• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where will Smash 4 go after APEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Warning Received
After the consensus on Smash 4 top 8 being a resounding YAWN it deeply concerns me we could have another brawl on our hands. I'm not here to spread hate. I love smash 4 dearly but I'm concerned that after the top 8 the community willl abandon it like they did brawl. What do you think? Will 4 die out or will it somehow make it. Hell, will someone find a way to "meelefy" it like project m?

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
After the consensus on Smash 4 top 8 being a resounding YAWN it deeply concerns me we could have another brawl on our hands. I'm not here to spread hate. I love smash 4 dearly but I'm concerned that after the top 8 the community willl abandon it like they did brawl. What do you think? Will 4 die out or will it somehow make it. Hell, will someone find a way to "meelefy" it like project m?
Rosalina, Diddy and Sheik (In this order) make this game bad.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4diddy::salt: is the only thing I see. Apperantly ZeRo shouldn't have won, cause he used :4diddy:.

The whining and ******** probably won't stop till a :rosalina: or :4sheik: wins a tournament. :rolleyes:

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Honestly Dabuz was playing so campy that it made people hate Smash 4 even more. I was pleasantly surprised that there was only one Diddy in top eight though.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
:4diddy::salt: is the only thing I see. Apperantly ZeRo shouldn't have won, cause he used :4diddy:.

The whining and *****ing probably won't stop till a :rosalina: or :4sheik: wins a tournament. :rolleyes:
honestly, I don't mind Diddy. People seem to forget that second place was an Olimar. And people also seem to forget you can't really win in Melee unless you at least have a pocket Fox.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
Blame people playing the game like it was Brawl, namely with Rosalina.

Really, though, look at most of the matches in the tournament that didn't involve her, especially ZeRo vs. M2K. Those were pretty entertaining and went by at a solid pace. It's stuff like Rosalina vs. Sonic that slowed everything to a crawl.

Last edited:

Wilyen

Smash Cadet
in all honesty where we go from here... we get better at the game, and stop playing like it's brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
honestly, I don't mind Diddy. People seem to forget that second place was an Olimar. And people also seem to forget you can't really win in Melee unless you at least have a pocket Fox.
And it's not like Project M wasn't completely overruled by the spacies till :mewtwopm: came along... :rolleyes:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
second place was an olimar? don't make me laught... it was a Rosalina, the best character in the game besides diddy kong. Broken as hell, he only get scarred because he coudnt get diddy free with rosalina if it wasn't for diddy kong Rosalina wold dominate this game.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman

The whining and *****ing probably won't stop till a :rosalina: or :4sheik: wins a tournament. :rolleyes:
The moment brokenlina wins a tournament is the moment everyone will realize that she is the best character in the game. Only diddy can't stop her and is an even match! her only supposed bad matchup (sheik) best sheik in the world got ***** by rosalina.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
second place was an olimar? don't make me laught... it was a Rosalina, the best character in the game besides diddy kong. Broken as hell, he only get scarred because he coudnt get diddy free with rosalina if it wasn't for diddy kong Rosalina wold dominate this game.
Yeah, I see your point. It really was his camping against Abadango (probably butchered that name, my bad :p ) but still, Fox is broken as hell in Melee.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Blame people playing the game like it was Brawl, namely with Rosalina.

Really, though, look at most of the matches in the tournament that didn't involve her, especially ZeRo vs. M2K. Those were pretty entertaining and went by at a solid pace. It's stuff like Rosalina vs. Sonic that slowed everything to a crawl.
Ditto diddy was the hypest match in the tournament. The Rosalina vs Sonic was bull**** because Sonic was way more skilled player than dabuz. Dabuz won only because luma can get you even in hit stun and that my friend is bullcrap. The character is so ****ing broken that even supports time outs. Seriously before nerfing diddy they should nerf rosalina, otherwise the smash future will be full of that crap and the game will die.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Yeah, I see your point. It really was his camping against Abadango (probably butchered that name, my bad :p ) but still, Fox is broken as hell in Melee.
Yeah, I love how everyone complains about Diddy (maybe not so much anymore), and completely ignores how most top players in Melee have a pocket Fox.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
but fox is entretaining to watch. Just look a this stuff:
Luma can hit you even when you punished her, hell even when you pummel her or broke her shield.
Rosalina can go for a dash attack+ grab at the same time.
Spammers don't have a chance against her.
She will never lose luma because running away and making timeouts it's her specialty.
You know what's the funny part? everyone was complaining that sheik is her worst matchup, but what happened when the best sheik in the world face against rosalina?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The moment brokenlina wins a tournament is the moment everyone will realize that she is the best character in the game. Only diddy can't stop her and is an even match! her only supposed bad matchup (sheik) best sheik in the world got ***** by rosalina.
It's only cause :rosalina: is a newcomer, and :4diddy: can basically be played as his Brawl counterpart, but with less bananas and more U Air power. I already predicted :rosalina: as the strongest character in the game, but she'll probably need more time to really develop her utmost strategies and playstyles.

Am thinking the same about :4shulk: btw. Am predicting he's also gonna be Top 5 or so.

But let's all just say :4diddy: is the problem shall we? :rolleyes:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I love how everyone complains about Diddy (maybe not so much anymore), and completely ignores how most top players in Melee have a pocket Fox.
pocket fox and pocket diddy's are way more respectable than brokenlina. Worst of brokenlina is that she is just getting started. If they don't patch this game, it will be full of brokenlinas in the future.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
It's only cause :rosalina: is a newcomer, and :4diddy: can basically be played as his Brawl counterpart, but with less bananas and more U Air power. I already predicted :rosalina: as the strongest character in the game, but she'll probably need more time to really develop her utmost strategies and playstyles.

Am thinking the same about :4shulk: btw. Am predicting he's also gonna be Top 5 or so.

But let's all just say :4diddy: is the problem shall we? :rolleyes:
Rosalina is the best character. There is no character in this game that can match her. Diddy can face her because she is just getting discovered, but she has broken tech abusing her luma (while in hit stun attacks) and running away tech. Dabuz isn't even using the dash attack + grab at the same time tech, imagine when that thing gets the public share treathment. Oh boy the future of this game looks very very dark... We really need a patch.

Kraetyz

Smash Cadet
ITT: People thinking the entire game has been figured out after one tournament.

SIGH.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
pocket fox and pocket diddy's are way more respectable than brokenlina. Worst of brokenlina is that she is just getting started. If they don't patch this game, it will be full of brokenlinas in the future.
Exactly. Diddy isn't even that bad of a character other than the dthrow upair which isn't a game changer like how Rosalina has NO bad matchups, can hitstun, and run away until the luma respawns, which basically acts almost as a second player.

Kraetyz

Smash Cadet
U Air 2 stronk nerve plz.

Meanwhile at the Melee sets:

"b-b-but muh fox is so skill!!! melee 2 cool game all other gaems suxxor"
Melee is still a great game, certainly, but I wish people would take off dem rose tinted glasses for like 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom