• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to start?

departedd

Smash Rookie
I've been playing smash 4 ever since it launched, but now that I finally got a mayflash + GC controller I installed dolphin and started practicing melee.
My question is, is there a specific thing I should focus on practicing first? I'm mainly playing vs 20XX bots so I can actually get the basics and then move on to more advanced tech.. the only tech I'm focusing is L-canceling right now.
Should I already start practicing wavedash/land and other stuff or leave that for later?

Ælude

Smash Cadet
I would just grind out some basic movement and fundemental tech like wavedashing, dash dancing, waveshine, shff laser ect.

If you make to the point that those become consistent even under pressure then you probably have what it takes to play melee and can take the next step. If not then hopefully you had some fun learning it wasn't for you.

Top Bottom