• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character(s) have you dropped?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
This thread is the opposite of "Which character(s) do you ride or die with?". If you ever tried to pick up a character to be your main or secondary but in the end you have dropped him write it here and tell why. I start with:

:4gaw: He is the character I played for the longest time that isn't Rosalina or Robin. I even used it once in a tournament and he is a legit cool character but I had so many issues KO'ing opponent besides usmash that I had to drop him.

:4marth: I picked him up after I beat a friend of mine (who at the time was way stronger than me) and I really like his playstyle but unfortunately he was so weak (it was before the incredible buffs) that I end up give up trying.

:4zss: I had a quite legit (read: I could win one or two matches) ZSS when I started playing but after a short time I didn't play her I couldn't even move properly with her and I end up not using her outside of rare tme in friendlies.

Here you go :)

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
:4fox: I've stuck with Falco since melee, and this includes in Sm4sh. Switching from Falco to Fox in Sm4sh isnt the same as switching from Lucina to Marth AT ALL. Falco's moveset is different from Fox's moveset now and since I was too stubborn to not drop Falco, I decided to drop Fox instead. I will say that i don't regret choosing Falco over Fox 100%

:4marth: Lucina fits me much better. Less spacing is require with Lucina and although she lacks the tip that Marth has, I can still do the same mix-ups most of the time. I don't think I've ever touched Marth again after switching to Lucina

:4pikachu: Pikachu used to be my go-to and last resort character but since the release of Corrin who fit my playstyle almost perfectly well, my Pikachu hasnt seen much of the tournament scene. I do occasionally play Pikachu to piss off some friends i play friendlies with but I don't think I'll be going to Pikachu in a tournament game anymore.

:4bayonetta: I played her for a while but when I played friendlies with a friend and saw how much he hated me for playing her (And i mean he ****ing put plastic wrap on my toilet), I just dropped her overall. When you see people clearly not enjoying the game it really doesnt make the game enjoyable for yourself either.

:4megaman: Too projectile heavy... I cant keep track with all the chaos that comes with Megaman...

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hm...

:4link:: I just don't give him as much attention as I used to. Link's still one of my favorite characters, but there are other characters that just interest me more.
:4robinm:: I remember being hyped for this guy, and I liked the idea of a magic swordsman. But it was the running speed I can't stand. He also didn't really suit my fighting style either, as it turns out.
:4zss:: Just like Link, I don't give her much attention in this game. And I don't really see myself going back to her from the days of launch either.

Last edited:

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
Sigh, so many I want to play, but so few I'm fully comfortable with.

:4fox: I'm gonna put Fox her because I honestly want to drop him, but he won't leave me alone. I feel so dynamic with him at times, so overwhelming and great at dishing out pressure. I rack up damage...then what? I can't get the up smash setup. I can't land that up air or bair, I just can't land the kills with him sometimes and I also just feel like :4mario: does the same things for me but I have that back through or that giant head to net me some kills.

:4myfriends: A great character from move set to audio to origin. But his playstyle is a little bland to me. He helped me learn the glory of the tilt stick, but I feel like I've outgrown him a bit.

:4lucario: I like most of his moveset but I began to feel like if I wan't basically throwing aura spheres or side B out pretty much all the time then i was being ineffective.

:4shulk: The first character I really committed to playing. I went a long time without losing to my friends with this guy, but they didn't know what they were doing, and neither did I. I soon learned that though he has a giant lightsaber, he's not the greatest character and he's pretty tough to be efficient with.

:4bowserjr: Ah, Bowser Jr. He's in a car that's basically the equivalent of Batman's utility belt. His down tilt is a tongue and his uptilt is a fork for God's sake. So unique, so cool. I just don't feel as good with him, though I may commit some time to him in the future just to have him as a pocket. Him or :4lucas:.

:4metaknight: I still play him in friendlies etc. from time to time, and I do enjoy playing him. I'm just better with others. I could never get the up air ladder right, even before the nerf. I'll probably still go to him every once in a while, but may never really consider him as a main again.

:4tlink::4megaman:Two characters that I really wanted to pick up as secondaries, but I didn't really mesh with them that well. A heavy projectile game can be fun but I don't really think it's for me.

