• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wheres his brother??

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
As sad as it is, he'll probably be an assist trophy, sad being that he is the only character (to my knowledge) with a chance of being a second playable.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Louie sucks. Olimar is awesome. Also it sounds like you've never even played Pikmin 2 before (which is 50 times better than the first one IMO)

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
Louie will probably be an alt color.
As cool as that would be, I doubt it. Plus, I'm sure people would give you the "Wario is alone" speech. Although Olimar would have to have a required Blue suit, I doubt it would have Louis' face.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
That's why he said "Alt Colour".
But, he said Louis would be an alternate color, if it was just a color, it wouldn't be Louis. Louis' face is different. So if he truly meant color, then it wouldn't be Louis, it'd be a blue Olimar and if he meant costume, then see my previous post.

But, he said Louis would be an alternate color, if it was just a color, it wouldn't be Louis. Louis' face is different. So if he truly meant color, then it wouldn't be Louis, it'd be a blue Olimar and if he meant costume, then see my previous post.
It's Louie, not Louis. And he could be a color change in the same way Fusion Suit Samus is one. Not the actual model, but the same colors.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
It's Louie, not Louis. And he could be a color change in the same way Fusion Suit Samus is one. Not the actual model, but the same colors.
My bad, I always spelled it Louis, but pronounced it Louie. I suppose what you say could be what they do, but the most they could do to separate Louie from Olimar is give him a blue spark, blonde hair, and a redder nose. But, what really defines Louie is his taller face. At least Peach and Daisy have the same model. Oh, well.

My bad, I always spelled it Louis, but pronounced it Louie. I suppose what you say could be what they do, but the most they could do to separate Louie from Olimar is give him a blue spark, blonde hair, and a redder nose. But, what really defines Louie is his taller face. At least Peach and Daisy have the same model. Oh, well.
I just thought the color blue and blond hair was what distinguished him from Olimar. But again, the Fusion Suit Samus in Brawl looks nothing like the real one. I think there's more of a difference there than with Olimar with Louie's colors and the real one.

courte

Smash Lord
WE JUST GOT OLIMAR WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!! jesus, look at what one update does so quickly, although if he were in the sequel, i'd be interested to see how he would play...of course i think we would all love something completely far fetched and unlikely -- Pikmin Nunchucka

i'm surprised no one has made a speculation thread on whether the dojo will return to weekly character updates. I'm sure it's obvious, but if such a thread does exist and was recently made, please do not show it to me; I don't know how much more of the boards i can take before becoming Captain Chucknee Norrisbird-Fire

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Stop bagging on Louie. Anyway, it's obviously he'll likely end up as an AT or something else non-playable.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
If Princess Peach had an Alt costume that was practially Daisy, chances are Louie would be an Alt costume to Olimar.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone forgot Louie, we all know and love him but he's just not worth being a big part in Brawl. Maybe an alternate costume or assist trophy at best.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Well, Louie is a slightly probable alt costume. We know this character will require little voice acting because he makes almost no sound in the Pikmin series. And who would have thought Daisy would be an alt costume of Peach until it happened?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Louie would probably be referenced at some point, or at least make it to be a trophy. But I don't see him becoming an AT.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He will be shown in Olimar's SSE story if he gets one. (I pray every character is involved in SSE one way or another.)

Wouldn't make a great AT but then again...Mr. Rosetti?

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Olimar isn't paired with Louie. There's so much potential for individuality as it is, just because Pikmin are used to fight - adding Louie would be too much like Ice Climbers and ruin their own uniqueness.

Louie also doesn't have enough to base a move-set of his own, either. In the games he could do everything that Olimar could and nothing more. Besides, it was the Pikmin who were the real stars.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I agree with coutre, why are you guys never pleased? Anyway I have never played a Pikmn game, though I do want to. ;o

But if he is around the second main character or something he will most likley be a assist trophy. And nintendo dosen't really go into gay characters guy except for Birdo who is male.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
Yeah... they aren't Brothers... But Louie is like a total rip off of Luigi, although I still think he's cool...
Probably an AT or even possible apart of Olimar's final smash, But I doubt it.

Also an Alternate costume/color for Olimar...

rykall

Smash Cadet
I have never played a Pikmin game, so I had no idea who the hell Louie was.
I google'd him, and came to the conclusion that he looks nothing like Captain Oli.
Captain Oli probably has an alt color with blue gloves and blond hair, 'cause if you give him an longer head he'd look too much like Louie.

And Mario has the Classic Wario colors, but nothing else changed...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom