• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to Buy Cheap, Functional GC Controllers?

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
Where can I get good controllers for a reasonable price? All mine are either broken or ****e, and I bought a few off of Amazon for cheap, and they all stopped working. Any place I can get good, long lasting controllers that won't put a hole in my wallet?

Thanks for answering!

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Where can I get good controllers for a reasonable price? All mine are either broken or ****e, and I bought a few off of Amazon for cheap, and they all stopped working. Any place I can get good, long lasting controllers that won't put a hole in my wallet?

Thanks for answering!
You can buy a Smash gamecube controller made by Nintendo controller for 30 bucks or you can try Game stop.

Last edited:

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
You can buy a Smash gamecube controller made by Nintendo controller for 30 bucks or you can try Game stop.
I bought one from GameStop, and it sucks bung. The left stick gets stuck way too frequently. Can I buy the Smash one online, or do they sell it at like, Walmart or something?

Pachinkosam

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

Do the Smash ones made by Nintendo play well? No sticking of anything?
It's just like the original GameCube controller when you bought the console years ago. It's original as it gets so don't worry if it's a knock off.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sm4sh controller's control stick feels a little stiffer than the original out of the box (which could be good or bad depending upon your preferences), and I've never seen the stick stick before. The shoulder buttons can stick if you press them in hard at an angle because of the lack of metal rods that were in the originals, but that can be fixed by a touch of silicon lube.

Shreke

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeke_h
Have you been buying 3rd party ones off amazon? Bad idea, just go on ebay and search official ones and the purple ones are generally pretty cheap. Also the new "smash controller" ones are kind of well... stiff and i honestly cant play w/ them after using my well broken in one for so long, might just be me

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
Have you been buying 3rd party ones off amazon? Bad idea, just go on ebay and search official ones and the purple ones are generally pretty cheap. Also the new "smash controller" ones are kind of well... stiff and i honestly cant play w/ them after using my well broken in one for so long, might just be me
I've been buying 3rd party ones made by GameStop... They're bad. If the new Smash ones don't have a joystick that sticks, then count me in.

FlyingAsianBears

Smash Rookie
NNID
FlyingAsianBears
I got my Smash one off of Amazon for $25. It's an original Gamecube controller, but the main stick feels different. Not bad, just different. I could feel the difference when compared to my already platinum one, but it could be that the platinum one is already broken in.

Top Bottom