I'm doing the best to stay committed to :4mewtwo: and :4mario:. Going to a tournament this weekend and I intend to only play these two characters, so we'll see how that goes.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
:4mario: For some reason, he just didn't feel RIGHT for me. I was ok with him, but I just couldn't get results like I wanted
:4myfriends: Still love Ike, but I just could not figure out how to make him work.
:4falcon: Another fun one, but again, could't really make him work. I was an overly predictable Falcon and I couldn't ever fully get used to him. Oh well, Falcon dittos are still fun

My final roster for the foreseeable future is :4link:, :4bowser:, then :4tlink: for some MU's.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So it's kind of hard for myself to say which I have dropped. But here's some characters that I had dropped for a long time. While ones that I'm planning to drop (There are a few on my sig I'm planning to drop).

So characters I am using the most recently are: :4cloud::4mario::rosalina::4myfriends::4shulk:

:4cloud:- One of the hypest character so far, I have decide to main him ever since he was revealed, no jokking. And maining Cloud, I might expect myself becoming a real FF fan (I was only half- attention on FF news and stuff, but I was never like a huge fan of it). Kind of sad the PS was actually one of the first had console I had ever played, my aunt never bought FF VII or any good games for her PS.
:4mario:- Two words: nuff said.
:rosalina:- Probably the only newcomer (And definitely the only Mario character) I had hope to be in Smash. I had used to thought her inclusion was a long shot. So I mained her not because of her tier (Hell, I have never thought she was OP until National Smash Bros 3DS Tournament), it's because I really like this character.
:4myfriends:- Kind of ironic that one of the character that used to pissed me off so much in Brawl eventually becoming the best FE character I could main so far. I mained him back in the late Brawl days. After he was nerf in Smash4, my brothers dropped Ike quickly. They were dumb since we all know Ike did eventually get tons of buff over the patches and updates. Now My Ike can even beat my brother's tough and decent Marth occasionally.
:4shulk:- I have said this many times, I hate leaks, especially ones that were eventually real. Gematsu and ESRB leaks were no exception. That's why I used to against Shulk being in Smash, and I wasn't really that hyped after seeing his trailer. But after I witness his game and even played it. Now he is my solid main next to Mario and Rosalina.
I am also trying get good with :4lucina: and:4feroy:

:4fox:- dropped since Brawl. I remember he was the first character I picked when I play Smash Bros for the first time in my life (I was playing Melee). Probably it's because at that time I played Starfox 64, and it was the first game that I manage to complete it by myself. After I saw how bad he was in Brawl, I gave up using him.

:4ness:- dropped since Smash4, yeah, after Smash4 I dropped him, because there were just too many other good characters to use. And Ness really don't fit me when it comes to play Smash competitively.

:popo:- Dropped since Smash4, duh...

:4lucas:- dropped since Smash4, similar to Ness, I dropped him because he doesn't fit my taste.

:4pacman: - I used plan of maining him, but I later found out he's too hard to use, at least for me.

:4olimar:- Like Pacman, too technical for me to use.

Here are characters that I'm planning to drop:
:4kirby:- I don't really use him much recently, so I might move him out of my main even my secondary list.

:4link::4tlink:- Kind of a hard choice, I don't really want to drop these two characters because they were the first sword fighters I mained for a long time.

"Which character(s) do you ride or die with?"
Thread link plz?

D

Deleted member

:4dedede:

It really, really gut me to drop Dedede. He's my favorite video game character and the one I've generally enjoyed the most throughout the Smash series ever since his introduction in Brawl, playing one of the faces of one of my top Nintendo series felt great to me. His terrible frame data and mobility just made it a massive struggle in so many matchups, and I don't want to deal with that.

:4myfriends:

Once :4cloud: popped into existence Ike basically went buh-bye.

:4charizard:
No matter how my chances I give him, I just can't get into Charizard. :4bowser: and :4dk: are far more enjoyable superheavies to me.

:4wario:

Had him as a secondary to Dedede for a while, and I did have some good fun with him. However his high learning curve really offset me overtime, despite how much I love Wario as a character and was a fan of his Brawl incarnation. In this game his neutral just feels so shallow to me, and his issues with taking a stock off efficiently made me realize he wasn't the character I wanted.

:4lucas:
Him feeling far less satisfying to me than :4ness: as the months went on and his significant nerfs from Brawl contributed to me dropping him. Gonna miss you,:lucas:.

:4gaw:

I don't like being able to play as a "glass cannon" who can't kill.

:4kirby:

His poor range, mobility and approach were something I didn't particularly enjoy. Sucks considering he's another character I enjoyed in previous games (I main him in 64, toyed around with him in Brawl).

