• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where I've Been and Why I Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I don't wanna sidetrack other threads, so I'm taking this here. For those of you that don't know/remember me, I used to post/play here a lot and there's not much else to know. For everyone else:

Hey you peoples! I missed you guys. 'Specially playing. Here's a quick rundown of the past 6 months:

Why did I leave?
I played SSBB a lot. Visited here a lot. Tried to balance school, work, and SSB. I even played SSBB in school before, between, and after classes. I realized I got home, played, went to school, played at school, got home, played, went to work. I didn't leave myself time for school projects and little time fo sleep. It was bad, you guys. I was failing in school. I decided it was an addiction, so I had to quit cold-turkey.

Where have I been?
I pretty much shelved my Wii. I stopped playing at school too. In my extra time, I started programming in Game Maker working on my own game. SSBB was even in my head while making the game... you can see airdodge and wavedash techniques in my game. That, work, and school.

Why am I back?
A friend of mine wanted to try the Twillight Hack on his Wii, but was afraid he might brick it. I told him I'd do it to my Wii to test it out. I used the Twillight Hack on my Wii and installed the Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS. One of the cheats I wanted to try out was SSBB's Save Longer Replays cheat. So I loaded up the game and played online... but it sucked... I wanted to play with you guys.

Am I back for good?
Yeah, but I won't be here as often as before. Don't expect a new Ditto Tourney or updates on the In-Depth Aerial String Analysis. If there are any online Luigi Forum tourneys that don't require commitment, I'm game. And since I'm not playing compeditively, I'm trying to learn to use the Classic Controller instead of the Wiimote+Nunchuck.

See you guys around! Probably on Mondays when I'm most available! Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom