use counter more it may end up causing them to develop the bad habit of spamming counter. Counter spammers are some of the easiest players to win against once you read them. Counter spammers only beat impatient, sub par players. Counters have a lot of ending lag, and good players are going to punish it. It may just be a simple grab punish at first, but once the counter spammer is read it will eventually be a charged smash to the face, causing them their stock. If I use a counter more than twice or three times in a match I feel as though I am using it too much. In fact most of my matches either don't have a counter involved, or only have one. If you have a counter it should be the ace you keep up your sleeve. The move that you don't throw out so that your opponent forgets you have it, but you will very harshly remind them when you get a great read on them.

Shulk shouldn't prioritize using his counter in the air either. Shulk has a great aerial game, and is much better throwing out a hit box to space out the opponent than throwing out a counter 9 out of 10 times. Dat Nair. The only character that I can maybe think should be using his counter a lot in the air is Little Mac, but that's because Little Mac's air game is a joke, unlike Shulk's. Little Mac is usually safer spamming air dodge even though that's punishable as well.

I apologize for calling you out, and do wish you the best, but I don't think you are setting the best example for newer players that read this.

TL;DR Lol projectiles into big slow characters. Tier position does not decide the outcome of a match, player skill does. "Use counter more" is horrible advice and if taken the wrong way can lead to counter spamming. "Improve your fundamentals so that you know when counter is a punish worth the risk." is the advice you want to give.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I main Ganondorf and DK
I dont play as anyone else but them.
Add me
DARK-PHAZ0N
i will show you a good Ganondorf & DK

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Reading this thread, I realize the purpose is to talk about how you feel bad about being on the fortunate side of a bad match up, so I guess to contribute I'll mention I feel bad playing a projectile character into a big slow character like Ganon.

However, I feel that you're slightly mislead DaRKKaWs, and I feel compelled to be 'That Guy' and post something about it. I don't like how you've worded some of your responses, and I believe it to be slightly toxic. While uneven match ups occur, no one in this game is Melee Kirby and you shouldn't feel as though someone should play a different character in order to not have their confidence crushed by you or their chance at glory reduced to nothing. You say that Marth, Lucina, and Ike are low tier, and you're playing DK which is Mid Tier (which I disagree with but is besides the point), meaning you are going to win. That is simply not the case. You mention that you have been bested by Marth and that you attribute your loses to you not playing where you could have been, which is absolutely it, not the characters position on any tier list. The victor will for the majority of matches come down to skill, and not your choice at the character select screen. I've seen great Charizards and Falcos do incredibly well against competent high tier players for example. I can hold my own against the common Diddy using Zelda. There's no reason to think because you're playing Donkey Kong that you have the ultimate advantage over Marths, Lucinas, and Ikes specifically. They may or may not have a bad match up, but the better player will win. Tier position does not guarantee outcome. An incredibly good Ganondorf main can work around a Duck Hunt.
I will never go so far as to say tiers do not exist, but they do not dictate the game.

Ike's recovery is predictable and can be gimped, yes, but that doesn't mean you're going to win the majority of the time. Other characters have this same issue. Ike's punish and spacing game is great. I honestly believe Ike is a much better character than DK.
Actually the name is darkjaws, not kaws. Also, I said DK was mid to low tier, not mid tier (and since you say you disagree I wonder where you place him, customs off). Don't worry, I'm not offended or even put off by your remarks because you're mostly wrong, as you yourself know. I've also faced great falcos and Charizards, and you'll never see me doing anything but trying my damndest to try and beat them, and anyone who says they are the lowest of low tier are dead wrong. FYI, I can also hold my own against many diddy's with DK.
Tier position does guarantee outcome to a large extent, which is why the best player, Zero, plays with Diddy to ensure his victory. If he played CF all the time he could get knocked out in the top 16, and you'd never know how great of a player he was if he only competed in a few tournaments.
You can say whatever you want about Ike wrt his ranking in the game, and I have seen what he can do in the hands of a great player, but I don't care who is playing as Ike: they of probably all characters in the game will not beat my DK except by fluke. And I've probably lost to Ike maybe twice in FG?...and for all I know I was probably playing as Ganondorf, my other main. And you don't even want to ask how many times I've faced an Ike. They simply have no chance, they WILL get thrown off stage and they WILL be gimped. Lucina and moreso Marth have a better chance vs. my DK, mainly because reads in the neutral still dictate that outcome more than anything that happens offstage. But you don't even want to know how many I've just wrecked silly, because they were made into bad characters.