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I haven't dropped many characters, but I have changed mains since Brawl a bit:

Main changes:
:kirby2: Back in the super casual days, Kirby was the first character that I really liked playing as. (Yes I spammed stone, hammer, and jumps like every kid who played Brawl kirby) But then all my friends in my neighborhood also started maining Kirby, I was tired of Kirby dittos where you can't even copy your opponent's power, and I wanted to stand out, so I demoted Kirby to secondary and looked for a new main.

:lucario: Lucario was next up for my main in brawl, as I really liked his command grab side B and his aura sphere that can hit people while charging, and I liked pokémon! Funnily enough, I never even found out about Lucario's aura mechanic until the hype train leading into smash 3DS, so I just thought I suddenly played much better when I was in danger, so I stuck with Lucario. I was super hyped to main him again in smash 4, but after the 2 year gap where I played pretty much no smash, I found that I really didn't like playing as Lucario anymore. He was too boring, and he felt different even though very little was changed. I knew I wasn't going to main him after a short time, so I found that I loved King Dedede, and stuck with him to this day

Dropped from pocket status:
:4olimar: I thought for a time that I would pick up Olimar, but I quickly found out that I actually had no idea what I was doing, so I decided that it would be way too much work to pick up this character to play him just for fun.

:4cloud: Cloud's inclusion in smash was really hype for me, even though I've never played a game he was involved in. It was just so unexpected and awesome! I played him a ton the week of his release and I feel I even got pretty good with him, then I realized just how toxic this character was. He encouraged a really campy annoying playstyle, he was way too easy to get wins with for the time invested in him, and as a result I felt like a jerk when I won and like a noob when I lost. I decided to never touch Cloud again.

:4miibrawl: Back when everyone thought Mii Brawler was OP, I tried him out a bit, considered him a pocket, but realized later that he wasn't really that fun or good.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Does :4darkpit:count?... I mean, it's not like I DROPPED dropped him or anything, if you catch my drift, it's just... once I decided I'd try playing Lucina seriously instead of just messing around with her, I never played a single match with this cute little guy ever again. Such a shame, too, he's good and quite fun...

I kinda "dropped" :4sheik:in this same sense as well, then. I was labbing her for a bit when I decided I'd play Lucina more seriously instead. I was planning on going on a massively long labbing session with Sheik once I got the Wii U version of the game, but I guess I'll do it with Lucie instead.

And :rosalina:... Well, my friend kept pestering me to play her since my playstyle apparently suits her, so I did. I played Rosalina for about an hour and decided I'd never touch her again, so you can say I dropped her before I even had the chance to main her.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm:
The moment they were revealed I was determined to main them as my hype factor was off the charts. Wii Fit was even the very first character I attempted once I got my copy of Smash U and even played around with them for quite a few months. Sadly things never usually go how we expect. I didn't make that great of a Wii Fit Trainer and eventually started to lose interest in them. It was pretty saddening.

:4gaw:
Someone who I considered to be one of my very bests in Brawl. My friends could never beat my Game & Watch and he was a blast to play as; however once Smash U came out I started doing terrible with him. I don't exactly know what kind of buffs/nerfs he's received total in Smash U but it feels like I can't do much of anything with him anymore. I get my butt handed to me very easily in For Glory and I just can't preform as well with him anymore. I still try my hardest to use him sometimes but I might as well count my loss's.

:4littlemac:
Just kidding, I never touch Little Mac to begin with as he argues with my play-style too much.

:4pacman:
I don't know if I should consider Pac-Man dropped, or as a pocket character. He was yet another I was absolutely hyped for and I absolutely love how he plays. He can be such an absolute trickster and I love it; however sometimes I get my butt handed to me so easily when using him it makes me second guess it. I still pull him out sometimes although it's pretty rare for me to do so these days.

