• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

where do tga files go?

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
i know these are the portrait pictures for at the char select screen and would like to know where do i put these files on the sd card?
thanks in advance!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
you need to have cupash to make the CSS portraits, so it doesn't actually go in the SD card. It's usually pretty complex, so you should wait a while until your aquainted with hacking. But you should look up cupash and some cupash guides.

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
wait a while for what?? o_o
and i guess i should look into it then. though i dont see how that works out if it doesnt go into the sd...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
sorry, what I mean is when you get aquainted with hacking and modding your wii

or you could just download cupash along with some illegal files, place it on your computer, place the .tga's in the correct folder, run cupash accordingly and place the newly made files into the correct folders of your SD card... that's basically how it works.

Here's a link to a good youtube video: [MeowMix Guides] CUPASH CSP Character Selection Portraits

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
o i see. also where do extra things like character Effects get placed on the sd?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
They go exactly where the texture .pcs and pacs go, they're just named fitXXXeffects or something like that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um....wrong....character hacks are named Fit(Character).pac

and effects are Fit(Character)MotionEtc.pac

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
so just because I don't feel like looking up the entire name of the file, I'm suddenly wrong about where it's placed? I just wanted to make sure AibanSama didn't try to rename it as one of the texture colors. That's all.

It's ok...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If you got Cupash already, you put it in the new files folder and run Cupash after you've extracted all of the original TGAs

If you're talking about your new .pac file, you place the folders created in the new files folder into PF

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
yes i have cupash.
but theres a bunch of folders tat it brought with it ...

Top Bottom