• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where I think Byleth will lie in the meta

Dawn111

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-9069-5382
I would personally put Byleth between mid and high tier. They has pretty good stage control by using his aerial moves, they have pretty good damage, their kill confirm (DTilt UAir) is consistent, and their moves are strong as heck, particularly their down special, which has super armor and can break their opponents shield. They're fairly slow though, and their high damaging moves are reactable, they can get grabbed whenever they get to use their neutral and down special move, so their high damaging moves are best to use sparingly and not be predictable on using them. I've seen both MKLeo and Pink Fresh's Byleth, and both of them have done so well, it shows that Byleth isn't nearly as mid-low tier as some people thought. Byleth won't be top tier by any means, but it's definitely a viable character.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I would personally put Byleth between mid and high tier. They has pretty good stage control by using his aerial moves, they have pretty good damage, their kill confirm (DTilt UAir) is consistent, and their moves are strong as heck, particularly their down special, which has super armor and can break their opponents shield. They're fairly slow though, and their high damaging moves are reactable, they can get grabbed whenever they get to use their neutral and down special move, so their high damaging moves are best to use sparingly and not be predictable on using them. I've seen both MKLeo and Pink Fresh's Byleth, and both of them have done so well, it shows that Byleth isn't nearly as mid-low tier as some people thought. Byleth won't be top tier by any means, but it's definitely a viable character.
Byleth is a character that will be way better if they have somewhat decent mobility so they can space out their moves better, juggle easier, and escape disadvantage easier. They might be top tier with that mobility boost, but not unfair or cheap.

Top Bottom