Last edited:

Smilker

Smash Rookie
:4shulk:- I had to drop the man who could see the future simply because he was just too intricate for me. I could never get good at mastering his monado arts or even landing solid combos. Although this was back in the 3ds beginning days, but even now he is still not my sort of character

:4pit:-His combos were great and all off of a down combo, but I was barely ever able to land a solid kill with this character because his moves were not meant for killing easily unless it's his back air. I still use him from time to time out of boredom but he has sadly dropped from my list of actual characters I play for real.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:4bowser:
:4bowserjr:
:4duckhunt:
:4falco:
:4fox:
:4lucario:
:4mario:
:4mewtwo:
:4ness:
:4olimar:
:4pikachu:
:4pit:
:4robinm:
:4robinf:
:4samus:
:4zss:
:4tlink:
:4villager:
:4wario2:
:4wiifit:
:4wiifitm:
I dropped all of these guys, because I can't seem to click with one of them. Actually, Robin is the only one that clicks with me, but too much people play him. Or rather, her. I see more Female Robins than Male, anyway.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I dropped all of these guys, because I can't seem to click with one of them. Actually, Robin is the only one that clicks with me, but too much people play him. Or rather, her. I see more Female Robins than Male, anyway.
At least I'm not the online one who thinks this way. Male Robin is badass.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
:4sheik: The only reason I considered Sheik at first was because I wanted a character who could counter this annoying Ganondorf I used to face against. Now whenever I try to use Sheik, trying to get a combo game going just doesn't work even before the recent patch. I just couldn't use this character for the life of me so I said "Nope you're going. BYE!"

:4lucina: It really pained me to stop attempting to learn this character but I literally got no where. Which is odd since I used to use Marth in Brawl and I did decent with him. It just didn't translate as well with the new version and despite me actually liking Lucina more I got no where in terms of advancements with her character, while my top 3 I usually go with have excelled far beyond what I original thought and I decided Lucina would be a character I would play only if I were bored.

:4shulk: Another character I really wanted to learn but like Lucina just never went anywhere. I like the concept of his character but I never got good at using it so I just stopped playing as Shulk for a while and just stopped.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Once mained :4zelda:, but my friends kept getting angry with me whenever I won with her, calling her "trash" and other stuff. I still occasionally play her when I'm alone though.

Last edited:

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Once mained :4zelda:, but my friends kept getting angry with me whenever I won with her, calling her "trash" and other stuff. I still occasionally play her when I'm alone though.
You friends sound very rude. I mean hey you do good with Zorldo you do good. If people have a problem with her well then they just need to git gud.

Stroimex

Smash Rookie
:falcon64: Falcon was my first try 64 but I ended making a friend a way better player with him and I stucked with Jigglypuff.
:peachmelee: What can I say? I belive controlling her correctly is not my style at all.
:ness: I sometimes use him to remember good times with his grabs and PK thunder trolling at the edge but couldn't feel he had all I wanted.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
:4falcon:Was my first main back in the 3ds era. Dropped him because I found Meta Knight more interesting and fun to play as. Still lab him and play him in friendlies.

:4greninja:This character has been really really on and off for me. I originally was co-maining him with Falcon, but I dunno he just fell off somehow and I've never really been able to completely pick him back up again. Was looking at him recently as a secondary, but I think I've settled on ZSS for that role.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
:4palutena:; I mained her for the first few months I had the game. But, apparently, her playstyle just.... detached from me. I don't know why. She just felt uncomfortable to play. So I dropped her over half a year ago. I still have a bit of fun playing as her on FF, though.

:4luigi:, purely beacause of the nerfs...

Okay, it really wasn't that. He began to also, like Palutena, feel too weird for me. His traction is awkward, to say the least.

:4ganondorf:. For the first few months I was having an utter blast playing as him. Now, not as much, but still quite enjoyable to kill with the stomp of death.

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
:4greninja:: I had genuine interest in him for the longest time, but I was never able to pull off any of the footstool combos, or any combos for that matter, so I dropped him. (Poor reason, I know.)

:4robinm::4robinf:: Character I was most hyped for, but as others have said, the movement speed really kills Robin for me, hopefully I could get used to it someday.

:4pacman:: Another character I had genuine interest in, but after focusing on Ryu for a while and trying to go back, I just couldn't, I forgot a lot of what Pac-Man could do.

:4ryu:: Tried to learn him as quickly as I could the day I downloaded him, but felt I was subpar after realizing I was pure garbage at performing 623-A.

:4metaknight:: I was never good at up-air ladder.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
:4dedede:Because after maining him for the first 6 months following the game's release it became apparent how bad he was. And receiving no buffs at all the past few years has only meant those buffed have passed him up. Love the character, but can't win with him.

:4villager:Really wanted to main him but I just could never get comfortable with his moveset. The character just doesn't click with me.

:4wario:I've not dropped him yet, but I may be in the process of doing it. Love the character and I am very good with him, but sadly he is looking more and more midtier as the meta evolves. And the more I play him, the more his flaws are annoying me. If I want to WIN, I need to play a better character sadly. Still hoping for some buffs.