I don't agree that Marth and Lucina are the lowest tier. Bottom 20? Yeah, probably. Bottom 10 or bottom 5? No way. The nerfs to Marth haven't been kind, his shortened sword has taken a toll on him, but he can still come out on top with smart play. As much as I wish it did, Ken style Marth does not work well in this game. However, a smart defensive player mindful of their spacing and offstage game will make Marth do some disrespectful things. Lucina is in the same bag, however she has a slightly lower reward ceiling than Marth due to the lack of tipper. I believe she is only slightly worse than Marth overall, but slightly better in situations where you can't concentrate on perfect spacing. Marth and Lucina do not deserve to be bottom 5, they are solid characters without any glaring flaw.
You know, one would think at the outset that they are solid and have no flaws, but the outcomes of the matches really say otherwise. Even the japanese think they are the worst in the game, but I had long said to many that they are the worst in the game. If you think others are worse by all means please give us your list of characters, and I won't get offended if you think DK is at the bottom.

Shulk is a great character, I'm glad you've decided he's at least better than Marth and Lucina. I feel like his play style is comparable to melee Marth with his exceptional range and the added benefits of the Monado arts. However telling anyone to ever "Use counter more" is counterproductive advice. Counter moves, especially Shulk's, are very risky. They should not be seen as "This is my most powerful move." as you suggest. They should be seen as "This is my most powerful punish in certain situations." Instead of telling someone to use their counter more often, you should be suggesting that they work on their fundamentals, so that they can judge when using a counter is worth the risk.

If you tell players that they need to use counter more it may end up causing them to develop the bad habit of spamming counter. Counter spammers are some of the easiest players to win against once you read them. Counter spammers only beat impatient, sub par players. Counters have a lot of ending lag, and good players are going to punish it. It may just be a simple grab punish at first, but once the counter spammer is read it will eventually be a charged smash to the face, causing them their stock. If I use a counter more than twice or three times in a match I feel as though I am using it too much. In fact most of my matches either don't have a counter involved, or only have one. If you have a counter it should be the ace you keep up your sleeve. The move that you don't throw out so that your opponent forgets you have it, but you will very harshly remind them when you get a great read on them.

Shulk shouldn't prioritize using his counter in the air either. Shulk has a great aerial game, and is much better throwing out a hit box to space out the opponent than throwing out a counter 9 out of 10 times. Dat Nair. The only character that I can maybe think should be using his counter a lot in the air is Little Mac, but that's because Little Mac's air game is a joke, unlike Shulk's. Little Mac is usually safer spamming air dodge even though that's punishable as well.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill here, of course I know that they need to understand how to use it and not to spam it, but in the few words I want to communicate to them simple messages go a long way. Look, here is a true story: I faced one GREAT shulk who I was simply r@ping, and he was at a loss at what to do, by this point I had beat him 15 times in a row, sometimes very badly. I mean, he clearly mastered his other movesets but, like yourself, only used counter 2 or 3 times a game. Maybe against some characters that is the maximum it should be used, but against my DK you have to use it more. and at first he disregarded my message but eventually started using it more and found that, SURRISE!, he started winning close to half of the matches. He was one of those late night matches I had, around 2-3:00 AM, so you can tell he was a Smash junkie. And I guarantee you, if you wanted to face me with your Shulk and only use counter 2 or 3 times, You're going to get *****. Period.

Ok, as for your main claim that I'm somehow causing newbies to abandon their mains because they are low tier, I don't believe that to be the case. I main DK and I noted how DK has no chance vs. certain characters in the hands of great players, like ZSS. Every character has bad matchups, and I just noted what I thought were the bad matchups against DK. Even though I think Marth and Lucina to be the worst, they can still beat a great variety of characters, including DK (having more of a chance than an Ike does too).

I main Ganondorf and DK
I dont play as anyone else but them.
Add me
DARK-PHAZ0N
i will show you a good Ganondorf & DK
Yo I only play Ganondorf and DK too, I wonder what it is about those characters that many that play one of those characters plays the other? You're not the only other one I've heard of that plays both. The only reason I play both is that I was a DK main in sb64 (In my mind probably the best one ever, a shame I stopped playing it as I would have given Isai a good matchup), and when DK sucked in melee i switched to Ganondorf, went back to DK in Brawl when Ganondorf sucked, and now both are mediocre so I play them both lol. Although I must say that I simply will not play as Ganondorf without customs anymore, there is no point. There's only so far you can get with him before it just becomes repetition alone. At least with customs it brings some variety vs. characters he would normally never beat otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Power characters in general, really. (Except :4dedede:, the mobility is 2good.) Most of them have a horrible time approaching through projectiles, so I just feel bad whenever I win against one as :4rob:or:4pacman:.
I also feel bad for:4greninja:whenever I see one online, just because their character got unjustly nerfed in the past (same applies to:4bowserjr:).

