• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which char. counters Y.Link the most?

Chip.

you know what to do
Well, I still hate Sheiks.

Now, I've learned to stay my ground. Bombs really give Sheik some hard trouble. The bow is actually also quite effective for good stun. I also learned that sheild grabbing is absolutely no good against her and her non-laggy attacks. Your right, nairs out prioritize most of Sheik's attacks which is good. As for your ledge hop/waveland d-smash idea you can also execute a dair, which will score more damage than a d-smash would. For chain-grabbing, I always DI towards the ledge. Once there, she can't grab me anymore and her short hop isn't short enough for any SHFFL. If you just keep your ground and bombarde her with bombs, bow, and nairs.

I'm not sure if I missed anything, if not, I think I'm not afraid of Sheik's anymore.

Chip.

you know what to do
True dat', I saw the GERM do the -dair from ledge hop- to DSF in "Chain of Destiny", I suppose they both are effective still but I still need to test waveland/d-smash out--not like I don't believe you or anything, but still...

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I think Fox counters YL the most. If a Fox player grabs you, he's going to pull off a 30-40% combo every time. Even something as simple as: Grab > Uair > Uair is so deadly.

In terms of other characters: I don't mind Falcos or Marths. The matchup with Ganon goes both ways, but like someone said, it is level dependent. Sheik's chaingrab is too good, I say this is YL's 2nd worst matchup. ICs can give you major problems as well.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only character I almost never won against was fox.
I won against many sheikes, many falcos, many captain falcon, many whatever but I could never win against foxes.

Chip.

you know what to do
I LUV Foxes. Next to Marth and Peach, Fox might be one of my favorite higher tier charachters to fight against. Fox has so many advantages over Young Link, but I do fairly well against good Foxes in any level.

Jash

Smash Lord
I hate Fox more then satan himself. Hes just so annoying with his shine spike that you cant do nothing about. The only thing you can do to a shine spike is hope he messes up, thats it.

Chip.

you know what to do
No, just mindgame him. Try 'shaking' Young Link's spin attack around by moving back and forth before reaching the edge. Sweetspoting with the spin attack and the hookshot also helps a lot.

Never ever let Fox's insane speed take control of you and the field. When a fast Fox starts to input insane combos on you, your finished. Play responsive and watch how many times they try to jump up for the drill shine, then just anticipate the next time he wants to drill shine and then uair him. Once you uair him at high%, then you can put in some demorilizing combos:uair>uair>uair>nair or dair=ko >.>

Metà

Smash Master
I only do well against foxes because I have insane DI. Other than that, I don't have much else to contribute on this topic, since I don't even use YL seriously.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
I play agaisnt jiggs very rarely, but when I play jiggs I can never grab, is it suposed to be hard to grab jiggs, or am I just bad at grabbing jiggs?

Chip.

you know what to do
Jiggs ain't that hard.

Deva is pretty good with Jiggs.

Not extremely great though.

If she's doing the Wall of Pain, you probably wont ever be able to grab her.

Have you ever played a good Puff? They call me the king of gay...
...............?

Chip.

you know what to do
Need Captain Falcon help, now.

Tips, strategies, good moves to use? Anything will work, I just need some help against him.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
shffl nairs and uairs, dsmash his recovery, randomly dair him when he tries to follow you around too much in the air.

Chip.

you know what to do
Anything to do to prevent his SHFFL'ed fair/nair->l-cancel->grab?

Just spam him would work I guess.

Thx for the advice, anything else?

Metà

Smash Master
Every post before this post is wrong. Giga Bowser is clearly the biggest Marth counter. Hero, when you come for our tourney, play against my Giga Bowser and see how one-sided it is. ^ ^

Chip.

you know what to do
Every post before this post is wrong. Giga Bowser is clearly the biggest Marth counter. Hero, when you come for our tourney, play against my Giga Bowser and see how one-sided it is. ^ ^
Meta what are you talking about???

<.<

>.>

...Umm, has anyone seen HeroSublime on these Boards lately?

Metà

Smash Master
I'll post some vids of my Giga Bowser when I get my VCR working. I play really well with the non-playable characters, like Giga Bowser, the wireframes, and sandbag (well, not really). Giga Bowser is obviously the biggest YL counter.

Top Bottom