:4darkpit: Tried to pick him up after the side B buff but after putting in some time with him I was too annoyed at his edgegardable recovery and overall averageness. Side B is still fun though.

:rosalina:Wanted to secondary her and still might. But I'm seeing zero reason to play her over :4cloud:. :4cloud:is the perfect pocket character. Low work and high reward. Easy to play and top 5.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It hurts me to say it but... :4robinf:

Robin was THE HYPE for my when she was announced. I just about had a heart attack during the trailer. I played the everloving hell out of Robin, and I got to be decent.

But... She's one that I really have to work for. I'm not naturally good with her like I am with :4ness::4lucas::4corrinf:. It got to the point where I just didn't want to play as her anymore. I don't know that I'll ever be able to eclipse "decent" with her. Which is truly unfortunate because FEA has become my favorite game of all time.

D

Deleted member

:4metaknight:- I used him a lot in Brawl and I wanted to continue to use him in SSB4. When :4mewtwo: came out, and I got the money to buy him, I dropped Meta Knight for Mewtwo who has always been my favorite character (I was disheartened when he wasn't in Brawl). Meta Knight is one of my favorite characters, and I still occasionally use him time to time.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4bowserjr:Yung Bowsy here was my first real secondary in Smash 4, and he held that position for a good few months. Conceptually, he's just so cool, riding around in a pimpmobile with tongues, forks, drills, and a bunch of other neat stuff. I loved him... for a while. Soon, my views started to shift and he began to be overshadowed by other characters, such as:4pacman:and:4mewtwo:, and as I realized how much I actually didn't like using him, Bowsy just sorta drifted away from me.
:4robinm:was a character I toyed with the idea of using near the game's launch. He has a giant-ass thunder laser, for crying out loud! Unfortunately, similarly to Bowsy above, his learning curve and general playstyle turned me off - not to mention, one of my friends mains Robin and is actually well-practiced with him, and I don't like stealing my friends' characters.
:4duckhunt:I found Duck Hunt when I was playing randoms against CPUs one day and thought that the Can was just the greatest move in the game. I used him for a while after, even hyping him up as my "new main" for a little bit, but since realizing that I only really liked him for one move, I haven't used him for a couple of months, thus I "silently" dropped him.
:4megaman:I've always really wanted to use Mega Man. Ever since the 3DS demo. That Gold Mega Man amiibo isn't going to train itself, after all. But his playstyle is so unorthodox, what with only having a few direct attacks in his arsenal, it's practically like learning a whole new game. Simply put, I just don't have that kind of time and focus to put into a character who I don't even intend to use outside of "For Fun" matches with friends, pathetic as that probably sounds.
:4charizard:I'll admit, the buff hype got me on this one. I'd say I learned my lesson, thankfully.
Granted, if:4megaman::4bowserjr:or:4duckhunt:get some surprise buffs in the future, I may go back on my decision of dropping them and give them a second chance.
EDIT: Oh shoot, I completely forgot about:4miigun:. Yeah, I tried to push them as one of my secondaries at the very beginning of the game's lifespan when I was still trying to find my "preferred playstyle," but I really didn't enjoy their heavy zoning game as much as I thought I would, so I dropped them pretty quickly.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Here we go!

:4bowser: Got hyped to play him, but he was TOO sluggish for me. Dropped him instantly.
:4lucina:I wanted to play her, but she was trash dropped her, went back and forth. I currently main her.
:4jigglypuff:I thought she was going to be good again, and she was complete trash. Dropped her after a week of giving her a chance.
:4littlemac::4falcon:Tried him out, got gimped a lot, dropped.
:4link:First character I played in Smash 4, but I just couldn't keep up with his sluggishness.
:4mewtwo:Dropped him because he was garbage. He got buffed and i tried him out. And I remembered why I didn't like him. He is so DRAINING. "But you play :4gaw: hypocrite" Yes, but I stand playing GnW because 1) I like GnW more than Mewtwo, so that is the character motivation 2) He fits my troll and disrespectful personality and playstyle. Mewtwo is just too weird and calculating for me. And he is WAY less straightfoward than GnW.
:rosalina:Tried her for secondary, but I just couldn't play her. Always got gimped, always got juggled, never could use Luma. Then a Japanese Ness 2 stocks me after months of trying. NEVER. PLAYED. HER. AGAIN.
:4sheik: I tried playing her, but I just couldn't learn her and get comfortable playing her. The nerfs just cemented why didn't like her.
:4darkpit:I liked him at first, but then I realized why no one likes him or Pit. He is so AVERAGE. I just got tired of playing him, nothing special came out of him. Even if Lucina and Mii Swordfighter are worse, I like them because they have some challenge into playing them, and I like the underdog aspect, and I have some connection with the characters. :4darkpit: was just ....bleh. Haven't played him since December, I'm glad I'm not playing him anymore.