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Well, I main Link. While there are no general characters I feel bad for... I do tend to get the best of most King DDDs I face, due to being able to reflect the spike balls with arrows, bombs, and everything else. Keeping him at a distance and sniping him (which is something I normally don't do as much) does make me feel kind of bad. But it works.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
:4dk::4bowser::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4charizard::4dedede: All of these characters ... they are target practice

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
The idea that X character should beat Y character almost all of the time is ridiculously silly. Y character may have a bad matchup, but that means they have to put in a little more effort to win against X character. A dedicated main will learn an unfavorable matchup and knows what will and won't work, and that will allow them more of a chance for victory.

Anyone that holds the idea that character placement on any tier list is a larger factor than player skill is incredibly wrong. You bringing up Zero and Diddy to try and defend this shows how mistaken you are. You say that if Zero played Falcon he could be knocked out of top 16 and we wouldn't know who he was. If you payed attention to competitive play recently, you'd know he's swapped to Falcon to try and show people who hold the same opinion as you, and he's still not dropping sets, let alone games. Zero is still easily taking first against other top players using Captain Falcon right now. Zero is a level above everyone else right now, it's his skill as a player, not character selection that is taking him so far. If tier position was largely what decided the outcome of matches, you wouldn't have seen a Duck Hunt and a Pac Man in the top 8 at Apex. Low tier heroes exist, and they exist because if you have great skill you can overcome bad matchups with lower tier characters.

You have an easy time playing against Marths, Lucinas, and Ikes not because you play DK, but because you are presumably a good Donkey Kong. You can exploit Ike's weakness in his recovery not because you picked DK, but because you know the match up and you're good enough with DK to punish it. A good Ike will try to recover smarter to stop you from being able to gimp them. Many other characters can gimp Ike, it doesn't mean Ike should always lose against them though. A great Ike will beat an average DK. A great DK will beat an average Ike. A great DK versus a great Ike will go either way depending on how they play. A bad matchup does not mean that the lesser character will always lose. It means that the player must play smarter than his opponent to overcome the bad matchup.

A great Ganon can easily beat a projectile spamming Duck Hunt. A great Ganon will have a hard time beating a Duck Hunt that uses his projectiles in smart ways to cover options. Everything comes down to which player is playing smarter. In Melee tournaments, when M2K is playing a bad player he'll use Zelda instead of shiek, even if the bad player is using a top tier. M2K's incredible fundimentals allow him to completely annihilate bad players, even using in his opinion the second worst character in the game. In Smash 4, the worst character is a lot more viable than Melee Zelda, and being a low tier hero is easier accomplished now than back then.

The Japanese tier list is the only 'big' list out right now that has Marth, Ike, and Lucina near the bottom. One of the common things that is said when Americans look at that tier list is 'Wow, why do they hate the Fire Emblem characters?' You have to keep in mind that no tier list right now is correct, and the Japanese have a different meta than we do. They probably don't have a Mr. E like we do slaying with Marth.

You point to one tier list to support your idea that Marth, Lucina, and Ike are garbage? I can point to many more including our Smash Boards voted list, the Reddit list, and even Event hubs (shudder). That's a lot of people that don't think these three are at the bottom. Please don't subscribe to just one tier list and treat it like gospel, it's too early in the games life for that, and all these lists are going to be obsolete after the 15th.

It's perfectly okay if you believe that Marth, Lucina, and Ike are bad characters, but please base your judgement off of your own experience, and not what any tier list tells you. No tier list this early in the game's life is correct and final.

Unfavorable matchups exist, but please don't disregard player skill when trying to predict an outcome to a match. It's a toxic way of thinking, our game isn't as simple as rock, paper, scissors. The smash community doesn't need more thinking like that at the moment. Spreading ideas like that just really bothers me.

Tiers matter, but player skill matters more.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I don't feel bad for any specific character, just when I come up against someone really, really terrible. Like, matches that I end within 30 seconds. I just kinda feel like a jerk for completely murdering people, but I do it anyway. I mean, what am I supposed to do, lose on purpose?
In situations like that I like to switch to characters I'm not as skilled with, to hopefully give the opponent more breathing room.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When I'm playing as Rosalina at least, without a shadow of a doubt:

-All of the heavyweights. Way too easy to trap.
-Marth and Lucina. I outrange them and they tend to not realise it, and I am able to make Luma run CIRCLES around their attacks. I probably do the whole "using Luma as a separate entity" thing best against these two.
-Captain Falcon. I've rarely lost to one, and I feel like he's completely out of his element against Rosalina.
-Ness, but only because of his recovery. Otherwise, he'd be pretty decent for this match-up. However, he's way too easy to gimp.
-Kirby. He's a football for me. I've been pummelled by Kirbys on occasion in my early 3DS days, but nowadays I pretty much never lose to them.

