• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to get controllers?

D

Deleted member

Well, since the majority of us aren;t going to be using the Wiimote/Nunchuck or Class Controller, does anyone know where I can get my hands on Nintendo-brand Gamecube controllers?

One point:

Every unofficial Gamecube controller I've ever had has lasted a grand total of one month, before snapping, or its cables fray, or it just refuses to work anymore in general

I've only ever had one official Nintendo controller, and that has lasted me almost seven years now. Seven whole years of furiously hardcore play on a huge number of Cube games.

:(

I've tried so many different controllers now it's stupid. Can anyone recommend where to find OFFICIAL controllers (don't say Ebay, people don't have a clue as to the difference), or HIGH QUALITY unofficial controllers (I want them to last, not give out after a month and have to spend another twenty quid lol)?

Sorry to sound like an douchebag. Thanks guys.

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
ive had my gamestop ones for like 5/6 months and they work fine.some people dont like them because theyre smaller then regular ones...call around,some still carry new/used gamecube ones-i bought my last one a few months ago.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Amazon and Nintendo's online store are good choices. I got two from Amazon while they were on sale, only paid $24 for two Nintendo-brand controllers. Gamestop might also have them... but I don't know.

DeadCell34

Smash Rookie
Definately Gamestop. I bought an extra nun-chuk used from gamestop because I was too cheap to buy a new one at that moment, and it still works great. I have seen plenty of used Nintendo brand Gamecube controllers at my local Gamestop. I think they have a 30 day warranty but I doubt you would have any problems out of them.

Tenel

Smash Rookie
my gamestop just got in 6 used nintendo brand gamecube controllers.

6footninja

Smash Ace
online route - playasia.com , nintendo.com , amazon.com
retail route - Gamestop/EB games , some walmart,kmart etc stores still carry cube controllers.
Easy route - phone book

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I see a lot in Gamestop as a few people have already pointed out. There are lots of official ones, both used and new. There's also 3rd party controllers, but you're trying to avoid that. But it is near impossible to find a wavebird around the area I live in.

Supply may vary depending on where you are considering I live in a very populous county.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Gamestop/EB Games has lots of used Gamecube controllers. The ones I bought from them were in good condition- and they still are. Plus, they're cheap, so it's not going to drain your wallet much.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
I bought my gamecube the week it came out. I got a silver controller with that gamecube. That controller is now like 6 or 7 years old and yet it is in no way broken.

So if you are going to buy an used one, buy a normal one with a cord. It may not be cordless, but it lasts a long time and doesn't break easily. like i said, mine is 6 or 7 years old and there's not one thing wrong with it.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
amazon.com

I had the same problem cause i only had 2 controllers, and 3 brothers...
So i ordered a sexy looking orange one (Nintendo brand) and it came in like 3 days after I ordered, and in good shape too. So I highly recommend Amazon

QueTee

Smash Apprentice
all you really had to do was type "gamecube controller" or "wavebird" into google for like a million results. >_>

Top Bottom