• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character(s) have you dropped?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
:4robinf:didnt enjoy playing her after a month
:4villager:felt too spammy to enjoy
:rosalina:my friends started hating me xD

im starting to use robin more in friendlies, but these characters generally i don't use often or at all

TommyLachance27

Smash Rookie
NNID
TommyLachance25
3DS FC
3540-2646-6985
Once mained :4zelda:, but my friends kept getting angry with me whenever I won with her, calling her "trash" and other stuff. I still occasionally play her when I'm alone though.
I also main Zelda and none of my friends was angry at me for that because I used Zelda.. I hate that when people call her trash or other things like that

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
:4mario:Uair, Uair, UAIr!
:4zss:She doesn't live up to the Nairo hype.
:4link: Being the only Link in FG who doesn’t spam, then gets told to stop spamming. I still will use to rub salt.
PS I now how to bomb slide and z drop
:4diddy:Never could get the conversions right.
:4marth:Similar to Link, except spamming c stick.
:4gaw:I respect whoever gets this to work.
:4metaknight:Not enough pivoting.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
:4sonic: : Kinda got bored playing him seriously.
:4zss: : Moved on to other characters.
:rosalina: : Didn't enjoy her enough to keep maining her.
:4pit: : Though I still use Pit on occasion, I still love playing as him. Just not as a main.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
:4sonic:: used to play him in brawl but couldn't convert to using him in sm4sh properly
:4villager:: dropped him to a secondary, im not as good with him as id like to be
:4pacman:: way too much tech and skill with item management

MrSaek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSaek
I have dropped Marth and Shulk, These characters i do play as against my not so good friends. But overall i love the characters its just the results i get i do not enjoy them one bit because the MUs are ridiculous as them.

D

Deleted member

:4marth:Just don't enjoy how he plays in this game, no matter how hard I could try.
:4diddy:I found Diddy linear and uninteresting to play as overtime.
:4ness:Didn't like his sluggish mobility and being constantly gimped.
:4wario:Way, way less fun than he was in Brawl.
:4metaknight:Ditto.
:4samus:If only you were good.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
I'm very indecisive with my mains. I've dropped:
:4bowserjr:, :4charizard:, :4dedede:, :4darkpit:, :4diddy:, :4duckhunt:, :4ganondorf:, :4lucario:, :4luigi:, :4marth:, :4mewtwo:, :4ness:, :4pacman:, :4palutena:, :4pikachu:, :4robinm:, :4ryu:, :4tlink:, :4villager:, :4wario:, :4wiifitm:. Now that I look back upon it, I realize how hilarious my main history has been.

As for my current mains/Secondaries/Pockets, etc.: :4lucas:(I haven't dropped him since the day he came out. He is the reason why I quit Ness.), :4alph: (I love Pikmin.), :4cloud2: (Just fun for some mindless victories.), :4corrin: (Random. I find him fun.), :4drmario:(Like Mario but less played. I'm that edgy kid that always picks the lesser played characters. As you can see in my list, I have WFT, Robin, and Palutena.), :4littlemac: (I don't know.), :4megaman: (He's one of those characters that I don't play expecting to win, I just think he is really fun.), :4feroy: (Like Mega Man, but i'm even less likely to win.),

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I main :4charizard: you probably think i'm bonkers for maining him but i'll go into my reasons after I tell you about the characters I dropped.

:4ludwig: my first secondary, however I'm far worse with him than I am with charizard. I once got asked if I was new by a sore loser on FG because I basically just used side b with other moves thrown in for flavor. I often throw him out there when I get bored but I don't do it often.

:4wiifit: used herat almost the same time and i'm actually worse with her than I am with the other two. Projectile spammers just don't do it for me, I prefer using tilts, smashes and aerials but her range was crap and it was just one loss after another with her. I dropped her like a hot potato and never looked back.

:4palutena: This one is beyond sad. I found her fun in KI:Uprising. However, remember how I said I liked smashes and tilts? Her tilts and smashes are VERY situational and some of them are super difficult to hit with. For every smash or tilt I connect with I miss around ten other times. Inconsistency like that just doesn't work for me.

Now on to my main.
:4charizard: I've always been a massive zard fan and I play him pretty well in FG, between his specials, easy to use up and down smashes, and super fast tilts I managed to gain wins against matches he'd typically do poorly against just because I learned him so well I'm just that decent with him (though I'm not perfect). People may use Bowser or DK but honestly everyone uses those two super-heavies and I just have one word for that :BORING! Give me a olimar main or someone who uses one of the koopalings over that! I will admit though I've been a zard main ever since he popped up in brawl and have been using him ever since.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4fox:
I dropped Fox a LONG time ago. I was playing too carelessly with him and lost to him multiple times back then, and I don't want to go back to him any time soon.

:4dedede:
I'm used to how :dedede:played. Here, the King feels awkward. I stopped using him in FG for this reason.

:4darkpit:
Dark Pit just got pretty boring real fast.

:4lucina:
After :4marth:got buffed, Lucina became useless to me.

:4megaman: Despite being High TIer now, Mega Man started to feel too demanding even back then.

Nah

Smash Champion
Once upon a time I used to play :rosalina:

But then I stopped, as I felt that the character was beyond me and I hated fighting against swordies

:4corrinf::4lucina: are in some sort of limbo. They're my next most used characters after :4robinf:, but I kind of want to more or less drop them for someone....more practical. But I haven't really done it yet since, besides not being sure where to start looking for this better secondary, I'm like eh what would it matter anyway, I'm just some nobody going nowhere, it's not really gonna be of help

Roy Kuchiki

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1582-4628-5796
:4sonic:: Wasn't enthused about Sonic compared to :sonic:and only used him before DLC became a thing.
:4feroy:: Dropped him after patches nerfed him heavily.
:4cloud2:: Loved him when he was OP

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...the beginning of this year, I dropped :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: for a silly reason: when they're knocked down into a lying down position, their facial expressions are disturbing to look at. Now, that's not to say I'm giving up on them since they've been demoted to secondaries. The queen of time-space :rosalina: is who I will pick up and learn to start the year off right with :4peach: and :4bowserjr: as my other faves.

Roy Kuchiki

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1582-4628-5796
Roy was never nerfed though?
Your joking right...

Ok yes if you wish to be the accurate wiki here, not any nerfs. Got it, but those minor buffs did nothing good for Roy, he's no where near as great as he was in the very beginning of his release in smash 4.

I'm not saying he's trash either, he's good with patience and effort, but compared to the beginning, there's a big difference.

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I've gone through a lot of characters throughout my history of playing this game. Some of the ones I've dropped are:

:4ness: (Could never really get a handle on how to play him)
:4cloud: (Played him for a while and then realized he was stupidly OP)
:4megaman: (Wasn't really a fan of nearly his entire moveset being projectiles)
:4bowserjr: (Not really sure what happened with this one; loved him when I started playing, but played him less and less over time until I just stopped playing him altogether)

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Here's my graveyard of secondaries
:4pit:-Didn't have fun with him
:4pikachu:-Hated his low damage output
:4diddy:-His recovery and air movement felt really awkward. Plus, the noise he makes when he walks was ear grating to me
:4cloud2:-Played him when he first came out before he got really hyped up. Dropped him because of his recovery and I felt like I was winning fights I shouldn't have been. It wasn't satisfying.
:4jigglypuff:-She was one of my secondaries since 64. She's just so bad though and I... I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm sorry Puff, I'm so sorry
:4kirby:-He was my most used in 64, Melee, and second most used in Brawl. Now the spark I had for playing as him is gone. He's become my least favorite to play as.
:4bowser:-The uthrow buff ruined him for me. He feels so one dimensional now.
:4yoshi:-Try as I might, I could never get behind his playstyle.
:4shulk:-"What do I do."-Me in every match I've played as Shulk. Shame too, I love Xenoblade and Shulk was the second character I was most hyped for :(

The secondaries I always come back to are :4duckhunt: and :4charizard:, though I'm on and off with them. In the end, I just consider myself a solo :4alph:main. He's my favorite character and he's the only one I have fun playing as regardless if I win or lose.

Nah

Smash Champion
Your joking right...

Ok yes if you wish to be the accurate wiki here, not any nerfs. Got it, but those minor buffs did nothing good for Roy, he's no where near as great as he was in the very beginning of his release in smash 4.

I'm not saying he's trash either, he's good with patience and effort, but compared to the beginning, there's a big difference.
change in public perception =/= nerfs

the quality of the character himself has never been changed, since as we've both noted he has never received any significant buffs or nerfs via patches

people just finally realized he wasn't as good as he was initially made out to be

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
:4falcon:: Didn't really feel like my style
:4sonic:: I was becoming a for glory sonic, and I wasn't getting wins anyway
:4dedede:: I would have still mained him if not for the nerfs.
:4yoshi:: No dependable combo throws
I have been maining:4metaknight: for around 2 months, and I think this one's a keeper.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I currently main :4lucina: and :4feroy:, while having :4marth:, :4myfriends:, :4cloud:, :4palutena:, :4drmario:, :4link: and :4ganondorf: as secondaries. I have dropped :4pit:, :4darkpit: and :4shulk: since mainly because I found characters that I both like and suit my play style more.

KeepTheLegacy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1006-3169-3915
Picked up and dropped quite a few, but here's my list (or a list that I can remember.)

:4zss:Played her a lot when I first got the game back in 2014. I'm talking maybe a solid year. This was when I had no competitive knowledge of the game (which I consider to be better times.)

:4marth:My first ever actual main. I played him the most. He was my main for about a year as well (2016) since he was taught to me for fundamentals. I dropped the character multiple times because I couldn't handle the aspect of zoning and the issue of when people got into my space, but I also picked up the character over and over after the drops because I couldn't put him down. I honestly loved the character, and he was the only one that I was able to use well at my current level (beginner.)

:4ryu:Still a goal for me. I bought him because I was always entertained by the idea of having Ryu in Smash Bros. But I can't use him well on 3DS, so I dropped him. Maybe one day once I am able to get a Wii U/Switch, I'll try again (since he is legitimately a goal - for me to main him.)

:4lucina:I also used Lucina as either a pair with :4marth:or by herself. She fit me better than Marth since I couldn't hit tippers consistently, but I flip-flopped between the two because Marth had a lot more kill options. He still doesn't fit me well, so I just stuck with Lucina for a bit, but dropped her due to my playstyle.

:4falcon:Falcon is a character that fit my playstyle the most (an aggro bait & punish) but since I was too used to having a sword after maining Marcina for so long, I couldn't use this character. So I dropped him as well.

:4pit::4darkpit:I do remember using the Pits for a bit. I used Dark Pit more since his side B was stronger, but I also used Pit for his arrow control. To this day I have no idea why I dropped them.

:4myfriends:I did entertain the idea of maining Ike for a bit. I guess I didn't like him very much since he was a lot slower than Marcina, which is something I'm not used to. Like Marth, I played him a lot in Brawl, but I guess since I started my competitive journey, his speed is something that held me back from maining him.

:4falco:Falco was also an option for me to start my competitive journey with, but Marth was chosen for me instead.

:4fox:I did also mess around with Fox, but his speed was just a bit too fast for me. I do like playing faster characters, but Fox was very hard to control, and he was also difficult for me to use.

:4ganondorf:I did play Ganon for a short time, but his recovery held me back from choosing him as a main.

:4dk:Messed around with him for a bit. I could extended dash dance with him like I could with Marcina, Falcon, etc. but I just couldn't use him correctly.