I'd put down Little Mac too but every Little Mac I have played on the Wii U version seems to have a terrible connection and thus I can't play properly, meaning I don't get by their super armour on their Smash Attacks. Normally though, I finish the match pretty quickly.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Warning Received
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad so do you feel bad for those characters as you first see them or are you just listing the characters you know u are going to ****?

Moderator Edit: Censor dodge fix.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad so do you feel bad for those characters as you first see them or are you just listing the characters you know u are going to ****?
They are characters that my Rosalina tends to cause trouble for.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Shulk.

Everyone thinks is just Start with Speed, Change to Buster and Finish with Smash. It's just so predictable.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is going to sound weird, but... :4diddy:.

He's one of the few characters I don't usually have a lot of trouble against, because my :4palutena: tends to catch them off guard.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly could add Diddy to me list as well. I find him very predictable. He isn't as good as everyone says he is.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I honestly could add Diddy to me list as well. I find him very predictable. He isn't as good as everyone says he is.
It's better to say that in the hands of a great player that diddy is probably #1. In the hands of a mediocre to good player, he is not invincible.

Ever since I became a pretty damn good player I've only met one great diddy online, and I'm friends with him on nintendos network as a result.

Last edited:

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
You took the words right out of my mouth. I am a ZSS player and I feel really bad when I get paired against a DK player online, because the matchup is completely stacked against them.
Definitely my favorite heavyweight to fight as ZSS. Heavyweights/big characters are easier to hit with multiple aerials, and DK is the easiest. Easier to approach than Bowser or DDD because he lacks that fire breath or giant hammer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's better to say that in the hands of a great player that diddy is probably #1. In the hands of a mediocre to good player, he is not invincible.

Ever since I became a pretty damn good player I've only met one great diddy online, and I'm friends with him on nintendos network as a result.
No, I don't believe he is the best even in the highest level of play.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
It's ness' Pk fire that's annoying, not his dethrow to aerial combo while either are at low %s. The answer to that with Dk is to always stay in the air and throw out back kicks and only engage on the ground when they aren't expecting it. I have no issues against ness anymore, against great ness' I can win at least half the time, losing the other half because i always go off the ledge and try to challenge ness' pkthunder recovery and get hit sometimes with pkt2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a Diddy main, I feel no sympathy in crushing anyone's pathetic character. :4diddy:

hoo hah.png

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I don't feel sorry for any characters online as if you are good enough then you can use anyone.

Offline wise, probably Jigglypuff due to her higher launch rate, and also any heavy characters as they are larger targets for my attacks.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I feel sorry for DP players. As one myself, I figured out everyone likes to use the Electroshock Arm way too much. So easy to punish.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Any slow or large Characters... :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4ganondorf::4myfriends: etc they are easy prey for Sonic.

There is one exception though... :4littlemac:'s that don't know that they shouldn't leave center stage are so easy to fight. The amount of Macs I've two stocked in FG in less than 30 seconds is hilarious. Shield their dash attack or SideB, grab out of shield, Backthrow, then just keep them off with Bair's and springs. Easy.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4lucina: She sucks so bad. Easy target, readable counter, crappy aerials. I just use yo-yos, Dair, PK Flash and other garbage, but it just makes me feel bad. Once I charged PK Flash because I wanted to give Lucina a chance. And she whiffed S Smash, and Flash killed her brutally. It was so sad.
:4marth:Same as above. They put up a better fight, but I kill them with the garbage like Dsmash and Dair.
:4kirby: Punish him every time and I kill them with Dair and PK Flash. And that is sad. And B Throw kills them earlier and Bair and Uair kills him too.
:4bowserjr:I don't even play Ness against him. Easy target, easiest to gimp, punishable. Awful. I use Link, but I think that is worse because I can wall Bowser Jr. all day long with bombs, boomerang, Zair, and Bair. Up B? GIMPED.
:4dedede: First they wrecked me, but now it's the opposite and I feel bad. Giant target, slow, Nair, Bair and Fair hits him no matter what he does. Pivot grab everything he does and gimped easily.
:4charizard: Mostly the same as DDD. Except that if it is a spammer, I harass with PK Thunder to make him waste his jumps, and he finishes Up B I use Dair to kill them. The disrespect is real.
:4ganondorf: Kill him with PK Flash. It's really sad.

Top Bottom