:4myfriends:I started playing him to show off for my friend. Then I stopped playing him because he is just too slow. :sonic:

:4corrinf:I'm dropping her. I just can't click with with her. I don't like DFS, I can't use DL, I can't get used to her recovery (and that is saying something, just look who I play !!!:4ness::4lucina::4miisword:), I get juggled for days, I can't target or combo with this character at all. The precision needed for everything just drains me. "But you play Lucina and Swordfighter, and they are very precise". Yes, but I can trust that their Smashes will kill off a read when I WANT to, I don't have to land a tiny tipper with weird animation. And I can trust that they can keep away my enemy enough to let me think of a read, instead of making a combo on the run. And the same as Dark Pit, Corrin is just BLEH. Her voice is BLEH, her appearance is BLEH, she is just BLEH, I don't have any connection to the character.

Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
The entire roster excluding Mewtwo, Peach and Ganondorf, because I can't find a character I can win as since 3DS launch ;(

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Here we go!

:4bowser: Got hyped to play him, but he was TOO sluggish for me. Dropped him instantly.
:4lucina:I wanted to play her, but she was trash dropped her, went back and forth. I currently main her.
:4jigglypuff:I thought she was going to be good again, and she was complete trash. Dropped her after a week of giving her a chance.
:4littlemac::4falcon:Tried him out, got gimped a lot, dropped.
:4link:First character I played in Smash 4, but I just couldn't keep up with his sluggishness.
:4mewtwo:Dropped him because he was garbage. He got buffed and i tried him out. And I remembered why I didn't like him. He is so DRAINING. "But you play :4gaw: hypocrite" Yes, but I stand playing GnW because 1) I like GnW more than Mewtwo, so that is the character motivation 2) He fits my troll and disrespectful personality and playstyle. Mewtwo is just too weird and calculating for me. And he is WAY less straightfoward than GnW.
:rosalina:Tried her for secondary, but I just couldn't play her. Always got gimped, always got juggled, never could use Luma. Then a Japanese Ness 2 stocks me after months of trying. NEVER. PLAYED. HER. AGAIN.
:4sheik: I tried playing her, but I just couldn't learn her and get comfortable playing her. The nerfs just cemented why didn't like her.
:4darkpit:I liked him at first, but then I realized why no one likes him or Pit. He is so AVERAGE. I just got tired of playing him, nothing special came out of him. Even if Lucina and Mii Swordfighter are worse, I like them because they have some challenge into playing them, and I like the underdog aspect, and I have some connection with the characters. :4darkpit: was just ....bleh. Haven't played him since December, I'm glad I'm not playing him anymore.

:4myfriends:I started playing him to show off for my friend. Then I stopped playing him because he is just too slow. :sonic:

:4corrinf:I'm dropping her. I just can't click with with her. I don't like DFS, I can't use DL, I can't get used to her recovery (and that is saying something, just look who I play !!!:4ness::4lucina::4miisword:), I get juggled for days, I can't target or combo with this character at all. The precision needed for everything just drains me. "But you play Lucina and Swordfighter, and they are very precise". Yes, but I can trust that their Smashes will kill off a read when I WANT to, I don't have to land a tiny tipper with weird animation. And I can trust that they can keep away my enemy enough to let me think of a read, instead of making a combo on the run. And the same as Dark Pit, Corrin is just BLEH. Her voice is BLEH, her appearance is BLEH, she is just BLEH, I don't have any connection to the character.
And I thought I had trouble with mains.

Sheep McLamb

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3368-3778-4498
Huh, it's interesting to see the reasons why people drop characters. Here are mine.
:4jigglypuff: I didn't play Brawl that much after Melee in the most cliched of manners, but I didn't like Puff in Brawl (I didn't realize that he was bottom tier because I didn't pay much attention to the Brawl tier lists). I play SSB4 more, and I really hoped to play a Jiggs more reminiscent its Melee self. For some reason, I was convinced for the first few weeks after SSB4 came out that Puff was top tier, and that we would end up being my main. Though I put lots of effort into Jigglypuff, it didn't really work out, and I abandoned Jiggs a few weeks before the first Tier List came out.

:4gaw: I still use him from time to time, but it's a real pain to KO with him. I still love his air game.
:4olimar:I actually consider myself as decent with Olimar, but playing as him just seemed really repetitive to me. I don't know why, and it's probably just me, but I found myself using the same moves over and over again with pretty much the same effects every time. I love the Pikmin series, though.
:4dedede:Yeah, he's just too slow for my taste.
:4pacman:I liked him well enough, but grabbing is an essential part of my playstyle. I couldn't really use Pac-Man to his full potential.

That is all.

marteen_

Smash Cadet
NNID
martinthelee
The Pits: I don't mind how their playstyle is, and I still play them once in a while. But something about them just doesn't feel satisfying to use. Getting a string with Pit doesn't feel quite as gratifying as getting one with my other mains.

Mewtwo: Tried him out after buying him, but his really large size made it feel kinda awkward for me to play.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:4falco: - I really enjoyed playing as him for a while but unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to use him these days because I struggled quite a lot.
:4ganondorf: - I mean I still use him from time to time, like most recently, I just didn't use him as much as I used to.
:4myfriends: - I mained him in Brawl and I was already gonna main him again in Sm4sh but unfortunately, I stopped playing as him after not using him much and have not touched him since.
:4littlemac: - I enjoyed playing as him as much as I enjoy playing Rosalina and I did had a good run with him but ever since :4cloud: came out, I ultimately dropped him to make room for him. I still use him every once in a while though.

The Monochrome Leader

Smash Rookie
:4lucario: - First character I have ever mained. Truth is, I have only ever used him for his customs. Dropped after I realized that you cant use customs online.

:4luigi: - Got hyped to play as him, but his traction was a bit too slippery for my taste. Dropped after 5 months.

:4villager: - The longest character I have ever played before dropping. Was hyped to play as, but dropped once I got a taste of Game and Watch.

:4wiremac: - "You 'aint no air fighter Mac."

Last edited:

Jona Bon Boa

Smash Cadet
:4yoshi:- I dropped yoshi in smash 4 despite him being my main in every smash I've played. I found myself not having much fun with him compared to the other smash installments which is why I play him in PM :yoshi2: Instead. I didn't like the fact he has like zero kill setups, and his moveset doesn't flow well with me compared to other smash games.

Sheep McLamb

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3368-3778-4498
:4yoshi:- I dropped yoshi in smash 4 despite him being my main in every smash I've played. I found myself not having much fun with him compared to the other smash installments which is why I play him in PM :yoshi2: Instead. I didn't like the fact he has like zero kill setups, and his moveset doesn't flow well with me compared to other smash games.
I didn't play Yoshi in all Smash games, but I sure tinkered with him, and I understand exactly what you're saying, although you probably know more about Yoshi than I do!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
:4yoshi: Was one of my best characters in Melee and even Brawl but I just can't control him in 4 for some reason. My inputs all come out wrong.
:4wiifit:I took her up as a joke after discovering that I could out plank anyone on my sports team. I needed to make sure my one superior exercise remained such and Smash had a convenient clock built in so I combined the two, playing the one only fitness fighter because she felt appropriate. I gave her up when I quit the sport because I actually kind of sucked as her.
:4gaw: Was fun for casual games but, as I improved with Charizard and Kirby, G&W got left behind and I had to drop him.
:4olimar: Just didn't interest me anymore come 4.

Jona Bon Boa

Smash Cadet
I didn't play Yoshi in all Smash games, but I sure tinkered with him, and I understand exactly what you're saying, although you probably know more about Yoshi than I do!
I also found myself losing a lot with yoshi. I just couldn't do well with him, and when i saw that I generally did better with my secondaries in bracket, I knew that it was time to give him up in this game. Fortunately though, I found myself progressing more as a player using charizard and he is really fun to me so he became my main.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I liked :4pacman:a lot at the beginning, but I'm just not patient enough when it comes to his projectiles. I was playing way too aggressively and getting beat because of it.

I actually won an important match by switching to :4zss:but for some reason I don't enjoying playing with her as much as I used to and so I dropped her as a secondary. I never really got the flip kick to work well for me anyway.

Top Bottom