:4mario:I did try to learn Mario, but I found myself not knowing what to do with him (just like Falcon,) so I ended up going for grabs a lot. Dropped him as well.

:4feroy:And now for my current main: Roy. Roy seems to fit my playstyle the best at the moment. It is daunting using a character that has quite a number of bad matchups, and his weaknesses kind of threw me off in the beginning as well, but I really want to work with him to improve. I don't have the biggest competitive dreams - a local scene is as far as I will go. So finding a character that suits me and that I generally have fun with is more of a priority to me than choosing someone who is good.

I may also entertain the idea of going back to :4ryu:or :4zss:down the line, and I may even head back to :4marth:once I am better at the game. I love these characters to death, so the thought of being able to use them when I am adequate enough to do so is super exciting, and it makes me happy.

Well, that's my list. I did go through a **** ton of characters, to be honest. xD

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
In order of who I dropped
:4kirby: I played him when I was a noob
:4link: I tried to replace the amount of times I have played Kirby with Link.
:4tlink: When I played Toon link I ditched link and started playing toon link.
:4pikachu: I picked him up but now I just don't like him
:4kirby: Yes I picked up Kirby again and actually tried to get good with him but then I got board of him.

So now I play :4duckhunt: and :4tlink:

Last edited:

Linkip

Smash Cadet
In order,

:4falco: He was my main in Brawl so i just played him first. I didn't really get bored of him but i just decided i didn't like his move pool for some reason..
I can't really remember why.

:4marth: I really didn't go well with Marth.
I just couldn't rack up damage and if i did i just couldn't kill.
We'll touch on Marth again later.

:4pikachu: For a little while i was duel maining Pika and Mario but i dropped them both pretty close together. He just didn't click with me.

:4mario: I still play Mario. But he isn't my main more of a secondary. He's really fun but i got bored of his model, sounds and using up-air.
True story.

:4dk: He was a secondary when i played Mario and i think he held on for a little longer then Pika but i just decided i prefer almost all the other heavy weights except maybe Dedede.

:4lucina: I just played her as a secondary and then continued doing it. For some reason i can just work with Lucina and Marth now.

:4marth: Yeah i decided after Lucina i would try Marth as a secondary and i had fun. But for some reason i just kinda stopped.

:4yoshi: For a bit i duel mained Yoshi and Mewtwo but i dropped Yoshi and never looked back.

:4falcon:Oh i almost forgot. Falcon is fun at first but just gets really boring.

I'm pretty sure that's all.
Phew.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
:4bowserjr: This guy was the one I was most hyped for in this game. His moveset just looked so interesting. And after seeing Tweek wreck people with him I was sold. But honestly this guy gave me a lot of bad habits in my play that I am still working to fix. And sadly his frame data and overall defensive game were lacking. He's been relegated to pocket/for fun status but if he gets buffed I'll give him another chance.

:4falcon:SHOW ME YA MOVES! I love playing as Falcon, and his movement felt really slick. But again I got bad habits from using him. Constantly dashing towards opponents instead of being methodical, being unable to dash trot, and throwing out attacks and mashing buttons like no tomorrow are all things that made it difficult for me to improve my Falcon. I really do wish I was better with his movement, but at least I'm good enough with him to style in more casual games with friends and for fun.

:4ryu: I couldn't master the True Shoryuken and kept Tatsuing to my death offstage. If I were to pick a solo main, this would've been it, had it not been for the introduction of :4cloud:. However, his movement being too awkward and me not being super committed to playing this game seriously meant I didn't think Ryu was worth the time and effort.

:4sonic: I liked playing as him but he tended to make my opponents salty. It didn't bother me online but in person it definitely did and with my friends I would use other characters. Besides, I got kinda bored with his playstyle of constantly waiting for someone else to make the first move.

:4charizard: Felt way too sluggish. I love the idea of playing as one of my favourite pokemon but compared to :4bowser: he didn't prove anywhere near as satisfying to play.

Top Bottom