• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character should I use and what to do

Veng

Smash Ace
I know i know i know this isnt asking for the best brawl character!!!

But my question is I want to get into competitive smash, like the most competitive ive ever been, is the mindset, and just basicly I can do some short hops but like 60% of the time, and all I usually do is dodge then roll then c stick or TRY to SH and nair or fair or something.

But I really want to get into the competitive smash stuff. But theres 2 problems.

1, is what would be the BEST and EASIEST character to do this with? obviously its not gonna be ice climbers. So you know what im saying.

And whats a good video or thread to read/watch about gettin competitive?

Thanks.

Ichida

Smash Ace
There's no single correct answer. As there are no tiers to indicate who's popular for competition yet, the best answer is to practice with everybody and discover whose fighting style and moveset you can easily adapt to and fight with.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
Yeah,
You should just experiment, see who you like,
then look up strategies for that character
everyones easy when u practice enough!

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
Yeah,
You should just experiment, see who you like,
then look up strategies for that character
everyones easy when u practice enough!

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Ok here is my take

The easiest person who can be a pro character is meta knight. Really annoying and he is heavy and fast

One word to describe him: overpowered

On advanced play:

Combos Combos Combos. Some work on some characters and not on others. Experiment.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Ok here is my take

The easiest person who can be a pro character is meta knight. Really annoying and he is heavy and fast

One word to describe him: overpowered

On advanced play:

Combos Combos Combos. Some work on some characters and not on others. Experiment.
Don't listen to this guy hes nonsense.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Support it?

Meta Knight will probably be top tier material. Its the sad truth

Good recovery, strong, fast and heavier than most characters
Gladly. He is one of the lightest characters in the game so the fact that you would use heavy as a plus is a dead giveaway to shananigans. he is not strong, one of the main gripes about him is his lack of kill moves. il give you good recover and fast. He is a great character, but the best...no sorry.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Gladly. He is one of the lightest characters in the game so the fact that you would use heavy as a plus is a dead giveaway to shananigans. he is not strong, one of the main gripes about him is his lack of kill moves. il give you good recover and fast. He is a great character, but the best...no sorry.
Downsmash says hi.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Support it?

Meta Knight will probably be top tier material. Its the sad truth

Good recovery, strong, fast and heavier than most characters
Sure, Meta Knight's fast and has some interesting moves, but he isn't strong at all. That's why most of his attacks hit fast and multiple times, as long as you hit it right.

Downsmash says hi.
Law of averages says hi. :p

The Flaming Lugi

Smash Cadet
Hard Question, Get a character you like the PM me and i can tell u some ways to play with that char. I chose ike and i learned that he has long range sword attacks and sends people flying at 30%. His deflector is very usefull,and if someone is above(tocuhing head) or on the side of you, you can use your B to send em flying if you have perfect timing.

Top Bottom