• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Amiibo do you think will sell the least?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Gannondork due to the whole its not Hyrule warriors Gannondorf, and Dark Pit because of the clone rage.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Marth.

My mind instinct? Or was it gut instinct? The name echoed inside my head once I read the thread name.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
This is completely the opposite but I can't wait for Bowser Jr. Amiibo

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
ROB and Olimar I feel are gonna get left behind

On the other hand I have a feeling second/third party characters: Shulk, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic and "Forgotten" characters: Ness, Falcon and Fox are gonna sell extremely well.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
Out of the 18 announced so far, I'd probably say the Wii Fit Trainer.

I gotta say though, I REALLY want a Captain Falcon and a Little Mac Amiibo. Just for the figures! I don't even have a Wii U.

S2

Smash Lord
Out of the 18 announced so far, I'd probably say the Wii Fit Trainer.

I gotta say though, I REALLY want a Captain Falcon and a Little Mac Amiibo. Just for the figures! I don't even have a Wii U.
Wii Fit is most definitely going to be the least popular of the announced. I was totally okay with just wanting Link / Samus from the initial batch instead of needing to collect them all. Then Nintendo showed off set 2 that has Falcon and Zelda. And Mac. Oh gawd. This is gonna get bad for me.

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
No way the wii fit trainer will be the least popular. It's a GIRL !
I'm thinking Miis (if it exist), Villager, Donkey kong or ROB.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
The one I think will sell the least? Honestly I gotta say they'll all probably sell a decent amount due to people wanting to collect them all... But I think that there's a possibility that Gannondorf will sell the least.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
My vote before reading everything was Olimar... Then I was reminded that R.O.B. existed.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
While the members of Smashboards will probably be picking up quite a variety, you have to think that the majority of Amiibos are going to be bought by the same kids getting Skylanders/Infinity figures. Well-known franchise stars like Mario, Link, and Sonic are going to be huge. The characters who will be ignored will be the ones who are not too often used in game/ not a very popular character outside of Smash.

I have been enjoying WFT quite a bit, but I'm pretty sure nobody was wanting her in before the game was announced. Unless someone really likes her playstyle, she's going to be left out. Probably the more gimicky, single-rep secret characters like R.O.B., Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt are also going to be low sellers.

Kinda makes me wonder if these ones will be rarer/more valuable down the road. They can't realistically expect to make as many Ness figures as they do Pikachu and have them all sell the same.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
I actually think Mario or Pikachu. Those guys got enough toys already.

Also Sakurai amiibo is necessary.

smash4

Smash Rookie
Wii Fit Trainer isn't really going to sell well, but ROB and maybe Dr. Mario (too bad...) take the cake.
Actually i have seen the wii fit trainer one's price being 60$ on walmart but maybe it's a fault

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm thinking Olimar. I've played over 400 matches online at this point, and I've yet to see a SINGLE Olimar, it's ridiculous.

smash4

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking Olimar. I've played over 400 matches online at this point, and I've yet to see a SINGLE Olimar, it's ridiculous.
i think it's either olimar or r.o.b and maybe mr. game & watch but i'm still confused how will mr. game & watch could look like

Robin, because books are for nerds.

Wii Fit Trainer will do all right as a gag gift for parents who played Wii Fit back in the day.

nah i think anything fire emblem will sell very well. especially in Japan
Well, here are the problems I think Robin will run into.

- Fire Emblem fans would probably sooner buy a Marth or Ike amiibo.
- The Robin depicted in the amiibo may look nothing like each players' version of Robin in FE:A, creating a sort of disconnect.
- Besides Smash fans like us who may get one or two, the main target audience is the Skylanders type of player who would probably never lay a finger on a grid-strategy RPG like Fire Emblem and thus care nothing for the characters.
- I said it before jokingly but I really do think Robin holding a book will make him unappealing to kids.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Well, here are the problems I think Robin will run into.

- Fire Emblem fans would probably sooner buy a Marth or Ike amiibo.
- The Robin depicted in the amiibo may look nothing like each players' version of Robin in FE:A, creating a sort of disconnect.
- Besides Smash fans like us who may get one or two, the main target audience is the Skylanders type of player who would probably never lay a finger on a grid-strategy RPG like Fire Emblem and thus care nothing for the characters.
- I said it before jokingly but I really do think Robin holding a book will make him unappealing to kids.
The average person would rather pick up Marth or Ike Amiibos, but Robin has a big FE following, plus he's a unique and popular newcomer.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
All I know is none of the female figurines will make it on last place.

Because fictional, non-existent cooch is as enticing to fanbois as the real thing.

Waifu truth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom