• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's my Marth Lab Junkies At

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugwest

Smash Apprentice
So back before the shield breaker nerf patch I used to test F-smash tipper vs Neutral B tipper kill %s for the purpose of shield break kills....

I was testing it out today and apparently things are very different.

F-smash used to kill 1% earlier than Neutral B....

However....

I tested neutral B vs Sheik on fd near the ledge (no di) and it killed her at 16% where as f-smash tipper did not kill at 16%.

I tested the same thing vs Diddy Kong only it got really weird. F-smash tipper killed at 14% where as Neutral B didn't kill till I believe 16%.

Now I know character weight can be a factor and I purposely paused every time I hit the Cpu so they couldn't accidentally put their hurtbox into the blast zone.

However Even against Donkey Kong Neutral B killed earlier than Tipper F-smash (somewhere near 45%)

So now I've always assumed because f-smash tipper hits 1% harder its knock back growth would be stronger / a better kill move overall... now im questioning if Shield Breaker actually is a better kill option vs "Light weights" Characters below the average weight of 95. (mario, sonic, etc)

Thoughts?

edit

Wario dies to neutral b at 22% and F-smash tipper at 18%.....

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
So back before the shield breaker nerf patch I used to test F-smash tipper vs Neutral B tipper kill %s for the purpose of shield break kills....

I was testing it out today and apparently things are very different.

F-smash used to kill 1% earlier than Neutral B....

However....

I tested neutral B vs Sheik on fd near the ledge (no di) and it killed her at 16% where as f-smash tipper did not kill at 16%.

I tested the same thing vs Diddy Kong only it got really weird. F-smash tipper killed at 14% where as Neutral B didn't kill till I believe 16%.

Now I know character weight can be a factor and I purposely paused every time I hit the Cpu so they couldn't accidentally put their hurtbox into the blast zone.

However Even against Donkey Kong Neutral B killed earlier than Tipper F-smash (somewhere near 45%)

So now I've always assumed because f-smash tipper hits 1% harder its knock back growth would be stronger / a better kill move overall... now im questioning if Shield Breaker actually is a better kill option vs "Light weights" Characters below the average weight of 95. (mario, sonic, etc)

Thoughts?

edit

Wario dies to neutral b at 22% and F-smash tipper at 18%.....
This is definitely a question for the Q&A rather than making a thread.

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Marth

As you can see, tipper Fsmash has 80 base and 80 growth. Tipper SB has 60 base and 100 growth. Fully charged Fsmash will do 1% more damage though. Only at very low percents will Fsmash be the better kill option, especially when you have rage. However, even with rage, at the other percents Shield Breaker is definitely better.

There is a knockback formula but there's no need to bother. The knockback numbers are enough. 20 more knockback growth is a big deal. Also this is a good chance that during a match, Fsmash might already be stale.

Last edited:

Pugwest

Smash Apprentice
This is definitely a question for the Q&A rather than making a thread.

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Marth

As you can see, tipper Fsmash has 80 base and 80 growth. Tipper SB has 60 base and 100 growth. Fully charged Fsmash will do 1% more damage though. Only at very low percents will Fsmash be the better kill option, especially when you have rage. However, even with rage, at the other percents Shield Breaker is definitely better.

There is a knockback formula but there's no need to bother. The knockback numbers are enough. 20 more knockback growth is a big deal. Also this is a good chance that during a match, Fsmash might already be stale.

thanks and I never use f-smash without a good read. I use shield breaker for tech chases often ^^ kill people on smashville its funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom