• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to start in my community

RedRengadeYo

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new to the smash community and I'm in the Hamilton area, I was wondering where I should start in competitive smash. All the tourney's in canada are either too far or have already passed and I'm just not sure what to do, should I contact someone from my area for help or something? I'm just not sure and I need some type of guidance. >.<

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Start your own scene, if there isn't enough interest then I guess move or get ready to travel some if you want to get serious.

If you've got the passion and you dedicate enough time to the game you can earn enough to cover the travel plus some. Definitely take on as many money matches as you can if you are confident, you can usually earn more money then a small tourney would end up paying out to the winner (especially considering some dirt bag game shops payout in store credit)

RedRengadeYo

Smash Rookie
Thank you guys so much! I'm going to a tourney in Hamilton tomorrow since your help got me to want to go to tourneys.

gazelle84

Smash Rookie
Is there any tournaments or anyone who plays super smash brothers melee in the hamilton area? I want to try and get more into melee and play it with other people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom