• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's the cheapest place to buy a copy?

Is it worth it?

• Yes. This game rocks.

• No. This game sucks.

• meh

Results are only viewable after voting.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
As most of us probably know, SSBM is the only Smash game I haven't played. It's the most competitive, most popular, most influential game in the series, and yet, no dice.
The cheapest I can find for it is around $20 without the case. I want the case.

So where's the cheapest place to get it with the case? And what's the price?

agand5

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Dude just sell your soul to the devil for a copy of melee. who knows maybe afterwards you can eat ass fast like the rest of the melee community and actually pull in girls lmao

Pauer

The Pauerful
20$ without a case is a great deal. If you want the case, get some 2$ poopy gamecube game and print out the SSBM cover yourself and replace the cover of the bad game with it. tadaaaaaaaaaa

In Europe, they usually go for 40€ and 30€ is considered a great deal. I heard that melee copies are even more expensive in the US due to high demand. So I'm guessing 30-40$ is the cheapest you're gonna get.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
20$ without a case is a great deal. If you want the case, get some 2$ poopy gamecube game and print out the SSBM cover yourself and replace the cover of the bad game with it. tadaaaaaaaaaa

In Europe, they usually go for 40€ and 30€ is considered a great deal. I heard that melee copies are even more expensive in the US due to high demand. So I'm guessing 30-40$ is the cheapest you're gonna get.
Got it.

If I don't get it by Christmas, I'll do that and beg my parents harder to get more ink for the color printer that hasn't had ink since at least August.
Dude just sell your soul to the devil for a copy of melee. who knows maybe afterwards you can eat *** fast like the rest of the melee community and actually pull in girls (censored by a Smash U fan)
wat

Last edited:

DonOwens

Smash Cadet
It's not only a timeless game, but a prime example of a game that actually evolves with decades of play. You're gonna be playing at least $40-$50 for a copy with the case, and it will probably be scratched thoroughly. :secretkpop:

Purpski

Smash Rookie
As most of us probably know, SSBM is the only Smash game I haven't played. It's the most competitive, most popular, most influential game in the series, and yet, no dice.
The cheapest I can find for it is around $20 without the case. I want the case.

So where's the cheapest place to get it with the case? And what's the price?
If you want the case and game you could try Amazon if you have a lot of money you're willing to spend but even then it's almost $100 in great condition. I haven't checked Ebay in a while but there could be some good deals. Melee is a very hard game to get for cheap now though so you really have to look.

Last edited:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Retro video game retailers.

Thank me later. Might be pricey, but they don't take damaged products. It will be in good shape- and with a case, too.

:093:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
If games & consoles are pricey, they're probably in relatively good condition. You pay for what you get, usually. That's life.

:065:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
It's not only a timeless game, but a prime example of a game that actually evolves with decades of play. You're gonna be playing at least $40-$50 for a copy with the case, and it will probably be scratched thoroughly. :secretkpop:
geez
That's a lot of money. The most I'm paying is $30, and all the ones I can find online within that are $20 ones that don't even work.
If you want the case and game you could try Amazon if you have a lot of money you're willing to spend but even then it's almost $100 in great condition. I haven't checked Ebay in a while but there could be some good deals. Melee is a very hard game to get for cheap now though so you really have to look.
*climbs to the top of the highest mountain in the US with a megamegaphone*
It's just Melee! Melee is a game that should be available to people of all video game suited budgets! That's like making Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt cost a million dollars!
Retro video game retailers.

Thank me later. Might be pricey, but they don't take damaged products. It will be in good shape- and with a case, too.

:093:
I don't know when we'll go back to Jackson, but when we do, I'll make sure we stop by at Nerdvana.
Bruh, I looked on amazon and gamestop........expensive as freak. They come with the case though.
Exactly. They're too expensive, especially for a used game. *remembers the caseless copy of MM5 at the Nerdvana I mentioned...$150*
If games & consoles are pricey, they're probably in relatively good condition. You pay for what you get, usually. That's life.

:065:
True brother, true
Six years ago.

SIX years ago.

I was seven years old and really wanted a retro system. I was a veteran of websurfing at the time and found an NES on eBay for $20. By the time I had enough money, though, it was too close to Christmas and we had an emulator. (Yet, four years later, I got a Genesis clone at BB&B on December 21 and not only did I have Gens on my computer, but my dad apparently has a Genesis in one of our boxes.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom