• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you fear when vs 1 on 1?

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I always thought thought this would be an interesting topic to see who people said was their most difficult character to battle while using their main!

For me I would have to say Sonic!
Whenever I see a Sonic (and that is a lot, trust me!) in For Glory I know it is going to be a difficult battle. . . But that's because I hardly know how to counter attack him and his speed at all xD
Others that really get me are Captain Falcon, Ganondorf (his power is just crazy good), Mega Man, Villager, Yoshi, A good Rosalina player. . . and even Jigglypuff sometimes! AND NESS WITH HIS PK THUNDER ON HIMSELF TECHNIQUE! I always fall into that trick :facepalm:
Oh and who can forget the two Super Mario bros also? They are pretty difficult for me as well:joyful:
And of course ROSALINA! Haha she is just tough for me :laugh:

What about you guys? Who is the toughest character for you guys to battle?

Last edited:

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I always, ALWAYS struggle with characters that are really good with shutting down most conventional means of attacking like Villager or even Mega Man, For Glory or Local multiplayer, and have to get crafty with my approaches if I'm using someone who benefits from getting close like Cpt Falcon.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Ganondorf.
He may be slow and easy to punish, but underestimating him and thinking you'll have an easy time to style on him is the first step to getting KO'd at 60%.

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Any aggressive characters(C. Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Little Mac), King Dedede and Rosalina.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Rosalina.

When I see her I know I'm either going to get incredibly frustrated or the match is going to time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi.

As a Yoshi mainer through the years even when he's been terrible I've never EVER had to face another Yoshi.

Smash 4 has dropped this sudden challenge in my lap. I'm not used to fighting other Yoshi, let alone fighting other competent Yoshi players.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yoshi.

As a Yoshi mainer through the years even when he's been terrible I've never EVER had to face another Yoshi.

Smash 4 has dropped this sudden challenge in my lap. I'm not used to fighting other Yoshi, let alone fighting other competent Yoshi players.
I main Yoshi and even I admit he can be annoying to fight online. Lag + lagless aerials = near unpunishable

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Marth. Started when I added someone on ROBLOX(blah blah blah) as a Brawl friend to battle him. Let's just say that I'm itching to defeat any Marths I can ever since.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:rosalina:

No one on the roster terrorizes me more than she does.

qwfwfq

Smash Cadet
I agree with the Yoshi choice. I feel like everyone who mains Yoshi is really good and I don't know how to fight him. Another one I fear is Shiek. I've had some rounds where I may as well just set the controller down and watch the up-airs kick me into oblivion.

In real life I think Villager would be the scariest. Hands down.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Pretty much any character, as long as the person knows what they're doing. =P

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Most of my friends still don't own smash 4, so there currently isn't a character from them that I truly fear. but as for computer controlled Shulks, this is them in a nutshell:
:GCD::GCB: :GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCR::GCA::GCD::GCB:
it gets annoying fast...

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi, Rob, and Jigglypuff.

I don't necessarily fear them, but they are so GODDAMN ANNOYING

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Rosaluma and Samus. The first because she gimps for free and outranges everything, and Samus for the damn missile pressure.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Marth. Started when I added someone on ROBLOX(blah blah blah) as a Brawl friend to battle him. Let's just say that I'm itching to defeat any Marths I can ever since.
Nice to see someone else who plays Roblox what is your name? Mine is Clancy5789 also I fear Fox because he is so fast and literally cringe every time I play Fox.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Fear?
...i don't really have a character i "fear", but ones i absolutely hate to go up against.
Really good Yoshis really frustrate me, even when i win the match. XD
Such an uphill battle for me. OTL
Rush down styled Fox players are also really difficult for me... D:

Top Bottom